sharetrader
Page 726 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 2266266767167227237247257267277287297307367768261226 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,260 of 14320
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    In this mornings Newshub interview, Dr Sharma presented as credible, coherent, lucid, sharp, rational, relaxed & attentive, as he did in an earlier interview I commented on.

Not symptoms of bipolar disorder, or on medication for it, as inferred by a few.

The 'transparent trio' of Ardern, McAnulty & Szabo declined their invitations to appear.

Do they have something to hide?

Conversely, Matt McCarten made a strong visual statement, evidencing homelessness under Labour, by appearing as if he had been sleeping rough under a hedge, despite the efforts of the make up crew.
    Sharma does present well - articulate and plausible. Although he seems to have a reputation for being rough on his staff, both in his MP role and a doctor. I think the Labour party were trying their best to manage him.
    Two sides to the story which we'll learn more about in the near future.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Leading = ...

Pretending to be Leading for now

Reality.. Leading to be unbelieved - more than likely to be gone before the end of next year

Honarary Aunty status currently being prepared in time for departure tea spilling ceremony
    Last edited by nztx; 20-08-2022 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Sharma does present well - articulate and plausible. Although he seems to have a reputation for being rough on his staff, both in his MP role and a doctor. I think the Labour party were trying their best to manage him.
    Two sides to the story which we'll learn more about in the near future.
    Interesting how our politics can determine our perceptions - Getty found Sharma totally credible and dicounted Mat McCarten. I had it largely the other way. See below.

You are right FP - We can and (IMO) should watch and wait before making a judgment, but anyone directly involved hasn't got that luxury. I wouldn't join the "Sharma Team" just yet on any basis other than wanting to diss Labour and distract from the Uffindell saga.

I have no idea whether Dr Sharma "needs help" or whether that is just a convenient way of invalidating him and his claims or a bit of both. But I am pretty sure he would come across under good cross examination as petty, thin skinned, self entitled, and obsessive. In short - a "difficult" boss and colleague, and a "problem" to manage in the hothouse of an adversarial system.

Politically, I tilt strongly towards the left, but safe workplaces are more important to me than political advantage and I have represented functionaries from all over the political spectrum. Over the last twenty five years I have taken a couple of hundred cases involving workplace bullying.

This one is certainly not clear cut. In the unlikely event that Sharma consulted me (above my pay grade and I am retired) - I would decline to represent him. A loose cannon - ****loads of claims but won't (or can't) produce much evidence, and what is produced is equivocal at best.

Advanced Member

Its been a strenuous week for the Labour crew, so time for some Kiwi music to help them relax.

https://youtu.be/jwAUpObYXr8

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Which is still legal.

While having secret recordings is probably not.
    OMG. You really show your integrity and honesty now 👎

Guru

I don't think Labour should expel him.

Having him on the crossbench going "poor me" is not going to go down too well. Simply keep on ignoring him then find a new candidate for hamilton west.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 21-08-2022 at 03:11 AM.

Looks like Dr Sharma has built up plenty of ammunition to progressively feed into the public arena.

He will be a thorn in Ardern’s side for a while yet. 🕺🕺🕺

As for his political career, he does not seem to care a hoot - he has a medical career to go back to.
    Last edited by Balance; 20-08-2022 at 07:19 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Interesting how our politics can determine our perceptions - Getty found Sharma totally credible and dicounted Mat McCarten. I had it largely the other way. See below.
    A correction, If I may davflaws, to your perception of what I wrote about Matt.

Firstly, I acknowledged his presence, compared to 3 no shows mentioned by name.
    Secondly, and more importantly, I did not discount him as a person, or his comments, but I did comment on his unkempt appearance.

I respect Matt McCarten as a seasoned political commentator, and always look forward to him sharing his perspectives and views.

Secondly, and more importantly, I did not discount him as a person, or his comments, but I did comment on his unkempt appearance.

I respect Matt McCarten as a seasoned political commentator, and always look forward to him sharing his perspectives and views.
    Thank you - you are quite right. I mispercieved your post with respect to Matt McCarten. He did look scruffy - but was as usual insightful and (IMO) on the money.

He looked like he crawled out of bed in the jungle and got called at the very last minute to fill a slot - because of the 3 cowardly no shows.

Matt of course has had a singularly unsuccessful political career. Not sure I would put any weight on his political commentary.