sharetrader
Page 568 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 684685185585645655665675685695705715725786186681068 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 14320
    Guru

Not even needed , 65 seats is a huge majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    The same diversity in both thought and representation as in the national caucus, esp since the moderates are gone.

The same crap policies only 6 different leaders.
    Clark, Goff, Shearer, Cuniffe, Little and Cindy - yup, same crap policies with 6 leaders.

Huge promises and zero delivery.

Plenty of racist & divisive policies being pushed though by stealth and devious means.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Huge promises and zero delivery.
    The delivery will be on Apr 1 when many NZers get a pay rise (and business one year free of not paying enough compensation to their workers).
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 30-03-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    This thread seems to have taken a turn for the worse lately and is full of utter claptrap from some very misogynistic people.
    Take a break people until you can post something sensible and useful.

Agreed! I have been thoroughly sickened by the level of vile twisted mysoginist & racist comments on here recently.

I cannot believe ST will continue to knowingly act as a platform for & therefore be culpable in normalising such hateful content.

Obviously there are some on here who have very unhealthy relationships with women if at all, & a sick, distorted, obsessive view of Maori.

I don't expect those responsible have any self awareness of just how vile & hateful their comments are to the rest of us.
    It brings to mind that tragic bunch of bitter, mixed up, lost, white men getting together in the barn in the South Island spewing racist mysoginist awfulness, white supremacists mixed up with women haters & neo Nazis.

It is very noticeable how many posters have withdrawn from this thread.

This is a thread about Labour govt, highly offensive racist mysoginist rubbish doesn't belong on ST. & those responsible need a bit more self awareness.

Maori are generally behind the rest of the population in just about every measure, health, education, income, over incarceration, etc & nothing being proposed will take anything away from the rest of us, they are simply about trying to help raise achievable outcomes for Maori in all areas which helps all of us as a country.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Agreed! I have been thoroughly sickened by the level of vile twisted mysoginist & racist comments on here recently.

I cannot believe ST will continue to knowingly act as a platform for & therefore be culpable in normalising such hateful content.

Obviously there are some on here who have very unhealthy relationships with women if at all, & a sick, distorted, obsessive view of Maori.

I don't expect those responsible have any self awareness of just how vile & hateful their comments are to the rest of us.
    It brings to mind that tragic bunch of bitter, mixed up, lost, white men getting together in the barn in the South Island spewing racist mysoginist awfulness, white supremacists mixed up with women haters & neo Nazis.

It is very noticeable how many posters have withdrawn from this thread.

This is a thread about Labour govt, highly offensive racist mysoginist rubbish doesn't belong on ST. & those responsible need a bit more self awareness.

Maori are generally behind the rest of the population in just about every measure, health, education, income, over incarceration, etc & nothing being proposed will take anything away from the rest of us, they are simply about trying to help raise achievable outcomes for Maori in all areas which helps all of us as a country.
    The biggest thing Maori could do to help themselves is to give up the victim mentality, many of us grew up in "Once were Warrrior" type homes and lived in poverty but we didn't stay there or use it as an excuse to commit crime (I did spend 1 night in jail as a youth though) None of my siblings have become benefit dependent or career criminals/gang members although we have faced immense odds at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    The Labour party wasn't very kind to Loiisa Wall, so she's jumping ship.
    Yes, a big loss in my opinion.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/labour-mp-louisa-wall-resigns-after-14-years-in-parliament/SK6MRV6VV7GKROYDFDYNEGQTYQ/

14 years as an MP. The list MP based in South Auckland won marriage equality for same-sex couples.
    Wall was first elected in 2008 on her party's list, and held the Manurewa seat from 2011 to 2020.
    Wall said she'd stay involved with indigenous rights, human rights, equality and the rights of women and the LGBTQI+ community.
    "Her commitment to human rights and equality has been absolutely unwavering. She has been relentless in her pursuit of human rights for all," Ardern said.

Kind words from Chris Bishop.

“Very sad to see Louisa Wall MP announce her resignation from Parliament. Louisa achieved more as a MP than almost all Ministers from the party she is a member of. I admire her spirit, her enthusiasm and her passion. I will miss her and I think the Parliament will too.”

https://twitter.com/cjsbishop/status...DFDYNEGQTYQ%2F

Quote Originally Posted by BDL View Post
    [Betcha more wahine have taken a moko this century than last.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDL View Post
    And everything you don't agree with is racist, so just take you with a grain of salt, or Puha, if you prefer?
    That's not right. I don't agree with the things at least half the posters on this thread say, but I don't call them racist unless they are - and quite often not then because I am reluctant to feed posters I regard as trolls.

It is not racist to dislike taha moko. It is not racist to believe Maori would be better off without this particular part of their culture. It is racist to imply a connection between moko and being a WINZ beneficiary.

I don't know how to research it empirically, and I doubt you will be convinced no matter what I say - but betcha moko kauae are Negatively correlated with beneficiary status.

Last century, I was a senior manager with WINZ. Moko were uncommon. But beneficiaries who were encouraged and supported to embrace and celebrate their culture became self supporting lots faster than those who didn't.

In this century, moko kauae are much more common that they used to be. It is the wahine who are in touch with their culture and standing proud in it who are most likely to have them. They are unlikely to be beneficiaries.
    Last edited by davflaws; 29-03-2022 at 11:30 PM.

Advanced Member

Moral of the story, if you are Maori, and want to be successful, go and get some face paint.
    Hmm.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    That's not right. I don't agree with the things at least half the posters on this thread say, but I don't call them racist unless they are - and quite often not then because I am reluctant to feed posters I regard as trolls.

It is not racist to dislike taha moko. It is not racist to believe Maori would be better off without this particular part of their culture. It is racist to imply a connection between moko and being a WINZ beneficiary.

I don't know how to research it empirically, and I doubt you will be convinced no matter what I say - but betcha moko kauae are Negatively correlated with beneficiary status.

As are heavily, or visibly tattoed non-maoris. Common sense should tell you they have made themselves less attractive to employers. It is blind to NOT see a connection between facial adornments of any kind, and unemployment.
    It certainly isn't racist.
    Similarly many employers will have a 'dress-code', known only to themselves, but we all make judgements on what we see.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 30-03-2022 at 08:42 AM.