sharetrader
Page 44 of 1429 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854941445441044 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I think many politicians are cynical. With Ardern I think she has cynically jettisoned her belief in a CGT in order to widen her electoral appeal. Why has she not withdrawn her support from Mallard? He has behaved horrendously by prejudging and unjustifiably besmirching. They are certainly not qualities befitting a Speaker of The House.
    We know politicians are generally cynical.

Difference with Cindy is that she professes to hold herself to a higher standard but has showed herself to be the grubbiest leader NZ has had yet.

CGT definitely but think also of David Clark, Lees Galloway, Ihumatao, $100m for maraes pre-election bribe, Pike River, housing crisis, child poverty, Trevor Mallard and above all, timing her wedding for maximum electoral benefit.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    No reasoned logic there.
    It's been spelt out in previous posts by myself and others. It would appear it is you who is happy to ignore the uncomfortable truth about Ardern.

Just to refresh your memory.

Ihumatao

Pike River

CTV Building

Trevor Mallard

Wage subsidy debacle....setting an expectation of businesses who followed the rules Cindy and her inept crew set, to pay it back. How about being competent in the first place?

Throwing Dr Bloomfield under the bus.

Getting to be quite a list aint it? I'm sure there's more that could be added.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...7JA3GHDX5CDZQ/

Paywalled

Excerpt : "Jacinda Ardern promised her government's "first priority" is "transparency". Never have we received better PR and less transparency."

Yup - BS, star-dust & cynical manipulation by Cindy & her team of incompetents. And a nation consisting principally of sheep responded as sheep do.

Excerpts :

"What did the Government not want us to know? Despite receiving a report on September 28, Chris Hipkins released it the Friday before Christmas. I googled the report and found out why. It is called the "Report of the Advisory Committee to oversee the implementation of the New Zealand Covid-19 Surveillance Plan and Testing Strategy". The report reveals our Covid testing plan was written by a veterinary epidemiologist. The plan was flawed. For eight months our borders were wide open."

"The report found that the Government did not have testing that was "fit for purpose" and the country needs a "more effective, coordinated and aligned approach" to "safeguarding our borders".

There is "poor communications both between and within, the Ministry of Health…a lack of appreciation of operational implications of directives; and poorly designed risk targeting of testing regimes, particularly at the border".

"It is clear to the Committee that reports of progress on issues did not always reflect concrete action on the ground." (We were lied to)."
    Last edited by Balance; 29-12-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...2QAJLJ4HM5N4E/
    Paywalled.
    It is interesting that Prebble (an ex Labourite) is quite negative whereas Hooton (a National man through and through) is quite positive (or at least realistic).
    Excerpt:
    "Still, to borrow from Napoleon, better we have a lucky Prime Minister than an unlucky one. And I can't get as worked up as Prebble about the three-month delay in the report's release. After 20 years of the old norms being eroded by Helen Clark, John Key and their protégées, a mere three-month cover-up of a report critical of a government's performance on its main re-election pitch is unsurprising."

Personally, I think the report writers have done a very good job and got to the crux of the issues. I can't help think of the TV series 'Yes Minister' when they talk of the issues getting the Health Ministry to do things.
    Now to make change! Won't be quick or pretty bring Health (Ministry to DHBs to PHPs) up to the 21st century and fit for purpose.

We were simply lucky - no thanks to the team of incompetents. Remember David Clark breaking the lockdown rules?

From the same article :

Luck played its part. Having not travelled overseas this year, we forget our 1000-mile moat is the biggest protecting any significant population in the world. We're nearly twice as far from Australia as Iceland from Scotland, and nearly 10 times as far as Taiwan from mainland China. In practice, our Covid border consists of only Auckland International Airport, the odd flight into Christchurch, and the container ports. If any country might achieve the idyllic scenario, you'd bet on us.

It turns out that Ardern swimming gracefully upon the swamp disguised a complete shambles underneath. If the Prime Minister herself did not lie to us, then those who she relied on may have misrepresented information to her, with "reports of progress … not always reflect[ing] concrete action on the ground", Simpson and Roche assert.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It turns out that Ardern swimming gracefully upon the swamp disguised a complete shambles underneath. If the Prime Minister herself did not lie to us, then those who she relied on may have misrepresented information to her, with "reports of progress … not always reflect[ing] concrete action on the ground", Simpson and Roche assert.
    I did like that bit - Hooton does write well.

I did like that bit - Hooton does write well.
    NZ got lucky - no thanks to Cynical Cindy & her team of incompetents, and now we realise her team too of cover up artists.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    NZ got lucky - no thanks to Cynical Cindy & her team of incompetents, and now we realise her team too of cover up artists.
    You keep saying that - back into your cracked record routine.
    Luck did have a bit to do with it but it isn't the whole story - but I don't expect you to see it.
    Lucky we weren't being run by Simon and his mob!
    Have a Happy New Year - if that is possible for you.

Dilettante

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...2QAJLJ4HM5N4E/
    Paywalled.
    It is interesting that Prebble (an ex Labourite) is quite negative whereas Hooton (a National man through and through) is quite positive (or at least realistic).
    Excerpt:
    "Still, to borrow from Napoleon, better we have a lucky Prime Minister than an unlucky one. And I can't get as worked up as Prebble about the three-month delay in the report's release. After 20 years of the old norms being eroded by Helen Clark, John Key and their protégées, a mere three-month cover-up of a report critical of a government's performance on its main re-election pitch is unsurprising."

Personally, I think the report writers have done a very good job and got to the crux of the issues. I can't help think of the TV series 'Yes Minister' when they talk of the issues getting the Health Ministry to do things.
    Now to make change! Won't be quick or pretty bring Health (Ministry to DHBs to PHPs) up to the 21st century and fit for purpose.
    Now we know what Prebble and Hooton think. Do you think it was an open and honest Government that sat on this report on the most important issue facing NZ this year and which has resulted in extraordinary measures by the Government ? Did the PM not say this was a "COVID election" but decided not to give us this very valuable information !!

Or have you just accepted that the PM and her Ministers just blatantly lie to us about absolutely everything ?

Advanced Member

To be fair, iceman, the Prime Minister hasn't mentioned 'most open and transparent' for a few years now.