sharetrader
Page 432 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442482532932 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 14308
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Adern has taken such flak from David Seymour & National (& Hoskings )who would have dismantled MIQ by now plus opened the border with Australia, just as the rest of the world are closing their borders & reintroducing quarantines in a race against time in response to the new variant Omicron.

How many more times can Seymour & National & Hoskings get it so wrong. Who's looking clueless once again.
    As far as I am aware not one of the above named suggested that when the borders are opened they will have to remain that way forever more, with no possibility of closing them again one day if circumstances change.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    As far as I am aware not one of the above named suggested that when the borders are opened they will have to remain that way forever more, with no possibility of closing them again one day if circumstances change.
    And if the short & sharp Jacinda had walked her talk, there would have already been an interim re opening of the economy.
    Last edited by Getty; 29-11-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Legend

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Can ya believe it?

We've already paid enough to have Orangutan and Kangaroo re branded, without all this Aotearoa nonsense.

Is this more of Poto's good work?
    Last edited by Getty; 29-11-2021 at 03:27 PM.

Adern has taken such flak from David Seymour & National (& Hoskings )who would have dismantled MIQ by now plus opened the border with Australia, just as the rest of the world are closing their borders & reintroducing quarantines in a race against time in response to the new variant Omicron.

How many more times can Seymour & National & Hoskings get it so wrong. Who's looking clueless once again.
    Desperation stuff from the indoctrinated devotee of Clueless Cindy to try & cover up her failure to contain & for the lack of preparedness for delta variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Can ya believe it?

We've already paid enough to have Orangutan and Kangaroo re branded, without all this Aotearoa nonsense.

Is this more of Poto's good work?
    $150,000 so gangs can remove NZ from their ugly tattoos to change to Aotearoa?

Definitely the work of the Maori cabal in Clueless Cindy's incompetent government.

Impossible to get a more pro-criminal government than Clueless Cindy’s.
    Last edited by Balance; 29-11-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Desperation stuff from the indoctrinated devotee of Clueless Cindy to try & cover up her failure to contain & for the lack of preparedness for delta variant.

Not at all, I agree there has been a huge shortcomings & failure to use the time we had to prepare, as per Sir Brian Roches damming report.
    Some discussion this at least partly down to systemic issues with the MoH, i.e. very conservative and bureaucratic (i.e. slow to respond/not agile enough ) & a stand alone Covid Agency needed, though Hipkins has so far resisted this.
    It's interesting the govt set up this Covid Advisory under Sir Brian Roche to critique & suggest improvements to its covid strategy, and is now acting on some of those recommendations.
    Probably didn't expect quite such a brutal assessment !

However, on another issue, Seymour & National continually get it wrong, which barely gets a mention, probably because they've been wrong so often, no one takes them seriously anyway.
    If we'd implemented half of what they've suggested, we'd be completely screwed to put it bluntly.

Dilettante

Not at all, I agree there has been a huge shortcomings & failure to use the time we had to prepare, as per Sir Brian Roches damming report.
    Some discussion this at least partly down to systemic issues with the MoH, i.e. very conservative and bureaucratic (i.e. slow to respond/not agile enough ) & a stand alone Covid Agency needed, though Hipkins has so far resisted this.
    It's interesting the govt set up this Covid Advisory under Sir Brian Roche to critique & suggest improvements to its covid strategy, and is now acting on some of those recommendations.
    Probably didn't expect quite such a brutal assessment !

However, on another issue, Seymour & National continually get it wrong, which barely gets a mention, probably because they've been wrong so often, no one takes them seriously anyway.
    If we'd implemented half of what they've suggested, we'd be completely screwed to put it bluntl
    y.
    I don't think it's been a very clever strategy to keep NZ closed for all this time, destroying whole industries like tourism & hospitality. We can not keep an economy or Government's books going by endlessly just printing money. Government has handed out over $6 BILLION dollars to businesses due to lockdowns and no end in sight.
    I spoke to a friend in Europe last week who is in the tourism industry and relies on international tourism. His country has never closed their borders, only some restrictions but fully open for fully vaxed since May. His summer season which is now finished, had 70% of the 2019 traffic/revenue which was general through the industry. Constant dribble of COVID infections but no big hospitalisation numbers nor deaths. Contrary to what we're constantly being told in NZ, not everyone in Europe is sick or dying.
    Last edited by iceman; 29-11-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Guru

If we'd implemented half of what they've suggested, we'd be completely screwed to put it bluntly.
    Yep we could do with a credible opposition.

Good point - and this is something we should never forget. It is just not enough to trash the government as long as there is no better alternative available.

I am sure it could have been done much better, but the mixture of Game of Throne players and clowns on the opposition banks didn't so far convey confidence that they have got what it needs to do it better.

But who knows - maybe Shane Reti will tomorrow take the leads, teach them to do the haka and turn them from a bunch of navel gazing and often clueless lone fighters into a clued up high performance team?

Go Shane ... we need a better opposition! New Zealand needs you!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)