sharetrader
Page 362 of 1429 FirstFirst ... 2623123523583593603613623633643653663724124628621362 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 14286
    Guru

Dan andrews lifts his harsh victorian lockdown policies:

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia...492e38031ea3a6

How long until we will considering we are at the same numbers and have the better quality vaccine?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    There should not be one single poor Maori in NZ.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/pou-tiaki/12...e-mori-economy

NZ-UK free trade deal 'game changing' for the Māori economy
    Thomas Manch
    17:02, Oct 21 2021

The New Zealand-United Kingdom free trade agreement could be “game changing” for the Māori economy, with indigenous trade explicitly included in the text of the deal.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Thursday announced an in-principle free trade agreement had been reached with the United Kingdom, which would ultimately remove tariffs for all New Zealand exports in the coming 15 years.

An indigenous trade chapter in the deal, called “groundbreaking” by Ardern, says both countries will promote Māori interest in the free trade relationship. The chapter is among aspects of the deal for which the fine print is yet to be settled.

And the Māori economic interests, estimated to be worth more than $60 billion, appeared primed to gain from the deal. Chris Karamea Insley, chairman of the Te Taumata board that advises the Government on Māori trade, said there was “a lot to be happy about”.

"There's a lot to be celebrated about this agreement. Certainly, for Māori, in many ways it's game changing and precedent setting.

“From a Māori point of view, you've got to look at the entire agreement. When I say it's game changing, it's not just because there's been an inclusion of an indigenous chapter.

“If you look at a lot of the removal of the trade barriers in the market-access space ... We own half of the New Zealand fishing industry, the removal of these tariffs are game-changing for Māori.

“We need more foreign direct investment in New Zealand as Māori, because we struggle to get foreign investment from banks ... That too is massive.”

Insley said there had been “hard negotiation” to get the indigenous chapter included in the deal, as “the British felt that it was potentially going to be too far precedent setting in terms of the broader discussions elsewhere in the world”.

The chapter would formally recognise the Māori economy, Māori knowledge, and Māori worldview in the trading relationship, he said.

Also specified in the in-principle agreement was “a commitment by the UK to co-operate with New Zealand to identify appropriate ways to advance recognition and protection of the haka Ka Mate”.

The Ka Mate haka, which has become iconic due to the All Blacks performing it, was a foundation of New Zealand’s identity, Insley said.

“It's great, is all I can say, that it is recognised in that way that it's in here.”

('Also specified in the in-principle agreement was “a commitment by the UK to co-operate with New Zealand to identify appropriate ways to advance recognition and protection of the haka Ka Mate”.

The Ka Mate haka, which has become iconic due to the All Blacks performing it, was a foundation of New Zealand’s identity, Insley said.'}

That's the sad and sorry part. The cringey, puke making, barbaric haka from primitive times being protected.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 23-10-2021 at 08:17 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    ('Also specified in the in-principle agreement was “a commitment by the UK to co-operate with New Zealand to identify appropriate ways to advance recognition and protection of the haka Ka Mate”.

The Ka Mate haka, which has become iconic due to the All Blacks performing it, was a foundation of New Zealand’s identity, Insley said.'}

That's the sad and sorry part. The cringey, puke making, barbaric haka from primitive times being protected.
    It is great to see the UK addressing indigenous issues, even in a token way, in a country in which its colonial policies had such an impact on indigenous communities.

A war challenge for a brutal sport, with a sad litany of rugby injuries from schoolboy games through the grades. The physical aggression of this sport developed on the playing fields of an elite English public school found a kindred spirit in the performance of the haka.

Nah - I think the sad and sorry bit is you - cringing and pukeing. You can always turn your back, block your ears and remember how much fun you used to have doing the Hokey Tokey. Or you could get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Nah - I think the sad and sorry bit is you - cringing and pukeing. You can always turn your back, block your ears and remember how much fun you used to have doing the Hokey Tokey. Or you could get a life.
    And this is the way you communicate & interact with the ‘unfortunates’ you supposedly help? God help them because you definitely cannot.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Yes. I do turn my back on the haka bit. If I was a Maori I'd be highly embarrassed; I suppose some are.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ase-since-2020

Case in South Island.

Covid for Christmas - gift from Clueless Cindy being delivered.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/jack-tame-vaccine-certificates-should-have-been-ready-months-ago/DT2HCZ4JXZIVGDV4F4TOMX4ZI4/

But still clueless about how & when to deliver on a vaccine passport/certificate.
    Last edited by Balance; 23-10-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Case in South Island.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/jack-t...DV4F4TOMX4ZI4/

But still clueless about how & when to deliver on a vaccine passport/certificate.
    Might have been spread there by Labour’s chosen people - a sex worker or gang member maybe(?)

Another $110 million going into trying to push (part)Maori to get vaccinated. I wonder how the money will be spent - maybe targeted TV and Radio advertising(?) Seems to be an eye-watering sum of money for an ad campaign. Only 850,000 (part)Maori in NZ remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Case in South Island.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/jack-t...DV4F4TOMX4ZI4/

To be fair - do you know any political leader world wide who managed to absolutely protect his / her country against Covid?

From my recollection - the only one would be (according to his statements) the "dear" leader of North Korea ... and I am not quite sure, whether I should trust his words ;

While I agree with you that a number of things in the Covid response could have been handled better - am I not sure we can blame Jacinda for the lack of discipline of various individuals ... and I guess somebody must have breached some of the rules to give this fellow in Blenheim the virus.

Blame the lack of discipline and respect many of todays parents teach their children ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Yes. I do turn my back on the haka bit. If I was a Maori I'd be highly embarrassed; I suppose some are.
    If you were Maori you would still be you - enuf said.