sharetrader
Page 359 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 2593093493553563573583593603613623633694094598591359 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 14320
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Happy to show my ignorance - WTF does that mean?
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=AITMOAF

TG = thank god.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Good god there coming for me!

No more bragging about my wealth now! I'm off over the ditch!

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA21...n-envy-tax.htm

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post

So having failed to deliver on almost anything of consequence and having loaded up the NZ economy with burdensome debts, Clueless Cindy will play the politics of envy to divide NZers even further to stay in power.

Inheritance tax on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post

$50k fine for somebody with 20mil of networth is a not a big deal to keep government of their private information. I wouldn't comply if I had that kind of money.

There's always ways around inheritance tax, as it should. Inheritance tax is just a way to keep low/middle class in their place. To try and keep people from helping their children to escape wage slave status.

Guru

Welcome to 'woke' policing in NZ under this soft on crime / 'we love the gangs' Labour rabble.

Rather than go around thenselves to make "appropriate enquiries" they just hand out addresses to civilians. The situation has now become absolutely disgusting under The Wokester, it is actually corrupt....the police have stopped doing their jobs, and the criminals must be loving it.

I guess there were no thieves in the house, just the sort of people that attack someone with an Ice Axe - ordinary everyday Kiwi's(?) Who else posting on here would attack someone who showed up at their door with an Ice Axe?

Assault? What if the bloke had been brained with the Ice Axe? Assault is a punch or a slap, attacking someone with an Ice Axe is something entirely different.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...ind-stolen-ute

Auckland man attacked with ice axe after police directed him to find stolen ute
    Adam Jacobson
    05:00, Oct 21 2021

A man attacked with an ice climbing axe after police directed him to a property to find his stolen vehicle says authorities failed to protect him.

William Mulholland awoke early Monday morning last week to discover his ute had been stolen from his property in Auckland’s Albany about 4am.

“I work in demolition – they took my tools, more than $2000 in cash and my grandson’s quad bike with them,” Mulholland said.

He reported the theft to police, who notified him about midday his vehicle had been seen at an address in the North Shore suburb of Browns Bay.

When he arrived, the ute was nowhere to be found, he said.

Mulholland approached the house police had identified, knocked on the door, and spoke to a woman for a couple of minutes before a man emerged from behind her and attacked him.

“He came straight for me, swung a climbing pick at me and I put up my arm. The first whack went into it. The second whack – I'm trying to get away at this point – hit me on the elbow.”

The attack left him with two “puncture wounds” and a constant nervous feeling that “this could happen again”, he said.

“I’m a pretty tough character, but it's upset my wife very much. Every little noise now I wake up, and she wakes up and double-checks everything's locked.”

A police spokesperson said authorities received a report of the assault and went to the address where a man was “located inside the property and arrested”.

A 30-year-old had been charged with assault with a weapon and was due to appear in North Shore District Court on November 2, police said.

But Mulholland said the police failed at their job in keeping him safe and that he “should never have been allowed near the place” to begin with.

“We just assumed that the ute had been dumped there and all we had to do was go pick it up.

“It makes me think the police are totally inadequate. And to have an attitude that it was my fault I was there is not good enough.”

When asked why Mulholland had been told the address, police said it “discouraged” the public from “taking matters into their own hands” and instead matters should be left for police to make “appropriate inquiries”.

The address was also searched for stolen property belonging to Mulholland, but nothing was found, authorities said.

Mulholland said he knew some of his stolen property was still in the house and told a senior police officer who had arrived at the scene following the assault that he wasn’t leaving until he got his property back.

The officer then threatened to arrest Mulholland for “breaching Covid-19 health orders” unless he vacated the area.

Mulholland’s son, Gary Mulholland, said no-one wanted to see anyone attacked, “let alone their Dad”.

“The police do nothing. He had his ute stolen, cash stolen, grandson's motorbike stolen, then he was stabbed,” he said.

Police said it was unable to “comment further” because the matter was before the courts.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    $50k fine for somebody with 20mil of networth is a not a big deal to keep government of their private information. I wouldn't comply if I had that kind of money.

There's always ways around inheritance tax, as it should. Inheritance tax is just a way to keep low/middle class in their place. To try and keep people from helping their children to escape wage slave status.
    Yeah I know

It's there as a vote bribe in 2023.

They need the wealthy more than we need NZ.

Not concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Welcome to 'woke' policing in NZ under this soft on crime / 'we love the gangs' Labour rabble.

Rather than go around thenselves to make "appropriate enquiries" they just hand out addresses to civilians. The situation has now become absolutely disgusting under The Wokester, it is actually corrupt....the police have stopped doing their jobs, and the criminals must be loving it.

I guess there were no thieves in the house, just the sort of people that attack someone with an Ice Axe - ordinary everyday Kiwi's(?) Who else posting on here would attack someone who showed up at their door with an Ice Axe?

Assault? What if the bloke had been brained with the Ice Axe? Assault is a punch or a slap, attacking someone with an Ice Axe is something entirely different.

Adam Jacobson

A man attacked with an ice climbing axe after police directed him to a property to find his stolen vehicle says authorities failed to protect him.

William Mulholland awoke early Monday morning last week to discover his ute had been stolen from his property in Auckland’s Albany about 4am.

“I work in demolition – they took my tools, more than $2000 in cash and my grandson’s quad bike with them,” Mulholland said.

He reported the theft to police, who notified him about midday his vehicle had been seen at an address in the North Shore suburb of Browns Bay.

When he arrived, the ute was nowhere to be found, he said.

Mulholland approached the house police had identified, knocked on the door, and spoke to a woman for a couple of minutes before a man emerged from behind her and attacked him.

“He came straight for me, swung a climbing pick at me and I put up my arm. The first whack went into it. The second whack – I'm trying to get away at this point – hit me on the elbow.”

The attack left him with two “puncture wounds” and a constant nervous feeling that “this could happen again”, he said.

“I’m a pretty tough character, but it's upset my wife very much. Every little noise now I wake up, and she wakes up and double-checks everything's locked.”

A police spokesperson said authorities received a report of the assault and went to the address where a man was “located inside the property and arrested”.

A 30-year-old had been charged with assault with a weapon and was due to appear in North Shore District Court on November 2, police said.

But Mulholland said the police failed at their job in keeping him safe and that he “should never have been allowed near the place” to begin with.

“We just assumed that the ute had been dumped there and all we had to do was go pick it up.

“It makes me think the police are totally inadequate. And to have an attitude that it was my fault I was there is not good enough.”

When asked why Mulholland had been told the address, police said it “discouraged” the public from “taking matters into their own hands” and instead matters should be left for police to make “appropriate inquiries”.

The address was also searched for stolen property belonging to Mulholland, but nothing was found, authorities said.

Mulholland said he knew some of his stolen property was still in the house and told a senior police officer who had arrived at the scene following the assault that he wasn’t leaving until he got his property back.

The officer then threatened to arrest Mulholland for “breaching Covid-19 health orders” unless he vacated the area.

Mulholland’s son, Gary Mulholland, said no-one wanted to see anyone attacked, “let alone their Dad”.

“The police do nothing. He had his ute stolen, cash stolen, grandson's motorbike stolen, then he was stabbed,” he said.

Police said it was unable to “comment further” because the matter was before the courts.
    And the woke police threatened to use COVID restriction law to arrest him!!!

WTF were the police in the first place for the criminals to be able to roam around and steal things under the lockdown rules?

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=Logen Ninefingers;918919]Welcome to 'woke' policing in NZ under this soft on crime / 'we love the gangs' Labour rabble.

Adam Jacobson

That's an appalling indictment on the state of policing. What's going on? Too much paper work, too many new recruits, lost too many older experienced hands, morale ??

Too many stories like this, another involving a Wellington women who had her E bike stolen, saw it advertised on Trade Me, told the police who were too busy to do a thing, so she contacted the crim/seller on Trade me, got a friend to drop her off & asked to take the bike for a test ride. She took off on her bike, whereupon the crim got in his car and chased her down & she was only saved presumably from a severe beating by screaming for help from passersby. The crim got back in his car & took off, don't think he's ever been caught.

When exactly the same thing happened in Paris, (saw her stolen bike advertised for sale) French police sent 2 police officers with the owner to reclaim her bike & dealt to the offender before arresting him. He won't be trying that again.

Advanced Member

We are taxed to have a police force, to stop people taking the law into their hands & vigilante action, supposedly.

When incidents as reported here occur, citizens lose faith, and don't report crime .

Then Poto Williams can appear on TV, and say the crime rate is going down.

Advanced Member

I feel sorry for the police. They have new orders these days whether they agree with them or not.