sharetrader
Page 633 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1335335836236296306316326336346356366376436837331133 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 14320
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Dangerous as well, this is a real worry having her fronting NZ geopolitical relations as the country faces unprecedented emerging tensions, not the least from our 'by far the largest' trading partner. How much more damage will be done with another 15months before Labour are voted out? Very concerning.
    Yes frightening isn't it, but fear not the perfect storm is coming for Ardern and her Govt next year when all those mortgages rolling off fixed get refixed at double or more the interest rates, couple that with unbearable living costs and a hamstrung economy and the punters will be calling for blood.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes frightening isn't it, but fear not the perfect storm is coming for Ardern and her Govt next year when all those mortgages rolling off fixed get refixed at double or more the interest rates, couple that with unbearable living costs and a hamstrung economy and the punters will be calling for blood.
    That may well be the case, it seems inevitable that horrible economic and social outcomes will now happen, with good people getting crushed through no fault of their own. But do we have the luxury of avoiding 15 months of more damage to the economy and geopolitical relations? I think not.

We're looking at economic and geopolitical hell happening right now (the speed at which this is unfolding is both unsettling and unprecedented), it is staring us in the face right now and we have the most incompetent and facile government ever in the history of NZ just making it worse.

I'm not sure how a vote of no confidence in the government can come about, but it seems it must before we are all drawn into an economic and geopolitic maelstrom that will wreck everyone and take decades to recover from, if ever.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 26-05-2022 at 09:36 PM.

In another life many years ago I learnt to fly. One thing I have never forgotten is a flying term I have applied to many aspects of my life since. That term is "fly the aeroplane" What it means is obvious, what ever situation you face, irrespective of whatever else is going on around you, a primary function is to FTA. ie; maintain airspeed, etc,etc. Basic necessities of survival. I have never seen an a aeroplane so out of control as this government.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    In another life many years ago I learnt to fly. One thing I have never forgotten is a flying term I have applied to many aspects of my life since. That term is "fly the aeroplane" What it means is obvious, what ever situation you face, irrespective of whatever else is going on around you, a primary function is to FTA. ie; maintain airspeed, etc,etc. Basic necessities of survival. I have never seen an a aeroplane so out of control as this government.
    It is because this government are ignorant, unskilled and experienced in any of the the matters of real life, business or economy, let alone global politics. We unfortunately are not flying the plane, a majority of our people have voted these ignoramus incompetents as pilots of our future, and that's turning out to be a really bad choice, ... like a really really bad choice.

It's looking like we're seriously ****ed, across any measure you choose except woke stuff which has very little to do with survival and prosperity in the local and global economy. Good people are being wrecked, seriously screwed up and it's only just started. When a government ****s over its middle income constituency, whoa betide them, their reign is over.

Sadly that'll take 15 months of more pain and damage before they get the boot. It's going to get much worse before it gets better, much much worse. That's really upsetting, we were on a decent pathway before these muppets got hold of the tiller, now we're going backwards at a great rate knots.

Meanwhile our largest trading partner by far is challenging our global alliances, right in our sandpit. Well let's see how that plays out, but don't look to this government for any solutions, they'll just dig the hole deeper that we'll all lie in eventually, if we aren't already. The RBNZ just killed every new entrant to the property market, and all the developers, almost like a f'you to the government.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I just signed on for another 1yr fixed term loan and from JULY21 to present so 10 months rates have doubled for the term with Westpac and the manager I deal with stated they will only go higher if I waited till end of JUL ..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    That may well be the case, it seems inevitable that horrible economic and social outcomes will now happen, with good people getting crushed through no fault of their own. But do we have the luxury of avoiding 15 months of more damage to the economy and geopolitical relations? I think not.
    It will be much harder to find a job under national with their open border migration and austerity policies.

More unemployed will make the crime problem worse (though hopefully jacinda gets onto Albo about the deportee issues).

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And meanwhile, give the squeezed middle class less than $1 a day to 'take the edge off Ardern's prolific spending induced high cost of living crisis' - not even enough to buy a loaf of bread!

In other words, Robertson told them to go suck on a kumara (grown & planted by the Maori cabal).

Bankrupt of ideas BUT not of throwing money down the dunny - that's Ardern & Robertson.
    Labour does seem to be squeezing middle and poorer NZ while engaging in pork barrel politics in attempt to mitigate the effects. It is not the first time, look at what Douglas did.

Ardern's Labour shirked from major tax reform, and then the Govt and RBNZ added more fuel to the housing fire by loosening up LTV requirements while interest rates fell, which resulted in inflating the bubble further. All while botching up social housing provision.

A previous Labour govt undertook reform which ended up shifting the tax burden from the wealthier to the poorer. Why doesn't the current govt undertake reform to shift it back a bit? Otherwise it may be that the last young keen worker will need to turn off the switch before they head overseas?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/kushla...EFEFVKSWSG6GU/

Kushlan Sugathapala: Why does NZ collect so much tax from the poor?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 27-05-2022 at 07:54 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    =
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/kushla...EFEFVKSWSG6GU/

It's simple though.

Apparently some of those paid squillions in NZ are too simple to figure out how an exemption might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    It's simple though.

Apparently some of those paid squillions in NZ are too simple to figure out how an exemption might work.
    Good to see you are seeing through this government, although simple is far far to soft a term to describe ardern, Robertson, Mahuta, Coster and Orr et al..

One is either a believer or a thinker. CCP Panda, I thought you were a believer, but perhaps you are starting to think.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post

What is missing from the conversation is the student loan repayment.

So you could end up paying world leading rent in one of luxon's 7 properties on a subpar income but the other 50% to the government.