sharetrader
Page 7 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117571075071007 ... LastLast

Those who think Mohuta Not a good choice out in force on social media ...like:

But worth nothing perhaps the Herald's Mood of the Boardroom ratings of ministers. Mahuta ranked 16/19 in 2018, 15/20 in 2019, and this year (when the included minister outside Cabinet) 18/25, Most of those rated worse than her are not even ministers any longer.
    Last edited by winner69; 03-11-2020 at 10:51 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You're surely not suggesting Jacinda is scraping the bottom of her talent barrel? Or is it just a bit of token racial balance? Surely not! I'll stick to my claim that she is one of the brighter Labour MPs. Take that however you see it!
    I concede that representation and balance are important, but should the optics of diversity be more importance than competence?? At what point do Maori become over represented, which ,it could be argued is fast approaching.
    I would make one observation about the CVs of many who are on party lists today. This observation may be unfair . Many seem to be on the conveyor belt of professional politicians. Many "have worked in the sector". It seems mere mortal like me, who are male have fronted up to an employer since 18, paid taxes and raised families etc, apparently have nothing to offer. What are others opinions, or is Sgt Pepper turning into an over 60 male grump??
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 03-11-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Good points, Bjauck.

The cabinet is certainly more representative of the NZ of today and it is a good thing to move the country towards a republic. Question is - have the right people been picked for the ministerial positions or is it diversity for its own sake?

Not just taxation return but notice how quiet Cindy has been about the housing market amd how prices there are galloping way out of reach of the average family & first home buyers?
    As we seen for the last three years Jacinda will go missing on many major issues facing this country ... how much longer can we have the old "it was the last guys fault" you know National were in for 9yrs thats why we have expensive homes ... as homes never went up under 9yrs of Labour 1999-2008 now did they ??
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

https://twitter.com/matpottinger/sta...007286272?s=20

Watch as Western countries compete for the unenviable position of having had the largest increase in real house prices since 1980....

And is only to 2016 !! we purchased a house here in Cromwell thats increased some 60% since then would be great to see it updated to show the pure madness I don't think will end in the near term..

Labour must know how overpriced we have become on the world stage...and now having muzzled the Greens she can try and distance herself from the train-wreak coming down the line when we get a credit downgrade on the other side of the COVID madness
    Last edited by JBmurc; 03-11-2020 at 12:56 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/ldr/42977...using-promises

Plenty of promises from Cindy to sort out housing and so far, the crisis has become chaos under her watch.

Soon to become an unmitigated disaster - but she will be off to the UN by then with her hijab.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Have some personal experiences with her whanau many years ago. Not impressed with the work ethic.
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...nal-press.html

And you better not comment on her race & appearance as it is apparently offensive!

Did I not read somewhere that she is proud to be a Maori, has a moko to signify her attachment to her iwi and considers her appointment as the first female foreign minister to be a huge achievement?

But nobody is allowed to highlight those facts! 🤔
    Last edited by Balance; 03-11-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Commenting on someone’s race in a positive way is perfectly acceptable. Commenting on it in a negative way, is not.

Making a blanket judgment on someone based on their physical appearance is also not ok.

Maybe people could simply reserve judgment on any of these people for now, and let them settle into their new roles. Time will tell whether they can bring what is needed to the table. You may end up being pleasantly surprised.

If National had won the election, do you seriously think their line-up of “talent” would be any better, or even close to Labour’s? They couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery if they tried right now.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...nal-press.html

And you better not comment on her race & appearance as it is apparently offensive!

Did I not read somewhere that she is proud to be a Maori, has a moko to signify her attachment to her iwi and considers her appointment as the first female foreign minister to be a huge achievement?

But nobody is allowed to highlight those facts! 樂
    Last edited by justakiwi; 03-11-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Commenting on someone’s race in a positive way is perfectly acceptable. Commenting on it in a negative way, is not.

Making a blanket judgment on someone based on their physical appearance is also not ok.

Maybe people could simply reserve judgment on any of these people for now, and let them settle into their new roles. Time will tell whether they can bring what is needed to the table. You may end up being pleasantly surprised.

If National had won the election, do you seriously think their line-up of “talent” would be any better, or even close to Labour’s? They couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery if they tried.
    It’s the hypocrisy of Cindy & her team of incompetents in question re the Mohutu article.

They are upset only because they cannot frame the narrative around her appointment - as if the world press would not notice the moko? What a great opportunity really to enlighten the world as to Maori culture and practices missed.
    Last edited by Balance; 03-11-2020 at 07:30 PM.

I am talking about the comments some here have made about her. But with regards to the article, Jacinda is not responsible for the way the media (international or domestic) have presented this. I have seen no hypocrisy whatsoever.

It’s the hypocrisy of Cindy & her team of incompetents in question re the Mohutu article.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I am talking about the comments some here have made about her. But with regards to the article, Jacinda is not responsible for the way the media (international or domestic) have presented this. I have seen no hypocrisy whatsoever.
    Wouldn't Cindy have loved to frame the narrative regarding Mahutu's appointment with the international media as she does effortlessly with the media and sheep in NZ? Using tax payers' money of course!

Now let's get back to the 20,000 NZers on the housing waiting list - where is her plan as the housing chaos rushes towards disaster?
    Last edited by Balance; 03-11-2020 at 07:35 PM.