sharetrader
Page 64 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768741141645641064 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    A day off with pay. Or with no pay for business owners and the self employed.
    However, I'm looking forward to the new Pineapple Chunk day holiday. Another one with pay, I expect?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Maybe it should be. There has to an offset for this new stat day. Personally I don't care whether we have Queen's birthday or Matariki, but not both. I very much doubt that many NZ'ers celebrate or rejoice in either, but are more than happy to have to just have a day off.
    Matariki is increasingly celebrated - certainly in Auckland anyway. Maybe Queen Victoria's birthday was a time for celebration back in those colonial and imperial times. I am not sure if we need two holidays quite close together in Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Matariki is increasingly celebrated - certainly in Auckland anyway. Maybe Queen Victoria's birthday was a time for celebration back in those colonial and imperial times. I am not sure if we need two holidays quite close together in Winter.
    One of the justifications announced was that NZ has fallen too far behind other OECD nations with respect to the number of public holidays provided per annum, so I can't see the PM advocating for cutting any existing holiday in return for Matariki.

Guru

Great watching on ‘Dog Squad’ tonight. The dog at the airport indicated on a Hong Kong couple coming in carrying NZD 26,000 in undeclared cash, but it was all good and their explanation was accepted and they just had to fill in a form. Meanwhile a group of ‘youths’ stole a car, rolled it and wrote it off after they were pursued by police. After a dog handler and his dog tracked them down they were taken home to their parents, and referred to ‘youth services’. Then the cop and his dog come across another stolen car occupied by 3 males. The driver was sentenced to 80 hours community work.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    One of the justifications announced was that NZ has fallen too far behind other OECD nations with respect to the number of public holidays provided per annum, so I can't see the PM advocating for cutting any existing holiday in return for Matariki.
    Which nations are they?

Dilettante

"The most transparent Government" at it again https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ally-new-stock

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    "The most transparent Government" at it again https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ally-new-stock
    Cindy do what Cindy does.

]Green MP Ricardo Menéndez March tried not once, but twice, to get an emergency spot in managed isolation, the first time as a "critical public or health service" and the second time as "required for national security"

Not the most auspicious start to his political career I think. Is the party leadership going to defend the undefendable?

Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 24-02-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Sign of a government on the run

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...alk-radio-show

Robertson asked some uncomfortable questions about the WEF and labels it "Conspiracy Theory" and refuses to come back.

All the more reason to worry about the influence the WEF has on both governments and NGOs.

By the way, it's not a conspiracy theory to quote the Chair of the WEF and his frankly scary vision of the future. "You will own nothing and you will be happy".

Just who will own things isn't clear. If Grant & Cindy remain in charge houses will be part of this list, that is for sure.
    Robertson was right. Your comments are just more of the interpretations of a naive conspiracy theorist.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post

]Green MP Ricardo Menéndez March tried not once, but twice, to get an emergency spot in managed isolation, the first time as a "critical public or health service" and the second time as "required for national security"

Not the most auspicious start to his political career I think. Is the party leadership going to defend the undefendable?

Oh dear! How is Cindy going to explain this one of her Coalition partner?