sharetrader
Page 606 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1065065565966026036046056066076086096106166567061106 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 14320
    Advanced Member

Another bad ad for imPoto's police the other night.

Security camera footage shown on TV of a female police officer standing on the footpath, passively, while 3 juveniles stooped one at a time out of the shop door they had smashed in to gain entry to a shop, then run off into the night with their stolen goods.

We are told she did nothing, because they had hammers.

Why do we equip and train police with tazers and pepper spray?

She had plenty of time to aim straight to the testicles, or some more pc body part, to take control of the doorway herself.

Is this going the "be kind" way, like covid jabs in South Auckland, where the constable is supposed to shout, 'stop, and I will give you each $150 of taxpayer funded MacDonalds vouchers'?

Will the shop owner get a tax rebate for this non performance?

York has voted to strip Prince Andrew of freedom of their city.

Meanwhile Poto has granted crims the freedom of any NZ city.
    Last edited by Getty; 30-04-2022 at 03:29 PM.

I am sure the officer had called for backup. I think that is probably sop when there is more than one offender and there are weapons involved.
    I doubt that the offenders in this instance "got away", but even if some offenders in similar circumstances do evade capture and manage to dispose of the stolen goods I still would not change that sop.

Your post's references to "ImPouto's police", "female police officer", "aim straight at the testicles", "pc body part", and ""be kind" policing" suggest to me that your post says something about your own testosterone levels as well as your knowledge of National's current "talking points".

I don't want operational procedure dictated by testosterone or politics.
    Last edited by davflaws; 30-04-2022 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Is this going the "be kind" way, like covid jabs in South Auckland, where the constable is supposed to shout, 'stop, and I will give you each $150 of taxpayer funded MacDonalds vouchers'?

Meanwhile Poto has granted crims the freedom of any NZ city.
    Not just South Auckland - started with $50 petrol vouchers and then, $150 supermarket & prezzy card vouchers. Shop assistant at a liquor store in Northland told of the story of the prezzy cards being used to buy hard liquor.

Not a day goes by without evidence of just how incompetent but arrogant this Ardern government is :

Ardern does not have $400k for Plunket to keep services going

but

She has $600k a year to pay for empty office space for Auckland cycle bridge staff.

Long term lease space rented 3 weeks before she scrapped the Auckland $785m cycle bridge.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...e-to-lie-empty

She obviously thinks money grows on trees the way she throws it at everything which takes her fancy - especially to buy votes.
    Last edited by Balance; 30-04-2022 at 04:26 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I am sure the officer had called for backup. I think that is probably sop when there is more than one offender and there are weapons involved.
    I doubt that the offenders in this instance "got away", but even if some offenders in similar circumstances do evade capture and manage to dispose of the stolen goods I still would not change that sop.

Your post's references to "ImPouto's police", "female police officer", "aim straight at the testicles", "pc body part", and ""be kind" policing" suggest to me that your post says something about your own testosterone levels as well as your knowledge of National's current "talking points".

I don't want operational procedure dictated by testosterone or politics.
    Sorry mate, my gender reassignment pills are obviously not working, imPotent maybe?

Anyway, I should have known the usual suspect would put me on trial, instead of the crims, oops, alleged crims.

To show I'm new mod, I should write; pending transgender police operative, instead of female constable.

In the days before soppy SOPs, a lone cozzer would have gone in with his truncheon, and delivered some summary justice.

Now thats strange, there was less crime, and less assaults on police in those days.

Perhaps you could do a thesis on that davflaws?

In the days before soppy SOPs, a lone cozzer would have gone in with his truncheon, and delivered some summary justice.

Now thats strange, there was less crime, and less assaults on police in those days.

Perhaps you could get me started on my research by specifying when were the days before "soppy SOPs", how we would know whether there was less crime and assaults on police then, and how we would know whether there was a causative relationship between those stats and the incidence of extrajudicial punishment by police.

But that would require some thought and it would certainly be easier to just keep repeating the "talking points"

Advanced Member

50 years ago.

'Stats were kept, and Dover would have a relevant view of the subject.

The days when "a boot up the bum" was common terminology.

You know that in recent decades, media report along the lines of "assaults on police have increased", supported by some data.

Drop the line about me, National, and 'talking points", it is some knowledge of them, or prejudice you have, but it simply does not apply to me.

I call things as I see them, unlike Jacinda ites who are indoctrinated to behave like loyal comrades.
    Last edited by Getty; 30-04-2022 at 06:08 PM.

Dilettante

Sorry mate, my gender reassignment pills are obviously not working, imPotent maybe?

Anyway, I should have known the usual suspect would put me on trial, instead of the crims, oops, alleged crims.

To show I'm new mod, I should write; pending transgender police operative, instead of female constable.

Interesting how a post can be read differently by different people. What I got from it was your criticism of Police having a lax attitude towards crime. davflaws saw only gender stuff in it. Strange !

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Interesting how a post can be read differently by different people. What I got from it was your criticism of Police having a lax attitude towards crime. davflaws saw only gender stuff in it. Strange !
    Yep, that dav has some flaws all right...

Advanced Member

The expert on crime, who spoke on the first quarter of Q & A this morn, I didn't catch his name, closed in response to a question, by stating that if NZ comes down hard on crime, will make it worse!

Sorry Poto, I've got it all wrong.

You are indeed a woman of the times...

Welcome to Aotearoa 2022, the home of rampant crime!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I quoted enough of Getty's post to support my suspicion that his "tough on crime", "boot up the bum" beliefs have at least as much to do with his testosterone level and political inclinations as any "facts" about what works in reducing crime by young people.