sharetrader
Page 6 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 234567891016561065061006 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    I see you edited your post which is very insulting. Do you have any facts that support your claim that she is lazy or is just based on her appearance?
    Quite right Moka. His original description was much less insulting, and far more accurate when he called her 'a lazy cow'. Beats me why he changed it.

Legend

Newly appointed minister hits the world stage via CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/02/a...hnk/index.html

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Agreed.

The foreign affairs minister presents a face & image of NZ to the world. ...
    The appointment underlines a visual determination to step out from the shadow of post-colonialism. Removal of the union flag and a post-Elizabethan republic next?

Maybe it will take the attention away from the fact that they have left taxation reform in the too hard bin.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 03-11-2020 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    The appointment underlines a visual determination to step out from the shadow of post-colonialism. Removal of the union flag and a post-Elizabethan republic next?

Maybe it will take the attention away from the fact that they have left taxation reform in the too hard bin.
    Good points, Bjauck.

The cabinet is certainly more representative of the NZ of today and it is a good thing to move the country towards a republic. Question is - have the right people been picked for the ministerial positions or is it diversity for its own sake?

Not just taxation return but notice how quiet Cindy has been about the housing market amd how prices there are galloping way out of reach of the average family & first home buyers?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Not just taxation return but notice how quiet Cindy has been about the housing market amd how prices there are galloping way out of reach of the average family & first home buyers?
    Taxation reform and housing affordability, if not supply, have links..

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    I don’t see it as undermining, that wording puts a negative slant on the decision. It shows the PM can be flexible and adapt when the situation changes. Rules are not fixed in concrete. Great of Kelvin Davis to acknowledge that the job of Deputy PM could be done better by someone else, rather than being on an ego trip and staying in the position. It’s a bit like when Andrew Little stepped aside as PM for Jacinda and that has worked out well. It would be good if Sir Tim Shadbolt also saw the light and realised someone else could do his job better, and moved on -“Let’s keep moving.”
    moka she has admitted Davis told her BEFORE the election that he did not want to be Deputy PM. He has never changed this view. Why was she telling media last week that the Deputy Leader of the Labour Party would be the Deputy PM ? That is a straight out lie, like her pre-election rubbishing of National's plans for a "COVID ministry" that she has now implemented and her rubbishing of National's plan to offer state houses for sale to tenants, something she has been doing secretly for the last 3 years. She simply just continuously lies to us and gets away with.

Apart from Mahuta, Clark and Twyford, I think the PM has come up with a reasonably strong team and I am very pleased she has given infrastructure to Robertson. We may finally see something happen in that field after the disaster 3 years under Twyford.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    moka she has admitted Davis told her BEFORE the election that he did not want to be Deputy PM. He has never changed this view. Why was she telling media last week that the Deputy Leader of the Labour Party would be the Deputy PM ? That is a straight out lie, like her pre-election rubbishing of National's plans for a "COVID ministry" that she has now implemented and her rubbishing of National's plan to offer state houses for sale to tenants, something she has been doing secretly for the last 3 years. She simply just continuously lies to us and gets away with.

Apart from Mahuta, Clark and Twyford, I think the PM has come up with a reasonably strong team and I am very pleased she has given infrastructure to Robertson. We may finally see something happen in that field after the disaster 3 years under Twyford.
    Mahuta is actually one of the brighter ones. But Twyford and Clark are certainly out of their depth.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Mahuta is actually one of the brighter ones. But Twyford and Clark are certainly out of their depth.
    Have some personal experiences with her whanau many years ago. Not impressed with the work ethic.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Have some personal experiences with her whanau many years ago. Not impressed with the work ethic.
    You're surely not suggesting Jacinda is scraping the bottom of her talent barrel? Or is it just a bit of token racial balance? Surely not! I'll stick to my claim that she is one of the brighter Labour MPs. Take that however you see it!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Labour has had the Maori seats for most of the last 90 years. Do you reckon they have delivered for Maori?
    I'm surprised no one has has commented on this. Certainly wouldn't expect Labourites to give it any airtime, they've played Maori for suckers for nearly a century. It's a shame the Maori Party was seen to be too close to National.