sharetrader
Page 405 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 3053553954014024034044054064074084094154555059051405 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 14320
    Advanced Member

Originally Posted by ynot
    What does not inspire a lot of confidence is a prime minister that can't cope with 1 heckler in a room, can't front the podium on a bad news day, and when she does appear looks like a jibbering mess.

There would be very few people who would see it that way.

Even the journalists there thought she handled Chafin perfectly, denying him any oxygen for his You Tube rant.

It wasn't a political rally where you might engage with hecklers, it was an exclusive media briefing to update journalists on the evolving situation in Northland.

Whatever the PM's weaknesses, this is not one of them.

She is highly rated ( & acknowledged by the opposition, media etc ) as a great communicator, an articulate speaker, quick on her feet & a master of the one liner as several opposition leaders have found to their chagrin in the debating chamber.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 16-11-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post

Originally Posted by ynot
    What does not inspire a lot of confidence is a prime minister that can't cope with 1 heckler in a room, can't front the podium on a bad news day, and when she does appear looks like a jibbering mess.

There would be very few people who would see it that way.

Even the journalists there thought she handled Chafin perfectly, denying him any oxygen for his You Tube rant.

It wasn't a political rally where you might engage with hecklers, it was an exclusive media briefing to update journalists on the evolving situation in Northland.

Whatever the PM's weaknesses, this is not one of them.

She is highly rated ( & acknowledged by the opposition, media etc ) as a great communicator, an articulate speaker, quick on her feet & a master of the one liner as several opposition leaders have found to their chagrin in the debating chamber.
    Straight out of Clueless Cindy’s propaganda PR spin booklet.

Absolute garbage!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Straight out of Clueless Cindy’s propaganda PR spin booklet.

Absolute garbage!

Being angrier, doesn't make an opinion any righter!

Legend

Or the grammar any betterer.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    True, but they're still way out in front - as is Jacinda for most preferred as P.M. National will not climb significantly in polls until they dump Judith, and when they do - look out.
    Question would be - do they have anybody better than Judith the caucus would agree on and support? We clearly don't need National playing the leadership marry-go-round for the next 2 years or so.

I do see a small number of (I think) capable people in National, but not quite sure whether this is enough to rescue a party rotten from the core. For starters - as long as they don't get rid of the current quite ineptly called president I think they don't have a chance to select a capable and trustworthy team.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Or the grammar any betterer.
    Both good points

Advanced Member

Some musings from the latest polling.

If the wives of places like Remuera, who love spending the income of their Tory husbands, but who give their party vote to the Greens, thinking they are helping a penguin out in the Ross dependency, but are actually supporting the looney left, wake up and vote for trendy Act instead, could be the end of the coalition.

If traditional Labour voters wake up to Jacinda's divisive direction, the resultant split would resemble that at the time of Rogernomics.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    If the wives of places like Remuera, who love spending the income of their Tory husbands, but who give their party vote to the Greens, thinking they are helping a penguin out in the Ross dependency, but are actually supporting the looney left, wake up and vote for trendy Act instead, could be the end of the coalition.
    I think too many woman vote with their husbands, still, rather than doing what's right.

Males provide us the Iraq war, climate disaster and high debt. Too many are "angry" pointlessly.

No wisdom to be found there sadly.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 16-11-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post

For the record what those people get away with is just plain wrong.
    How to fix it isn't simple though.
    Kicking them out seems like a good idea but they still end up as a housing problem for the state (I think I posted an article on this previously).
    Fining them wouldn't help - they just won't pay.

I don't have an answer but I suspect that the answer would be different depending on whether they had kids or not.
    Maybe they need to be corralled together out of the way and left to annoy each other.
    In the age of globalism, and Evergrande having 60 million empty apartments or homes, perhaps our disruptors could be exported to China, to live under a regime that DOES know what house arrest means!
    Be cheaper than having them here, plus the social benefits to Kiwis left in the neighbourhoods the predators vacate.

Or 'exiled' to the appropriately named Disappointment Island, part of Auckland Isles.
    No wardens, just predators predating on predators.

If there is still any 'be kind' sentiment, then revive Somes Island in Wellington harbour from its past.
    Last edited by Getty; 16-11-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    For the record what those people get away with is just plain wrong.
    How to fix it isn't simple though.
    Kicking them out seems like a good idea but they still end up as a housing problem for the state (I think I posted an article on this previously).
    Fining them wouldn't help - they just won't pay. ....
    Housing bad tenants is not a new problem, but it does not have to be the taxpayer's problem. A couple of things make it worse now apart from no KO evictions allowed. Examples - sheer force of numbers, private landlords forced by new regs to avoid even a sniff of risk, decline in home ownership.

The last point is important because fewer homeowners mean there are fewer relatives able to take in their own even if they wish to. Landlords, private and social are much much less willing to tolerate crowding so tenants put themselves at great risk if found out. Homeowners can do pretty much what they like. That might seem an arcane reason but it is very common and there are some parts of society that are unable to refuse extras.

So if tenants are in housing need, they can fall into the arms of their families until they make other arrangements, as has been the case for ever.

I think we would find plenty on the social housing waiting list are in that situation while they wait - it is what families do even if they don't want to. And evicted bad tenants, the same.