sharetrader
Page 696 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1965966466866926936946956966976986997007067467961196 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,960 of 14319

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Cringeworthy

Just got an email from NZ Labour Party signed by Rob Salmond……started off like this -

Yesterday I was incredibly proud to be a Labour party member. I’m sure you saw the news - more than 2 million New Zealanders received $116 from the new Cost of Living Payment.

Winner, if you were proud of this initiative, too, please consider chipping in $10 today. Your contribution will help Jacinda and Labour prepare for next years election, so we can keep working towards a fairer and more equal Aotearoa.

Blah blah blah

Mate got asked for $24 ..I’m gutted
    So they used taxpayers’ funds and borrowed monies to pay $116 and then, sent letters asking for donations.

Presumably they expect the grateful recipients to donate some of the $116 to Ardern & Labour.

No just cringeworthy, W69 - it’s underhanded & corrosive politics. To be expected from the clueless and useless Ardern though.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Cost of living payment - an example of the shambles which accompany everything that Ardern & her team of nincompoops try to implement.

Because they are basically clueless & useless. They only know how to throw money - not wisely spend it.

All spin and no delivery - Ardern the spin mistress.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/claire...EEPPWJFIEFJ4E/

Paywalled

The Government has discovered throwing money at a problem does not make it go away – and in fact it can create more of them - for itself.

Its much-vaunted Cost-of-Living payment has now been criticised by some because people who are not getting the payment should be – beneficiaries and superannuitants.

And it has been criticised because people who should not be getting the payment are getting it – expats and migrants who have now returned to their homelands.

Then came the revelation that not as many people were getting it as were supposed to be getting it, even including those who were not supposed to be getting it.

"We're supporting 2.1 million people," the Labour social media posts boasted.

It then transpired the first round of payments only went to 1.3 million people.
    The boys who left NZ for Oz earlier this year are laughing, they got the payment in their NZ bank accounts. The highly paid who haven't worked long enough in their job to earn the $70k threshold yet are laughing, they got the payment too. 100's of thousands who would qualify but choose to have no relationship with the IRD, including sharing their bank account, are not laughing because they'll get nothing.

What a shambles, I wouldn't be so annoyed if I wasn't paying for this knee jerk incompetence helicopter money largesse.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The boys who left NZ for Oz earlier this year are laughing, they got the payment in their NZ bank accounts. The highly paid who haven't worked long enough in their job to earn the $70k threshold yet are laughing, they got the payment too. 100's of thousands who would qualify but choose to have no relationship with the IRD, including sharing their bank account, are not laughing because they'll get nothing.
    Think of it as a benefit of holding an NZ passport.

Our economy is so strong we can give a dividend to the common folk.

Legend

Anyone know where the strong Nelson blend can be gotten ?

A scientist friend wants a sample to see what it contains , that causes heightened elusions of reality

consider the potential results the imputation credit on top, after the tax has been extracted..
    both of which are widely misunderstood by those on the street
    Last edited by nztx; 03-08-2022 at 03:49 AM.

Guru

Crystal clear water and skies here... which means my thoughts are clear.

It turns out there wasn't a property price crash in 2020, or a recession in 2017, and the NZ credit rating generally means something in world markets. Inconvenient for some
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 03-08-2022 at 06:13 PM.

Another day, another revelation of the shambles Ardern & her nincompoops are subjecting NZers to :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/edu...st-end-of-year

$13k per week for sitting at home , courtesy of Ardern & Hipkins - for appointing an incompetent CEO to throw hundred of millions of dollars at building up ever more bureaucracy.

Guru

Another day, another revelation of the shambles Ardern & her nincompoops are subjecting NZers to :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/edu...st-end-of-year

$13k per week for sitting at home , courtesy of Ardern & Hipkins - for appointing an incompetent CEO to throw hundred of millions of dollars at building up ever more bureaucracy.
    This guy is highly paid because he is apparently a ‘leader’, yet the going gets tough and he’s ducking for cover. Just goes to show the shallow NZ talent pool, the old boys network, and the bs corporate shenanigans that go on. This guy was on a massive salary at Auckland Council too, and blew out staff numbers there beyond all belief. Absolute madness.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Cringeworthy

Just got an email from NZ Labour Party signed by Rob Salmond……started off like this -

Yesterday I was incredibly proud to be a Labour party member. I’m sure you saw the news - more than 2 million New Zealanders received $116 from the new Cost of Living Payment.

Winner, if you were proud of this initiative, too, please consider chipping in $10 today. Your contribution will help Jacinda and Labour prepare for next years election, so we can keep working towards a fairer and more equal Aotearoa.

Blah blah blah

Mate got asked for $24 ..I’m gutted
    She who promised the most transparent government ever says she has nothing to do with the mailing campaign to extract donations from those who receive the payments.

Does anyone believe Ardern?

Once a spin con artist, always a con artist - Ardern cannot help herself.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/cost-o...ABSP2TMU4HX5Q/

On Tuesday, a Labour campaign email asking for donations stated: "More than two million New Zealanders received $116 from the new Cost of Living Payment".

Ardern said she had not been aware of the campaign material before it was sent.

She became aware only after it was sent out!

Labour think I’m a real supporter by being on their mailing list ..….but I only asked to get those emails to see what silly things they are up to ….I call it political research.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

National put in the hard yards after the GFC and twin Christchurch earthquakes to restore NZ’s credit rating - as usual, Ardern & Labour are quick to take credit.

But they are quicker to blame others for the disasters of housing, law & order, cost of living and healthcare they inflict on NZers.

Meanwhile, they love reading ever more debts to spray the money randomly and with no consideration to feeding inflation & who they give the money to!

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...y-are-eligible

A bunch of monkeys in charge - Ardern & Robertson.
    No you silly Nats give the Key government credit for "getting us through the GFC" when in truth its because Cullen and the Labour government left us in good shape, Dr Bollard even says so in his book about the GFC.