sharetrader
Page 431 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 3313814214274284294304314324334344354414815319311431 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 14320

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I am not elected and paid to make the right decisions for 5 million NZers, am I?

And I do not have the unlimited resources (tens of billions of dollars spent so far, and hundreds of millions $ on consultants) of the state to help me make those decisions.

Is that not a leader's role and should a leader NOT be judged based upon their decisions?

Which part of the above do you not understand?

Clueless is as clueless does.
    So - you are saying we paying our politicians to be soothsayers? That's an interesting concept ... it never occurred to me that we only need to hire somebody omniscient to solve all our problems. Quite easy solution: God for PM and all is good. Only problem is - depending on your believes, there is only zero, one, three or some other very small number of omniscient beings around, and they (if they exist) seem to have a quite funny sense of humour given that they must have created us to do things they neither expected nor like ...

OK - but seriously - I am surprised that you don't understand the behaviour of highly complex chaotic systems ...

I am as well surprised that you don't seem to understand the concept of uncertainty. How does this work for you as investor?

The best we can hope for and expect our leaders to do to make the best possible decisions given a high degree of uncertainty.

Anybody with a little bit of working grey matter between their ears knows that it is not possible to make long term predictions in chaotic systems ... and I am afraid this is what we are dealing with.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    So - you are saying we paying our politicians to be soothsayers? That's an interesting concept ... it never occurred to me that we only need to hire somebody omniscient to solve all our problems. Quite easy solution: God for PM and all is good. Only problem is - depending on your believes, there is only zero, one, three or some other very small number of omniscient beings around, and they (if they exist) seem to have a quite funny sense of humour given that they must have created us to do things they neither expected nor like ...

OK - but seriously - I am surprised that you don't understand the behaviour of highly complex chaotic systems ...

I am as well surprised that you don't seem to understand the concept of uncertainty. How does this work for you as investor?

The best we can hope for and expect our leaders to do to make the best possible decisions given a high degree of uncertainty.

Anybody with a little bit of working grey matter between their ears knows that it is not possible to make long term predictions in chaotic systems ... and I am afraid this is what we are dealing with.
    Yup, anyone with any brain cells knows Cindy is clueless.

With COVID, Cindy decided NZ's best strategy is to learn from the experiences of other countries and adapt. Worked well in the first year and did she not received accolades & praise from all and sundry.

Along came delta and as Sir Brian Roche highlighted in his report, Cindy was caught (despite having plenty of time and unlimited resources) unprepared.

She knew only one thing 'lockdown' as a strategy and the short & sharp has become long & blunt.

It is not about prediction - it is about preparedness and adaptability. This means a leader has to be on the ball and is not clueless.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...-outbreak.html

Sir Brian Roche warned lockdown tolerance was waning, the vaccine rollout was failing Māori and MIQ was causing social and economic harm, a document dump released on Friday shows.

The esteemed advisor also told the Government the "current outbreak has revealed the very poor level of preparedness of hospitals.
    Last edited by Balance; 29-11-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Self-isolation deaths preventable but when you have Clueless Cindy in charge, it's inevitable.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...PZEFIQTTK672A/

A report into the deaths of two Auckland Covid patients' in home-isolation has found they were "potentially preventable".

An independent review panel released its findings today on the two deaths in Auckland that happened within days of each other earlier this month.

Both people were self-isolating and living alone at the time of their death - one person in Mt Eden and the other in Manukau.

The review concluded: "The panel also considered both deaths were potentially preventable and there were missed opportunities contributing to the outcome."

Another day, another shooting thanks to the pro-criminal policies of Clueless Cindy.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...ts-of-shooting

Advanced Member

Another day, another shooting thanks to the pro-criminal policies of Clueless Cindy.

Looks like another Kangaroo house.

Poto's portfolios are always in the news.

She knows how to grab a headline, that girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Looks like another Kangaroo house.

Poto's portfolios are always in the news.

She knows how to grab a headline, that girl.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/glen-e...OMEH7XVYHY4JI/

One dead, two police officers injured.

To be expected when gangs & criminals know this government is on their side.

Remember this?

http://www.voxy.co.nz/politics/5/390320

Poto Williams does not trust police to be armed

She prefers criminals & gangs (especially Maori gangs) to be armed instead.
    Last edited by Balance; 29-11-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Advanced Member

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/glen-e...OMEH7XVYHY4JI/

One dead, two police officers injured.

To be expected when gangs & criminals know this government is on their side.

Remember this?

http://www.voxy.co.nz/politics/5/390320

Poto Williams does not trust police to be armed

She prefers criminals & gangs (especially Maori gangs) to be armed instead.
    Willie obviously said to puppet Jacinda at portfolio handout time;

"take Poto, or I will put your pot on"!

Dilettante

This has become beyond a joke and certainly way beyond what is acceptable. We also have another police officer in hospital after being run down by a getaway driver. The Police Minister and Commissioner should both resign and move aside for people that are more capable than they are.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This has become beyond a joke and certainly way beyond what is acceptable. We also have another police officer in hospital after being run down by a getaway driver. The Police Minister and Commissioner should both resign and move aside for people that are more capable than they are.
    Totally pure speculation, but an explosion, and a fire, and guns, have to wonder if the toaster blew up and set the curtain on fire. And no toast can certainly make some hangry.

Advanced Member

Adern has taken such flak from David Seymour & National (& Hoskings )who would have dismantled MIQ by now plus opened the border with Australia, just as the rest of the world are closing their borders & reintroducing quarantines in a race against time in response to the new variant Omicron.

How many more times can Seymour & National & Hoskings get it so wrong. Who's looking clueless once again.