sharetrader
Page 398 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 2983483883943953963973983994004014024084484988981398 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 14320
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Clueless Cindy is not going to like this :

Labour has taken a shellacking in the two new polls as the ongoing lockdown in Auckland starts to bite.

A leaked copy of Talbot Mills Research poll (formerly UMR) shows Labour has dropped by five points to 41 percent support in the last month – its lowest result since January 2020, before Covid-19 hit New Zealand.

The latest Taxpayers' Union Curia poll out today showed Labour had crashed six points to 39 percent - while National was up four points to 26 percent.

In both polls, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has also taken a hit.

In Talbot Mills, Ardern remains well ahead of anyone else as preferred prime minister on 47 percent. That is back to her pre-Covid levels of support, down from a high of 65 percent in the first lockdowns in 2020.

It is down from 51 percent in last month's poll.

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/...-hit-new-polls

No wonder she has been shying away from Auckland and visited all of 2 businesses yesterday to gauge the mood of the city!
    Forget the headings. Labour are doing well for this stage of the game. Or rather, they are polling quite well - simply because National are asleep. The minute they come out and dump Collins, the game will be on. I suppose they are holding back at the moment to see if Luxton can ignite the public - or will they appoint Nicola Willis as leader? And what will become of the old codger who has led NZ First?

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Forget the headings. Labour are doing well for this stage of the game. Or rather, they are polling quite well - simply because National are asleep. The minute they come out and dump Collins, the game will be on. I suppose they are holding back at the moment to see if Luxton can ignite the public - or will they appoint Nicola Willis as leader? And what will become of the old codger who has led NZ First?
    It’s a waiting game for a new National leader with the next election 2 years away.

COVID is the principal reason why Cindy got re-elected last year and that has now run its course.

Her inability :

to deliver on anything meaningful in the last 4 years,

the 3 Waters controversy,

the pandering to the gangs & criminals,

the revelation of the Maori cabal forcing her to adopt co-governance racist policies,

the wasteful spending on government bureaucracy,

the housing disaster,

the legacy of borrowing $1 billion a week to go nowhere but stand still,

the immigration mess

and

her team of nincompoop ministers like Chris Faafoi

All very rich fertile grounds for the new leader of the National Party to hit the ground running in 2023.
    Last edited by Balance; 11-11-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It’s a waiting game with the next election 2 years away.
    It is, but if I had to place a bet at this stage, I'd bet on a Labour-led coalition. Their coaltion partner may be a surprise.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    It is, but if I had to place a bet at this stage, I'd bet on a Labour-led coalition. Their coaltion partner may be a surprise.
    Please surprise us with what that surprise may be?

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...ardern-return/

Cindy in Auckland or rather hiding away from the real Auckland - or so she thought until she got an earful from the MD of the company she visited for a photo opportunity - oops!
    Last edited by Balance; 11-11-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Advanced Member

After reading house prices went up another $100,000 in September!
    One of the biggest failings during this govt it seems to me, is the loss of confidence in our currency as a store of value.
    People have been ploughing their money into real estate as a more reliable store of value than money in the bank.
    That spells huge problems.
    Surely its one of the govt & Reserve Banks primary jobs to ensure people can feel confident the countries currency is a reliable store of value instead of houses or precious metals or art works etc.
    Or have I got that wrong?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    One of the biggest failings during this govt it seems to me, is the loss of confidence in our currency as a store of value.
    People have been ploughing their money into real estate as a more reliable store of value than money in the bank.
    Surely its one of the govt & Reserve Banks primary jobs to ensure people can feel confident the countries currency is a reliable store of value instead of houses or precious metals or art works etc.
    Real estate is a finite resource while the money supply ($ in circulation) is not. In the middle somewhere is demand - and while the population is increasing demand will rise. So there are all the factors you need to answer your question.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    I think you have it wrong.
    If there was a loss of confidence in the NZ$ then it would collapse.
    What people have lost confidence in is getting a return from 'money in the bank'.

Deposits in banks, though, have increased substantially.
    Westpac, I think I read, has been able to borrow domestically all the money they needed to lend.
    Last edited by dobby41; 11-11-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Guru

Mortgage debt being eroded, plus the house prices increase is a double win for home owners.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 11-11-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Guru

Australia unemployment rate increase to 5.2% .

https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/la...latest-release