sharetrader
Page 422 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 3223724124184194204214224234244254264324725229221422 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 14320

Clueless - 20 months into the pandemic & this Labour government is still all spin & no delivery.

No wonder there have been 3 deaths so far from home self-isolation situations.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertain...WO7JGYMAAWCHQ/

Duncan Garner has labelled the Covid home isolation system a "failure" and a "multi-agency trainwreck" in an honest account of his experience.

"I have not seen a doctor, nurse, or a health professional the entire time I've been sick, which is close on two weeks now," he wrote in an opinion column for business publication NBR.

He criticises the home isolation policy, and explains the system is flawed, arguing people travelling who are double vaccinated and healthy are able to stay in an MIQ facility while others are left to isolate at home without the same level of care.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    No I wasn't born and only started taking an interest in politics this last year or so
    Fair enough. 'Wallace' was Bill Rowling who became Prime Minister after David Lange died while holding office as P.M.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Fair enough. 'Wallace' was Bill Rowling who became Prime Minister after David Lange died while holding office as P.M.
    Neither of these people died while in office .

Ya What??
    Unusual for you. Blood sugar low before morning tea?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Seems to be some confusion on who was whom.
    From the Labour Party wiki

Third Government (1972–1975)

Kirk proved an energetic Prime Minister and introduced a number of new policies. His foreign-policy stances included strong criticism of nuclear-weapons testing and of South Africa's apartheid system. However, Kirk suffered from poor health, worsened by his refusal to slow the pace of his work. In 1974 Kirk was taken ill and died. Bill Rowling replaced him, but did not have the same electoral appeal – in the 1975 election, Labour lost to the National Party, then led by Robert Muldoon.[46]
    Party logo from the mid-1960s until the early 1990s

Rowling remained the leader of the Labour Party for some time after his defeat. In the 1978 election and the 1981 election Labour won a larger share of the vote than National but failed to win an equivalent number of seats. Rowling himself was compared[by whom?] unfavourably to Muldoon, and did not cope well with Muldoon's aggressive style. In 1983 Rowling was replaced as parliamentary leader by David Lange, whom the parliamentary caucus perceived as more charismatic. In the snap election of 1984, Labour defeated the National Party.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Sorry - not Lange - meant Norman Kirk, the pigeon shooter.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Ya What??
    Unusual for you. Blood sugar low before morning tea?
    It is unusual. The only other time I was wrong was the day I thought I'd made a mistake, then found out I hadn't.

Advanced Member

In the midst of a shortage of doctors, nurses and midwives of any race, Labour intend to establish a separate Maori Health authority, its proponents pushing the Maori by Maori line.

Some years ago, part of Hawkes Bay DHB funding went to fund such an operation in Central HB. to provide a bit of good old kaupapa Maori.
    Patients would drive to a clinic in Otane to see their professional of choice, but alas, there were none.
    Instead they were placed in a mini bus, and transported to Hastings, to the Doctors, staffed by South African Doctors, who took on the public as patients without referral.
    The driver and minibus would then be waiting till the visit was over, before returning 38km to Otane.
    Some patients would have come from Te Aute, Te Hauke, which meant they were backtracking 10/12km each way past their own homes, Others who lived in Waipawa, Waipukurau had driven 5 or 13 km away from @ 7 resident GP doctors in their own towns.

What an unnecessary step, time delay, extra overheads paid by the taxpayer, for no better health outcome.
    Maybe a few extra kioras and nga mihis.

Are we in for more of the same?

Maori by Maori?

Yeah, right!
    Last edited by Getty; 23-11-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Gee, you know a lot of people and they all support your clueless nincompoop views.

westerly
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Better than you indoctrinated devotees supporting the clueless one delivering COVID for Christmas & regurgitating her ‘transparent, go hard and go early, short & sharp, Kiwibuild blah blah blah’ garbage.

Too easy!
    Is this the kindergarten thread? Is there a thread for grown ups as well? I mean a thread where people discuss politics instead of calling each other names?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Is this the kindergarten thread? Is there a thread for grown ups as well? I mean a thread where people discuss politics instead of calling each other names?
    Yes
    No
    Name-calling seems to de rigueur at the moment in some circles - following Trump. Call someone a name to shut them down.