sharetrader
Page 480 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530580980 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 14308

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Well that's very clever, but doesn't address my point. So (in the hope that you will be willing to actually engage) let me restate it as best I can.

I have spent the last 50 years as a psychotherapist and employment advocate, dealing latterly with Family Violence and workplace bullying, and involved in the menz movement.

I have found that the majority of the people I have met hold other people to a higher moral standard and judge them more harshly than they judge themselves. I have observed that this is especially true of people who hold their own moral views particularly rigidly.

I was inviting you to examine your own beliefs and behavior.
    I disagree that the majority of people hold other people to a higher moral standard and judge them more harshly than the judge themselves. On the surface they appear to do this, but if you look deeper judging other people’s moral failings is usually projection when people deny their own dark side and project it onto others. You will probably find that people who have rigid moral views have a lot of self-hatred.

Shaming people is a common practice in society. As a child I was called stupid, useless and given other negative labels. I wasn’t stupid but my behaviour may have been stupid. Often self-hatred is called low self-esteem or feeling insecure. But when I don’t meet my expectations, in other words when I don’t measure up, or when I’m not good enough then I have feelings of self-hatred. I get angry and I may blame other people and get angry at them, but if I am honest, I am angry at myself for not being “perfect.”

A person with genuine high self-esteem does not shame and judge other people’s moral failings. They accept that the person was doing their best at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    I disagree that the majority of people hold other people to a higher moral standard and judge them more harshly than the judge themselves. On the surface they appear to do this, but if you look deeper judging other people’s moral failings is usually projection when people deny their own dark side and project it onto others. You will probably find that people who have rigid moral views have a lot of self-hatred.

Shaming people is a common practice in society. As a child I was called stupid, useless and given other negative labels. I wasn’t stupid but my behaviour may have been stupid. Often self-hatred is called low self-esteem or feeling insecure. But when I don’t meet my expectations, in other words when I don’t measure up, or when I’m not good enough then I have feelings of self-hatred. I get angry and I may blame other people and get angry at them, but if I am honest, I am angry at myself for not being “perfect.”

A person with genuine high self-esteem does not shame and judge other people’s moral failings. They accept that the person was doing their best at the time.
    We are in agreement - mostly. But your explanation dives into "what is really going on" and that is ultimately unknowable in any particular case.
    For myself - I have wrestled with my own internal processes all my adult life (latterly with more success).

Usually I can accept that everyone is doing their best with what they know and feel (even me), but most people I observe make excuses for themselves and judge other people at least some of the time, and I continue to catch myself doing just that more often than makes me comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    We are in agreement - mostly. But your explanation dives into "what is really going on" and that is ultimately unknowable in any particular case.
    For myself - I have wrestled with my own internal processes all my adult life (latterly with more success).

Usually I can accept that everyone is doing their best with what they know and feel (even me), but most people I observe make excuses for themselves and judge other people at least some of the time, and I continue to catch myself doing just that more often than makes me comfortable.
    You are writing about yourself - so keep it at that.

Meanwhile, in the fantasy world that Clueless Cindy, her supporters & you live in :

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    It already has ended well, low unemployment and life savings protected.

Supply chain issues being resolved will help bring down the inflation.
    If there is low or full employment as claimed, why would there be poverty out there?

Keep your lies & Cindy's spins & BS to yourself.

Last edited by Balance; 26-01-2022 at 05:55 PM.

Guru

Labour fast-tracking about 150,000 people into residency to try to keep the housing market propped up.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...cy-scheme.html

Thousands become New Zealand residents under new fast-track skilled migrant residency scheme

By Gill Bonnett, 26/01/2022

About 5000 people have become residents under a fast-track government scheme launched last month, with migrants from India, South Africa, and Philippines topping the approvals.

Almost 30,000 people have so far applied for the one-off residence visa, and up to 165,000 may be eligible by the end of the year.

Migrants are eligible if they are settled (three years-plus in New Zealand including a minimum number of days), a skilled worker (based on wages) or scarce (in short supply).

Immigration statistics show migrants from India topped the approvals in the scheme's first month, followed by South Africa, Philippines, UK, and Sri Lanka. One in five applications was rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ten View Post
    Ayesha gives me very little confidence these monkeys are capable of anything other than picking fleas off each other and eating them.
    Using the word monkey is an intentional racial slur. It comes from a belief that brown people are lesser, sub-human, not fully evolved, savages, animals. And it is not okay, and it is not true. It is misinformation.

Using the word monkey is an intentional racial slur. It comes from a belief that brown people are lesser, sub-human, not fully evolved, savages, animals. And it is not okay, and it is not true. It is misinformation.
    \

Actually, referring to the nincompoops in government as monkeys is an insult to monkeys as monkeys are intelligent animals, compared to the drongos in Cindy's cabinet.
    Last edited by Balance; 26-01-2022 at 09:00 PM.

You're a monkey too, given, like monkeys, you lack basic English comprehension skills.

Reference was to "these monkeys" - i.e. the Labour party, which includes monkeys of all races.

Legend

I am at a complete loss to see how you consider Sir Ten's comments as racial in any way. Perhaps your race-obsessed, sub-concious mind automatically sees 'monkey' as an inferior brown person. Is this a case of the kettle calling the tea-pot black?
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 26-01-2022 at 09:00 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I am at a complete loss to see how you consider Sir Ten's comments as racial in any way. Perhaps your race-obsessed, sub-concious mind automatically sees 'monkey' as an inferior brown person. Is this a case of the kettle calling the tea-pot black?
    I see your dog whistle about the black tea-pot. Incipient racism everywhere. There are no grey areas anymore, we have to see everything in mauve and white.