sharetrader
Page 582 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 824825325725785795805815825835845855865926326821082 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 14320
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Calling the government incompetent is about just focusing on the problemand never getting to a serious discussion about the solutions, and how to achieve them.
    He reported a "perception of incompetence", that's is not calling the government incompetent. Some people will agree with him because they have that perception, others will disagree.

Apparently you agree there is a problem, with government incompetence. Thus you must have the perception that they are incompetent.

Perceived or not, there is ample evidence that the government lacks competence, whether or not one is focused on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    He reported a "perception of incompetence", that's is not calling the government incompetent. Some people will agree with him because they have that perception, others will disagree.

Apparently you agree there is a problem, with government incompetence. Thus you must have the perception that they are incompetent.

Perceived or not, there is ample evidence that the government lacks competence, whether or not one is focused on it.
    Just start with Kiwibuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

You are incorrect I do not agree there is a problem with government incompetence. I am surprised that you interpreted my post that way.
    For me the problem is the frequent calling or labelling of the government as incompetent, and that was what my post was about.

I do not have the perception that the government is incompetent, or less competent than any other government. I think they are competent and that they make mistakes, but overall they do a good job in a very difficult situation.

I see a new thread has been started with the heading The Hypocrisy, Misdeeds & Incompetence of Adern’s Government. That is calling the government incompetent. And if you repeat something often enough it becomes the truth, and that is propaganda.

Guru

You are incorrect I do not agree there is a problem with government incompetence. I am surprised that you interpreted my post that way.
    For me the problem is the frequent calling or labelling of the government as incompetent, and that was what my post was about.

I do not have the perception that the government is incompetent, or less competent than any other government. I think they are competent and that they make mistakes, but overall they do a good job in a very difficult situation.

I see a new thread has been started with the heading The Hypocrisy, Misdeeds & Incompetence of Adern’s Government. That is calling the government incompetent. And if you repeat something often enough it becomes the truth, and that is propaganda.

moka everyone I meet comment on the incompetence of the current government. None, that I know of, read these pages.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    moka everyone I meet comment on the incompetence of the current government. None, that I know of, read these pages.
    That is my experience as well, not a single person holds this government in any regard. Even though some attribute credit to the Prime Minister for her handling of the Kaikoura earthquake, the terrorism of the Muslims and the 2020 phases of Covid, their disdain is mostly towards the government which has achieved very little of what they promised, but worse is all the broken promises. Adern is not the government, though she is the leader of it.

And @moka, if you don't wish to be misunderstood then consider your sentence construction. There is no doubt that as you phrased it, you acknowledged the government problem of incompetence. "Calling the government incompetent is about just focusing on the problem. .. my emphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Re your comment "none read these pages" in my post I did say “It is a disturbing world-wide trend to label governments as incompetent.”

Many Herald articles allude directly or indirectly to the incompetence of the government, and in the comments section many but not all talk about government incompetence. And those who comment negatively seem to be a particular demographic, mostly male with similar political views – sometimes identifying as National or ACT supporters. You have to subscribe to the Herald to comment, so it is not representative of NZ.

So many articles in the Herald are opinion pieces about government decisions rather than reporting the actual news. I found this out today when I searched for what Louisa Wall actually said. This Herald opinion piece doesn’t give me her actual words so I can decide for myself.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/louisa...GHJD3CDK6FSRY/
    Louisa Wall quits politics: Political Roundup – Did she get a fair deal from Labour and Jacinda Ardern?

But this article reported what she actually said.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/04/09/l...ur-leadership/
    Wall has always been on the outside of the Ardern-led Labour Party.
    “That really for me can be the only explanation, that there are teams within teams and I wasn't on the team that they ultimately decided would be the ones who sat around the cabinet table,” said Wall.
    Wall believed she wasn’t backed by the party leadership at the time of her advocacy for marriage equality. “I was told by the chief of staff at the time that if I didn't do things the way that they wanted to do, then I was on my own.

Dilettante

moka, Wall has been in several interviews. She has been very damning in her criticism of the PM and senior leadership of Labour's caucus. You can search all the articles you like until you find one to suits your line of thought. That's fine. It doesn't change the fact that she feels badly treated by the PM and her henchmen. It is a fact that she would never have gotten her famous Marriage Equality bill over the line without John Key deciding she deserved his support, after Labour leadership did not support her. Quite ironic for the party that talks much about inclusiveness, diversity and kindness, yet display none of it in their actions. Full of hot air they are.

Guru

They have stuck with one leader, surely that is competence.

National, the UK and Australia have failed that rather basic test.

Guru

An example of media bias a month before an election.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/

Here in contrast we've all heard about miq failures, covid testing etc etc.

But this article reported what she actually said.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/04/09/l...ur-leadership/
    Wall has always been on the outside of the Ardern-led Labour Party.
    “That really for me can be the only explanation, that there are teams within teams and I wasn't on the team that they ultimately decided would be the ones who sat around the cabinet table,” said Wall.
    Wall believed she wasn’t backed by the party leadership at the time of her advocacy for marriage equality. “I was told by the chief of staff at the time that if I didn't do things the way that they wanted to do, then I was on my own.
    And this is also exactly what Wall said :

https://thespinoff.co.nz/live-update...-in-her-caucus

"The Prime Minister told me I would never be in her Cabinet. It wasn't just that she didn't want me in her Cabinet, she was obviously very clear she didn't want me in her caucus."

And noteworthy that Adern will not be at her valedictory speech on Thursday - with a lame excuse!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...dictory-speech

"Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern​ has denied she has a strained relationship with outgoing Labour MP Louisa Wall.

But she will not attend Wall’s valedictory speech on Thursday, saying she has travel plans which she won't change."

Fireworks on Thursday?