sharetrader
Page 783 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 2836837337737797807817827837847857867877938338831283 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,830 of 14320

How do you know Ardern is lying?

When she opens her mouth.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...nt-ardern-says

Guru

Is Tory Whanau - the new Mayor of Wellington - a closet right winger? I heard talk that her family may be National Party supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Funny.

That's what she said:

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says she doesn’t think there’s a “simple, straight reflection” between support for the Government and the failure of some high-profile candidates endorsed by Labour in the local body elections.
    I only see her expressing her opinion in this article ... not sure how you can call her a liar for expressing her view? She said "she thinks, that ..."Do you have any evidence that this is not what she thinks? Otherwise unfortunately it would be you lying about Ardern.

Personally I think as well that what she said in above statement makes sense. And clearly - while the results of the election no doubt point as well to a general shift of the voters mood to the (hopefully only) centre-right, there is no simple straight correlation between both. I am sure that local issues influenced the local elections as well, as they should.

I remember as well many times her opening the mouth and saying decent and correct things. Sure - I didn't always liked what she said, I often would have used different methods to solve an issue, I have seen at times ideology, racism and xenophobia over common sense controlling the actions of her government ... and clearly, we have all seen lots of incompetence to implement many of the things she promised to do.

Maybe we have seen as well over the years a small number of untruths escaping her lips - next to many misjudgements ... , but stating that she lies every times she opens her mouth is ridiculous ... and clearly wrong.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 10-10-2022 at 10:47 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Is Tory Whanau - the new Mayor of Wellington - a closet right winger? I heard talk that her family may be National Party supporters.
    With a name like that, she must have right wing family, or was she conceived in Tory Street?
    Last edited by Getty; 10-10-2022 at 10:22 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    With a name like that, she must have right wing family, or was she conceived in Tory Street?
    She looks a bit like Carmen, so maybe Sir Bob Jones has figured somewhere in the campaign.

Legend

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Where was the lie in what she said?
    A few terms ago local body politics swung toward the left but that didn't equate to a swing to Labour in the national election.

But noone expects you to be rational or balanced.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Where was the lie in what she said?
    A few terms ago local body politics swung toward the left but that didn't equate to a swing to Labour in the national election.

But noone expects you to be rational or balanced.
    dobby I think it is clear from the results that there is a clear swing against the Government. Remember they won almost every seat in the rural areas of the South Island in 2020. I will be surprised if we don't see most of those seats swing back to National or ACT in 2023.

Yes there was a very low voter turnout in Labour strongholds for the local elections this weekend, particularly in parts of Auckland. But if a likeable smart Pacific Island man from South Auckland with a real chance of becoming Mayor, is not enough to get the voters to fill in their forms and post them, why would they be more enthusiastic about going out to vote in Parliamentary election ?
    Is it possible that the South Auckland community is now fundamentally divorced from Labour on issues close to their heart, such as religion and social cohesion ? Lets not forget either that most of the crime frequently reported such as ram raids and shootings, are predominantly happening in former Labour strongholds.
    Maybe Dylan had a point, "times they are a'changin"
    Last edited by iceman; 10-10-2022 at 01:49 PM.

Guru

Most people didn't even know the local elections were on, me included.

Didn't vote and got nick smith, lovely.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Most people didn't even know the local elections were on, me included.

Didn't vote and got nick smith, lovely.
    Strange for a frequent commenter on political threads to not know about local body elections. But I suppose they weren't included in your daily missives from the Labour Party about what you should say in your posts !!
    Luckily for us Nelsonians, we got Nick Smith. Hopefully he will sort out our failed council structure and shut down the stupid $46 million library madness ASAP. Then go and use his PHd in landslips to fix our most pressing and serious issues from a few weeks ago.