sharetrader
Page 695 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 1955956456856916926936946956966976986997057457951195 ... LastLast
Results 6,941 to 6,950 of 14308
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    National put in the hard yards after the GFC and twin Christchurch earthquakes to restore NZ’s credit rating - as usual, Ardern & Labour are quick to take credit.
    Restore? It was AA+ from 2003 until 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Fortunately, the previous Labour Govt left the country in a great position to handle the GFC etc - despite National wanting them to spend more of the accrued buffer at the time.
    National has never been about spending recklessly - that is unquestionably the domain of Ardern & Robertson.

Quote of the day :

“Friends of mine went to Australia for higher wages and cheaper living. They have now told me that they have received a Jacinta gift on behalf of the taxpayers.”
    And it gets worse!

They pay to those who are not entitled to the payment but have not paid to those who ‘need’ the payments because they have no idea of actual numbers!

Guru

National has never been about spending recklessly - that is unquestionably the domain of Ardern & Robertson.
    Treaty settlements, whanau ora, novapay, flag referendum...

Guru

More likely they are about not spending, reducing funding for Health, Education, Police etc.
    Stuff that gives a short-term saving to the detriment of the long-term viability of the core portfolio and creating huge issues down the track.
    Issues we suffer now.

More likely they are about not spending, reducing funding for Health, Education, Police etc.
    Stuff that gives a short-term saving to the detriment of the long-term viability of the core portfolio and creating huge issues down the track.
    Issues we suffer now.
    You mean - suffering because of the uncontrolled, reckless and unproductive spending by Ardern & her team of nincompoops.

How do you like the number of homeless sleeping in cars increasing by 300% under Ardern?

Remember what she said about people sleeping in cars - that it is not kind and is a disgrace?

What does the 300% increase say about her then?

Oh, I forget - she rejects the premise of that question as she is so damn shxt hot!
    Last edited by Balance; 02-08-2022 at 04:55 PM.

Guru

You mean - suffering because of the uncontrolled, reckless and unproductive spending by Ardern & her team of nincompoops.
    Nope - I don't mean that at all.

Nope - I don't mean that at all.
    Then how do you account for :

The housing disaster

The cost of living crisis

The health crisis

The law & order crisis

Under Ardern & her team of nincompoops?

Cost of living payment - an example of the shambles which accompany everything that Ardern & her team of nincompoops try to implement.

Because they are basically clueless & useless. They only know how to throw money - not wisely spend it.

All spin and no delivery - Ardern the spin mistress.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/claire...EEPPWJFIEFJ4E/

Paywalled

The Government has discovered throwing money at a problem does not make it go away – and in fact it can create more of them - for itself.

Its much-vaunted Cost-of-Living payment has now been criticised by some because people who are not getting the payment should be – beneficiaries and superannuitants.

And it has been criticised because people who should not be getting the payment are getting it – expats and migrants who have now returned to their homelands.

Then came the revelation that not as many people were getting it as were supposed to be getting it, even including those who were not supposed to be getting it.

"We're supporting 2.1 million people," the Labour social media posts boasted.

It then transpired the first round of payments only went to 1.3 million people.

Cringeworthy

Just got an email from NZ Labour Party signed by Rob Salmond……started off like this -

Yesterday I was incredibly proud to be a Labour party member. I’m sure you saw the news - more than 2 million New Zealanders received $116 from the new Cost of Living Payment.

Winner, if you were proud of this initiative, too, please consider chipping in $10 today. Your contribution will help Jacinda and Labour prepare for next years election, so we can keep working towards a fairer and more equal Aotearoa.

Blah blah blah

Mate got asked for $24 ..I’m gutted
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”