sharetrader
Page 374 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 2743243643703713723733743753763773783844244748741374 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 14320
    Guru

Ouch
    Who is going to pay for this?
    "A third successive month of record imports has pushed New Zealand to a record trade deficit.

Statistics New Zealand said September imports - at $6.6 billion - outstripped exports ($4.4 billion) by some $2.2 billion. A record.

The import figure was up some $1.5 billion (30%) on the same month a year ago.

The exports figure was $387 million higher than a year ago.

The annual trade balance for the year ended September 2021 was a deficit of $4.1 billion."
    https://www.interest.co.nz/business/...8+October+2021

Guru

Exporters?
    "Eighty-eight per cent of exporters surveyed said logistic costs had climbed for them, 86 per cent had faced delayed transport times and 57 per cent had been unable to get shipping space thanks to freight congestion. "
    https://www.1news.co.nz/2021/10/26/n...8+October+2021

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Breaking news.

Cindy has delivered COVID for Christmas to Christchurch well ahead of time.

South Islanders of the Labour variety must be rejoicing with unbridled joy? She has actually delivered something!
    Yep 2 local cases in Christchurch. COVID for everyone!!!!

Guru

Breaking news.

Cindy has delivered COVID for Christmas to Christchurch well ahead of time.

South Islanders of the Labour variety must be rejoicing with unbridled joy? She has actually delivered something!
    I thought of you when I heard the news - you'll be so pleased now.
    Maybe it will push up the vaccination rates - been lagging across the board for the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I thought of you when I heard the news - you'll be so pleased now.
    Maybe it will push up the vaccination rates - been lagging across the board for the last week.
    Not pleased but vindicated in my view that Cindy is clueless now that her only strategy to contain the virus, lockdown, is not working.

And indeed let’s hope the fear factor pushes vaccination rates up.

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

The amount of debt being piled up is a huge concern

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toulouse - Luzern View Post
    The amount of debt being piled up is a huge concern
    If we default our debt obligations/our credit rating gets lowered/there goes the economy/jobs/housing market/NZX.

(Worst case scenario only but they need to keep an eye on it)

Guru

Not pleased but vindicated in my view that Cindy is clueless now that her only strategy to contain the virus, lockdown, is not working.

And indeed let’s hope the fear factor pushes vaccination rates up.
    So you're saying that you were silly enough to think that it wouldn't make its' way to the South Island?
    Lockdown is working - not as well as it should if people followed the rules.
    Level 3 means people can catch it via work or takeaways - there seems to be very little of that. It's spreading by people meeting up, indoors, when they shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    So you're saying that you were silly enough to think that it wouldn't make its' way to the South Island?
    Lockdown is working - not as well as it should if people followed the rules.
    Level 3 means people can catch it via work or takeaways - there seems to be very little of that. It's spreading by people meeting up, indoors, when they shouldn't.
    People follow rules. Auckland people literally do everything government mandated, masks, world leading vaccination rate, distancing. I live here and haven't left home for 3 months, like most of Aucklanders.

There was a couple of isolated incident of mostly crims and influencers, but most of them didn't even have anything to do with covid spread.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    People follow rules. Auckland people literally do everything government mandated, masks, world leading vaccination rate, distancing. I live here and haven't left home for 3 months, like most of Aucklanders.

There was a couple of isolated incident of mostly crims and influencers, but most of them didn't even have anything to do with covid spread.
    Most people follow the rules.
    Same here in the Waikato.
    There must be more than a couple of isolated incidents.

Most cases have spread via personal, indoor, contact. This was happening at Level 4 also.
    There is very little spread via the workplace.

Most follow the rules - those who don't spoil it for the rest of us.