sharetrader
Page 472 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482522572972 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 14320

Apparently coverage of Waitangi Day events at Waitangion TV is pretty special this year

Even the Navy was there last week as part of the filming ,..along with the PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Do you think the Government is "dealing with it" ? Or just delaying the inevitable at a huge toll for tens of thousands of people and businesses ?
    They have had to deal with it, even if they have made a bad job of doing so and squandered any extra time NZ had before Omicron seeped through the border. They have to try to delay the inevitable because of the poor capacity of health services, and lack of booster and testing preparedness. National on the other hand have been able to luxuriate in soul-searching and in-fighting.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 24-01-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    The National Party just elect a new leader to create a disaster...no need for them to have to deal with the real World and Covid variants.
    I suppose standing outside random Auckland cafes is what counts for opposition.

It's an improvement over 6 months ago though.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Can’t have Cindy’s ‘go to reporter’ Tova be subjected to a commercially agreed and contracted restraint of trade for 3 months so Labour wants to get the law changed.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/127...alling-for-ban

Shows how top of mind & critical friendly reporters are to the spin mistress and her team of nincompoops.
    https://nopunchespulled.com/2022/01/...ock/#more-3250

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Do you think the Government is "dealing with it" ? Or just delaying the inevitable at a huge toll for tens of thousands of people and businesses ?
    I think the Government is dealing with it very well. They are learning from other countries how to handle omicron, which is an advantage for NZ. I listened to Ardern on Sunday and was impressed with how she is handling it.

The Government made a big change on Sunday and NZ will now have to learn to live with virus.

You have been wanting the Government to end restrictions and now they are moving in that direction. At the same time, they are making sure the health system is not overloaded, and that supply chains are maintained ie supermarkets are stocked. They will impose more restrictions if that happens.

It is a huge culture change for NZ and some people will be slow to adapt. Just as some people have been slow to take up the vaccine, or boosters. Elimination was a successful strategy for a while and now it is time to move on to. With omicron in the community, we just have to learn to live with it which may cost hundreds or even thousands of deaths.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/a-big-cul...w-zealands-way

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Can’t have Cindy’s ‘go to reporter’ Tova be subjected to a commercially agreed and contracted restraint of trade for 3 months so Labour wants to get the law changed.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/127...alling-for-ban

Shows how top of mind & critical friendly reporters are to the spin mistress and her team of nincompoops.

These draconian awful Restraint of Trade clauses which were introduced by National's Bill Birch if I remember correctly, are an impediment to general productivity.
    People become stuck in jobs, stagnating when they have outgrown the positions they hold & want to move on.
    By preventing them from earning a living for several months, they reduce the natural competition between potential employers to get the best employee possible, & allowing talent to continually rise.
    While there may be a few justifiable cases, the broad brush law captured everyone, even lowly paid workers.
    Just as competition between employees for the best jobs is a good thing, competition between employers for the best employees is a good thing and impediments or hurdles reduce productivity in the economy.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Ok, so why does it take this case impacting the smug and poisonous 'Tova O'Brien' before the PTB take a look at the law? The plebs have been stuffed by it for ages, now Princess Tova kicks up bobsy-die about it so action is taken(?) Not a good look in my view, I see she has very little support amongst the public judging from the on-line comments I've viewed but then I guess it's one rule for the elites, and another for 'the ordinaries'.
    I simply cannot fathom how somebody who is obviously not completely stupid, can willingly enter an agreement - then try and get the rules changed. It's ridiclous.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I simply cannot fathom how somebody who is obviously not completely stupid, can willingly enter an agreement - then try and get the rules changed. It's ridiclous.
    The key word there is "willingly". Employment Law recognises there is almost always an imbalance of power between the employer and the employee. From the Employment Relations Authority to the Employment Court and all the way up it is recognised that the choices available to workers are constrained, and that it is a legitimate function of the ERA sitting in "equity and good conscience" to determine what is "fair and reasonable"in considering whether contractual terms are enforceable. The ERA does that routinely.

You may have a moral problem when people try to overturn contracts. I don't - particularly when there is an imbalance of power involved as in an IEA.

Over the last twenty years I have advised literally hundreds of workers who signed IEAs without advice and who had only the vaguest idea of many of the provisions in a multipage boilerplated agreement.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    The key word there is "willingly". Employment Law recognises there is almost always an imbalance of power between the employer and the employee. From the Employment Relations Authority to the Employment Court and all the way up it is recognised that the choices available to workers are constrained, and that it is a legitimate function of the ERA sitting in "equity and good conscience" to determine what is "fair and reasonable"in considering whether contractual terms are enforceable. The ERA does that routinely.

You may have a moral problem when people try to overturn contracts. I don't - particularly when there is an imbalance of power involved as in an IEA.
    I certainly do. It's despicable behaviour to agree to something that binds another party and then turning against them. If there is an imbalance of power that prevents a satisfactory deal - walk away. It's not compulsory to deal.
    Bash out the terms first. If you agree then sign the agreement. If not - forget it. Be a man, not a wimpy little twit.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 24-01-2022 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    For a start I didn't really defend - just pointed out a few facts (you are correct that I don't know, any more than you, what is going on here but I don't jump to conclusions).
    "Why hasn't the Govt disputed these facts?" - they don't play that game, and which facts are you talking about?
    The only ones given are that the person has the accident on Tuesday and appears to have applied for an emergency MIQ spot.
    There are no other facts given.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/heal...-shattered-arm

Hey dobby41, here is an update of that storey you said was probably just another beat up on this poor government. "nothing to see here", no facts you said.

BE KIND....

There is a cult that believes in magic glasses and underpants, heard of it?
    Last edited by BDL; 24-01-2022 at 01:44 PM.