sharetrader
Page 459 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469509559959 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 14308

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And on cue, out comes the lying & shameless Labour Party shill.

Spare us your lies in 2022.

Where’s your link that Luxon paid no tax?

And who created Whanau Ora to attract Maori votes?
    Quite sad post - and this has nothing to do with the political views of Panda ... its all about you.

Are you still able to see the irony and the hypocrisy in your personal attack on him?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Quite sad post - and this has nothing to do with the political views of Panda ... its all about you.

Are you still able to see the irony and the hypocrisy in your personal attack on him?
    You suffer fools and liars?

I don’t but you are most welcome to.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Some reports claim the Pope recently declared there is no such place or thing as hell. In the most unlikely event I have some sort of religous conversion, I'm joining his mob.

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/30/171799...alfari-italian
    Would Earth be in the running?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E...ushfire_season
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 02-01-2022 at 01:41 AM.

Dilettante

Now professors Hendy & Wiles, the outspoken and social media addicted duo, has taken their employer Auckland University to court demanding better personal protection due to threats they’ve received (unjustifiable to level threats at people).
    Auckland Uni suggest they limit their comments and social media exposure as it isn’t required from their employer. But in their submission the professors say they’ve been requested to provide public feedback by the PM’s office.
    So the PM is now picking academics to suit her agenda and asks them to keep the propaganda going. They are now highly political and have lost all credibility as academics. They should be on the PM’s payroll.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    They are now highly political and have lost all credibility as academics.

Better to have Boris johnsons health minister or scott morrison fronting rather than experts?

Hmmm how did that turn out.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Better to have Boris johnsons health minister or scott morrison fronting rather than experts?

Hmmm how did that turn out.
    You completely missed the point.
    Anyway, not exactly like NZ politicians haven’t been fronting with their near daily sermons from the pulpit of truth

... They are now highly political and have lost all credibility as academics. ...
    Do you have any evidence for this statement?

Just kidding.

You know yourself that above is at best your personal view .... and this would be sad.

While some people might disagree with their opinions and recommendations and while no doubt some people would prefer a less or a more cautious approach, I can't remember any of these two stating incorrect facts.

Would you like to enlarge on why you personally think they lost all academical credibility?

Maybe its not the two professors who lost their credibility?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 04-01-2022 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spelling / finger trouble
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Now professors Hendy & Wiles, the outspoken and social media addicted duo, has taken their employer Auckland University to court demanding better personal protection due to threats they’ve received (unjustifiable to level threats at people).
    Auckland Uni suggest they limit their comments and social media exposure as it isn’t required from their employer. But in their submission the professors say they’ve been requested to provide public feedback by the PM’s office.
    So the PM is now picking academics to suit her agenda and asks them to keep the propaganda going. They are now highly political and have lost all credibility as academics. They should be on the PM’s payroll.
    AU shouldn't pick up the security tab for any requests emanating from government. It sounds like they should be on the PM's Office payroll too.

Dilettante

Just kidding.

You know yourself that above is at best your personal view .... and this would be said.

While some people might disagree with their opinions and recommendations and while no doubt smome people would prefer a less or a more cautious approach, I can't remember any of these two stating incorrect facts.

Would you like to enlarge on why you personally think they lost all academical credibility?

Maybe its not the two professors who lost their credibility?
    Personally I think Hendy lost all credibility a long time ago with all his alarmist predictions, hardly any that have been close to the mark and receiving many millions of dollars from Government to his private business for his endless "work" for them.
    Like mid November 21 when he predicted 300 daily cases about to hit, the huge numbers of deaths he has forecasted and on and on it goes. I'm not going to search for numerous links. My internet is far too slow for that. Of course you are correct, when I post and say what I think, it is my personal opinion, just like you and everyone else.

Wiles lost credibility when she was busy on her social media telling everyone to follow the rules but then go to the beach with a friend herself during lockdown, in a clear breach of the rules.

It is also my view that an academic employed and who's salary is paid by Auckland University should not be taking orders from the PM's office and ignoring their employer's request to reduce the commentary, which is not part of their job description. But maybe you think this is OK. I don't. They should both be on the PM's payroll if they're taking instructions from there. I'd have no problem with it if their employer was the PM's office.

Not so long ago we had a few scientists and academics sign a letter objecting to maori tales being given equal standing to conventional science teachings in our schools. Most of them were shut up, demoted or moved on. The Government obviously didn't like it. Another example of Government deciding which academics & scientists should be allowed to speak up.

Legend

Just kidding.

You know yourself that above is at best your personal view .... and this would be said.

While some people might disagree with their opinions and recommendations and while no doubt smome people would prefer a less or a more cautious approach, I can't remember any of these two stating incorrect facts.
    Of course not. There is no such thing.