sharetrader
Page 698 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1985986486886946956966976986997007017027087487981198 ... LastLast
Results 6,971 to 6,980 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Can't let you get away with this nonsense, MP's, Ministers even Prime Ministers have absolutely no say in who the police charge or who they do not, nor can they direct the Courts on sentencing.

Am sure you already know this, am sure its hard but just try and control that urge to unleash on the PM at every opportunity no matter how far fetched.
    Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    The Minister of Justice and the Minister of Police are responsible for law and order. They were appointed by the PM. If they are not achieving what they are expected to do then the PM is responsible for changing them. The problem is whether they are in fact doing as she requires.
    While the Minister may be 'responsible' there is a separation of the Legislature (Parliament) and Police (and Justice) departments.
    The Ministerial responsibility extends to
    develop policy
    draft bills
    publish laws, and
    administer all legislation.
    As Blue Skies suggests - the Minister doesn't (and can't) direct the Police or Justice on who to charge and what punishment to mete out.

I don't think anyone would want it any other way.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I have no problem with my age unlike you with your age.

You did not have the guts to take up the $10k bet that I am not the age you asserted I was.

Man up and front up - boyo.
    You are losing it - weird. But to your credit today you took my advice and stopped using nincompoop, I'll take that.

Membaa

The thing I don't get, maybe you do, is why the defenders of the the Labour faith never have anything to say that actually defends or justifies the litany of failures this Government has wrought upon us.

Nothing, ever. The only thing that ever comes from them is deflection and diversion to what the opposition are saying. This in itself is an admission that the Government failures to achieve anything from their idealistic policies in unrealistic implementation timeframes, despite the obscene amounts of tax payer money thrown at them, is indefensible.

Just one thing, just one, give us your defence of why the billions have been well spent, achieved something except disempowering our nations people and businesses, just one thing. What would that be. That one thing?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The thing I don't get, maybe you do, is why the defenders of the the Labour faith never have anything to say that actually defends or justifies the litany of failures this Government has wrought upon us.

Nothing, ever. The only thing that ever comes from them is deflection and diversion to what the opposition are saying. This in itself is an admission that the Government failures to achieve anything from their idealistic policies in unrealistic implementation timeframes, despite the obscene amounts of tax payer money thrown at them, is indefensible.

Just one thing, just one, give us your defence of why the billions have been well spent, achieved something except disempowering our nations people and businesses, just one thing. What would that be. That one thing?
    Rich people got richer - a lot of people won't be complaining.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Rich people got richer - a lot of people won't be complaining.
    So the one thing, you're saying, that defends or justifies the billions Labour have thrown at the economy and their policies across all of the economy, is that the rich people got richer?

I don't think Labour would be happy about that outcome, don't they try to do the opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    You are losing it - weird. But to your credit today you took my advice and stopped using nincompoop, I'll take that.
    Stand up and be a man - be prepared to back up your assertions. Don’t be a snivelling nincompoop like so many of Ardern’s ministers & followers.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-08-2022 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    So the one thing, you're saying, that defends or justifies the billions Labour have thrown at the economy and their policies across all of the economy, is that the rich people got richer?

I don't think Labour would be happy about that outcome, don't they try to do the opposite?
    Good catch, Baa_Baa.

Now watch the deafening silence from Ardern’s sniffers.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Good catch, Baa_Baa.

Now watch the deafening silence from Ardern’s sniffers.
    Sniffers, or snivelers? I really don't get it, that they don't seem to have anything to defend or justify the Labour Government largesse, like nothing. Not a thing. Ever.

Deferring, deflection and diversion to to the opposition is, manifestly admission of the failures of the Government, it's admission that the Government has and is failing across all fronts. Failing at everything.

Mortgaging the current and future generations of taxpayers of NZ on idealistic unimplementable policy within a Government term is really, just reckless governance.

But the rich get richer, which is apparently a good thing.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Don't believe everything you think you read.
    Sounds a lot like Trump's modus operandi - "I heard somewhere, may not be true, but I heard [blah blah]"

Actually their reporting was incorrect .. Robbo's immaculate conception appears to have produced answer considerably worse in real value .. any Economics student will be falling over themselves seeing what those trying to defend the undefendable shambles are posting

Legend

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...over-paintings

Labour MP Michael Wood rang political donations trial defendants over paintings

Which of the two ministerial planks is thicker ?