sharetrader
Page 40 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450901405401040 ... LastLast
    Guru

The latest display of cynicism from this arrogant regime.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ay-of-the-year

Enjoy the warm fuzzies while they last folks. The winter of discontent will bite.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/heathe...OQG52QXKMDDYI/

Paywalled

Ihumatao - ultimate betrayal of the principles of treaty settlement & private land rights.

All for the Maori votes so Cindy can stay in power.

Excerpt : "They* have shown their ability to flex their muscles and make demands, including forcing Kelvin Davis into Labour's No 2 position, and possibly also leveraging Nanaia Mahuta into the foreign affairs portfolio despite her lack of qualification for the role.

Exerting power isn't a bad thing. Any grouping within a caucus is entitled to (and should) use that size to further its own goals, whether it be a group of rural MPs, urban MPs, liberals, conservatives, or, in this case, Māori MPs.

What's tricky is when the goals of that grouping don't align with the goals of the wider party. And that seems the case with Labour. The Ihumātao decision is one the Māori caucus will see as a win, but one Jacinda Ardern doesn't even want to answer questions about.

Expect more of this. There are probably more controversial te ao Māori decisions than Christmases left between now and 2023's election."

* Maori MPs
    An opinion from a very opinionated anti Labour (actually she appears to be anti everything) person.
    On her radio show she often dresses opinion up as fact.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/south-...ry-of-the-year

And for the record, Taiwan beats NZ hands down as far as managing the pandemic is concerned - less deaths and no disruption to its economy.

Self praise is no praise.

Guru

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/south-...ry-of-the-year

And for the record, Taiwan beats NZ hands down as far as managing the pandemic is concerned - less deaths and no disruption to its economy.

Self praise is no praise.
    Thumbs up to Taiwan - but we aren't them and our living and values aren't the same.
    We are similar to Aussie and we have done better than them - the ones you thought, at one time, we should follow.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Thumbs up to Taiwan - but we aren't them and our living and values aren't the same.
    We are similar to Aussie and we have done better than them - the ones you thought, at one time, we should follow.
    But for the grace of God or whosoever, Labour’s multiple quarantine stuff-ups could have landed us the same as Oz. And we know that there are multiple failures because the report is out, after the election and during the silly season. Cover up seems to be the modus operandi now of this government.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...hs-of-miq.html

Remember how your Cynical Cindy promised transparency and accountability?

As I wrote, for the record so no one can write any more that NZ beat every other country in the world in handling the pandemic.
    Last edited by Balance; 21-12-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Guru

But for the grace of God or whosoever, Labour’s multiple quarantine stuff-ups could have landed us the same as Oz. And we know that there are multiple failures because the report is out, after the election and during the silly season. Cover up seems to be the modus operandi now of this government.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...hs-of-miq.html

Remember how your Cynical Cindy promised transparency and accountability?

As I wrote, for the record so no one can write any more that NZ beat every other country in the world in handling the pandemic.
    Mistakes were made, mistakes were fixed.
    Learning as they went we are now in a good space but with the probability of having more cases in the community at some stage.
    When I wrote this previously you accused me pre-excusing the Govt for their cock-ups. History has shown that mistakes happen everywhere because the systems are run by humans and humans are fallible.
    You seem to lack the ability to think rationally and are driven by your hatred of Jacinda. You still create labels like Trump does. In fact, you display a lot of Trump like characters.

You need to take a break and find your balance.

Mistakes were made, mistakes were fixed.
    Learning as they went we are now in a good space but with the probability of having more cases in the community at some stage.
    When I wrote this previously you accused me pre-excusing the Govt for their cock-ups. History has shown that mistakes happen everywhere because the systems are run by humans and humans are fallible.
    You seem to lack the ability to think rationally and are driven by your hatred of Jacinda. You still create labels like Trump does. In fact, you display a lot of Trump like characters.

You need to take a break and find your balance.
    On the contrary, I do not make promises and articulate high principles like transparency and accountability in government and then, cynically break said promises and go back on said principles.

You may have low aspirations of your leaders which tells a lot about who and what you are but there are those of us who still believe in some basic values and principles.

Cynical Cindy - you are welcome to her.
    Last edited by Balance; 22-12-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Guru

On the contrary, I do not make promises and articulate high principles like transparency and accountability in government and then, cynically break said promises and go back on said principles.

Cynical Cindy - you are welcome to her.
    You have her - get over it.
    Take a break and get your balance back.

You have her - get over it.
    Take a break and get your balance back.
    I am perfectly at peace with myself.

Thanks for your concern but I have greater concerns for the future of NZ, especially the gullible youth when a Cynical leader is held up by the likes of you as great for NZ.

Housing crisis is now a full blown housing disaster and not a word from the likes of you.

Guru

I am perfectly at peace with myself.

Thanks for your concern but I have greater concerns for the future of NZ, especially the gullible youth when a Cynical leader is held up by the likes of you as great for NZ.

Housing crisis is now a full blown housing disaster and not a word from the likes of you.
    There have been words from me - I just don't harp on like some demented fool.

Housing is a big problem but what is the solution?
    I still like the idea of building more houses and would prefer the Govt just stuck to building Kainga Ora houses.
    Go back to the 'good old days' where the low income rented from the state and those who could afford it rented privately.
    The rot set is when Housing Corp went to 'market rent' and accommodation supplements that were available to private landlords (or people renting via private landlords). Housing Corp moved away from their decades old purpose of providing housing to the less well off.

They could assist FHB to get a deposit by offering shared equity and the like but that just increases pressure on what is still a restricted resource - houses.
    Removing the RMA isn't the answer because it isn't really the problem - it doesn't help but people who think just removing RMA requirements will 'solve' the issue are deluded.

The issues started a long way back and National saying that there wasn't a problem didn't help anything - it wasted years.
    Labour tried with KiwiBuild (and failed dismally) but it was never going to work as the target was just stupid (lack of tradies etc).