sharetrader
Page 704 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 2046046546947007017027037047057067077087147548041204 ... LastLast
Results 7,031 to 7,040 of 14308
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    My bet is Jacinda will bail before the election. Her history for not fronting when the going gets tough is in her DNA. She now knows she has no chance next year and will disappear prior leaving Robo or some other mug to carry the can.
    The Unions are very influential in deciding the Labour leader these days and are more likely to install one of their own such as Michael Woods I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The latest poll will prompt her to speed up her bail out plans to the UN.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...2EIMO43STQVP4/

Her days of spinning and conning NZers are coming to an end.
    I read somewhere recently even the UN are showing a little more care with who they employ these days. Have they had some negative results ? Not sure if that's the case but if so she may have missed the boat there.

Advanced Member

My bet is Jacinda will bail before the election. Her history for not fronting when the going gets tough is in her DNA. She now knows she has no chance next year and will disappear prior leaving Robo or some other mug to carry the can.
    You are being too pesim - of course Labour have a chance next year - it’s MMP stupid.

Advanced Member

Sorry- pessimistic!

Advanced Member

For what’s it’s worth I think it’s a fair bet that Labour will have a new leader heading into next election.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    For what’s it’s worth I think it’s a fair bet that Labour will have a new leader heading into next election.
    I'm not so sure, we know she doesn't like being a loser and thrives on her popularity, but is also aware of her positive populism effect on Labours chances. Must be an awful conundrum for her to reconcile, like do I leave and appear to be abandoning the Labour party to avoid being a loser because they almost certainly will lose without her, or do I stay and risk Labour losing the election and personally being a loser because of it and stuck with them as the leader. Tough choice.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I'm not so sure, we know she doesn't like being a loser and thrives on her popularity, but is also aware of her positive populism effect on Labours chances. Must be an awful conundrum for her to reconcile, like do I leave and appear to be abandoning the Labour party to avoid being a loser because they almost certainly will lose without her, or do I stay and risk Labour losing the election and personally being a loser because of it and stuck with them as the leader. Tough choice.
    She'll be gone before next election, leaving the impression to overseas observers that her resignation caused Labour's collapse. Be a sensible move; far better for her future than losing an election by a large margin which is inevitable.
    'While youi're ahead --- stay ahead'
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 09-08-2022 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    yes, must be a conundrum. Obsessed with her own importance on the one hand and absolutely terrified of rejection on the other.

yes, must be a conundrum. Obsessed with her own importance on the one hand and absolutely terrified of rejection on the other.
    In her heart, Ardern knows NZers have seen through her - all spin and no delivery. And with a racist agenda to snare Maori votes.

In her heart, Ardern knows NZers have seen through her - all spin and no delivery. And with a racist agenda to snare Maori votes.
    As FP said she will let Labour burn in hell as she has absolutely zero consideration to anything or anyone but herself. Cold as a mackerel.