sharetrader
Page 375 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 2753253653713723733743753763773783793854254758751375 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 14320

Level 4 was so short that I call BS on personal transmission in breach of rules.

Also lvl 3 allows you personal contact, so again no breach of rules.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    So you're saying that you were silly enough to think that it wouldn't make its' way to the South Island?
    Lockdown is working - not as well as it should if people followed the rules.
    Level 3 means people can catch it via work or takeaways - there seems to be very little of that. It's spreading by people meeting up, indoors, when they shouldn't.
    It is the height of naivety to believe and assume that all people will follow the rules when early in in this lockdown, people had already started breaching the rules! And it became worse & worse as the lockdown stretched on and on.

And Cindy is clueless as to what to do so she did nothing to contain that risk - so that's why it's COVID for Christmas as her gift to the South Islanders.
    Last edited by Balance; 28-10-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And Cindy is clueless as to what to do so she did nothing to contain that risk - so that's why it's COVID for Christmas as her gift to the South Islanders.
    Do you post this much about the flu? That is what corona is now thanks to vaccines.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    Level 4 was so short that I call BS on personal transmission in breach of rules.

Also lvl 3 allows you personal contact, so again no breach of rules.
    How is it spreading then?

(L3 allows personal contact outside - not inside.)

Everyone with half a brain knows how & why it is spreading.

The government knows only too well but for political reasons, will not share & circulate the information as it involves the underprivileged being identified as the biggest culprits in branching & ignoring the lockdown rules, and not getting vaccinated.
    Last edited by Balance; 28-10-2021 at 03:00 PM.

Guru

So they are following your desired approach last year then.

I think we should open given new information. What's your position today?

Guru

The government knows only too well but for political reasons, will not share & circulate the information as it involves the underprivileged being identified as the biggest culprits in branching & ignoring the lockdown rules, and not getting vaccinated.
    Do tell so that all of us can be clear.

PS - I was asking peetter but you can't help yourself.

Well Level 4 wasn't long enough to cover the incubation period of the first covid case so it's pretty easy to deduct how it spread. At level 3 there's a significant increase in workers from different bubbles intermingling. It's not a rocket science. I am sure if government actually published data they got from tracing, we'd find out most of the spread is through legitimate contacts. But I doubt we will ever see this kind of data, because that doesn't look good on them.

Anyway I am sure you'll still continue saying it's all a fault of rule breakers and the government is amazing, so let's just agree to disagree.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    Well Level 4 wasn't long enough to cover the incubation period of the first covid case so it's pretty easy to deduct how it spread. At level 3 there's a significant increase in workers from different bubbles intermingling. It's not a rocket science. I am sure if government actually published data they got from tracing, we'd find out most of the spread is through legitimate contacts. But I doubt we will ever see this kind of data, because that doesn't look good on them.

Anyway I am sure you'll still continue saying it's all a fault of rule breakers and the government is amazing, so let's just agree to disagree.
    Actually I won't say it was just from rule-breaking.
    I'm trying to get my head around the spread.
    Certainly, a lot of it in the Waikato is via rule-breakers - how else can it get from Te Awamutu to Otorohanga?
    They said that there was little spread via the workplace (in Auckland).
    There are few other legitimate ways for it to spread - there is not a lot of difference between L4 and L3 except takeaways and the workplace (ignoring the picnics outside because it was spreading in L3 before they came in). A lot of it has been via 'known contacts' - how do known contacts spread it if they aren't in contact?

I don't think it is a political thing but some people like to ascribe politics to everything - a tiredness of the lockdown and wanting someone to blame I suspect.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Do you post this much about the flu? That is what corona is now thanks to vaccines.
    Balance isn't locked up in his home for 12-14 weeks with the flu in the community