sharetrader
Page 592 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 924925425825885895905915925935945955966026426921092 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,920 of 14320

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I don't know why anyone thought it was a good idea to get Government bureaucrats to design such a wide ranging system. That's where the mistake was originally made and it turned into a full blown disaster on every front.
    Yup - a system where a foreign DJ can get into NZ 3 times but a pregnant NZer cannot get back to give birth at home.

Transparent & accountable - that was the huge promise made by Ardern to get elected.

Well, history will record that her administration is the least transparent and most obstructive (to the truth) government NZ has ever had.

Here's Sir Ian Taylor's (a self confessed previous admirer of Ardern) summation of just how bad Ardern is:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...RKGX5AFDYW2QQ/

Excerpts (paywalled article) :

"On October 17, 2020, I had no doubt that I had done the right thing when I cast my vote for Jacinda Ardern and the Labour party. I also believed that this Government would live up its promise that it would be the most transparent government we had ever had."

"It appeared, at least from the outside, that the Government had not taken any advantage of the extraordinary opportunity we had created with our united approach to the first lockdown.

The level 4 lockdown that was imposed on the country, within 12 hours of the latest community case being identified, was exactly the same as the lockdown we had navigated as the team of five million a year and a half earlier. It was as though we had learned nothing from the initial sacrifices we had all willingly made back then."

"I realised that there had been a cost for that landslide victory back in 2020. The promise of transparency had gone. I should have seen it earlier.

The decision to shut down the multi-party advisory group that could ask questions around decisions being made by Cabinet.

The failure to take advice from the Independent Advisory Group headed by Sir Brian Roche to set up a stand-alone agency to take over from the Ministry of Health to manage our response to the pandemic.

And, arguably the most subtle shift of them all, the power handed to unelected officials in the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC) to manage all the messaging coming out of the Government. A role which also appears to include the blocking of information being sought by those looking for answers."
    Last edited by Balance; 21-04-2022 at 10:36 AM.

Ardern is willing to send this New Zealand resident to his death.....

"Be kind"

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...-to-china.html

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BDL View Post

"Be kind"

Has anyone bothered asking Yup Kim what he wants?

Guru

"Be kind"

You seem to have decided what the outcome is.
    At the moment she isn't sending anyone anywhere.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Has anyone bothered asking Yup Kim what he wants?
    Since he's fighting his extradition I think we can assume what he wants - can't we?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Since he's fighting his extradition I think we can assume what he wants - can't we?
    You might. I wouldn't. We are told about 'govts. around the world', and his lawyers crusade, but that may not be what he wants.

"Be kind"

Now, now - she has been kind indeed when she wants to.

Like the DJ (mate of Gayford) who entered NZ 3 times but pregnant women could not.

Then, there's the generous funding of gangs like the $3m to the Mongrel Mob so they learn how to peddle drugs more effectively.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Now, now - she has been kind indeed when she wants to.
    Typical of you to assume an outcome that hasn't happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Typical of you to assume an outcome that hasn't happened yet.
    Not hard to figure Ardern & her kind(ness) out, dobby41.

She is so kind that she allows gangs & criminals to create havoc & terrorise law abiding tenants and citizens at state housing estates since she took office.

So kind she generously offers to relocate the terrorised law abiding citizens rather than take action against the gangs and criminals.

So kind too she gave Māoris $120m to fix maraes & create 3,000 jobs. 150 jobs were created the last time there was a count!

Generous to allocate $200m+ so that Maoris & Islanders get $150 each to get vaccinated.

Generously gave $2.7m to the Mongrel Mob so they learn how to peddle drugs more effectively.

But this must be stated for the record - not generous enough to give Plunket $500,000 to keep services going.

Would you like more examples?
    Last edited by Balance; 23-04-2022 at 04:33 PM.