sharetrader
Page 79 of 1433 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283891291795791079 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    So transparent the political hosking type bias and hate for our govt, irrational and immature in extreme.
    The worst thing is that Hosking is still trying to get over the 2017 result and his bromance with Key goes on...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Who's my lot?

I pointed out there's a lot to be concerned about with the toothy one. As in....has she got more than one competent Minister? I'll cut her some slack on Grant Robertson, but even he is skating on thinner ice.

Andrew Little ..... a walking disaster looking for his next cockup. 50 million + poured down Pike River, grieving families played for political gain and nothing to show for it.
    Phil Twyford....promoted to No4 on the List for being a bigger cockup than Little.
    Meghan Woods....Housing Policy tracking along with the stellar performance of her predecessor.
    The other Woods who just referred their 2017 policy on Light Rail (meant to be complete about now) back for public consultation.

That's just a sample.
    let me help you out - your lot are probably National or Act

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    let me help you out - your lot are probably National or Act
    I'm fine without your help thanks tim23.

I don't have a "lot".

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...IGX6ZJMUVPUT4/

From front of vaccine queue to back of queue.

Another cock-up (one of the many screw ups) by Cindy & her team of incompetents.

"In November, Health Minister Chris Hipkins announced "New Zealand will be at the front of the queue" for Covid vaccinations. Four and a half months later, it turns out we are closer to the back.

There will not be a single new agency with extraordinary powers to carry out this massive and hopefully once-in-a-century task. The Government says it just doesn't do that sort of thing — a claim belied by the cruel hoax of Andrew Little's $50 million standalone Pike River Recovery Agency.

Instead, the rollout is being managed on business-as-usual terms by a troika of the Ministry of Health, the 20 District Health Boards (DHBs) and iwi. These bureaucrats are the same lot responsible for the calamitous 2019 measles outbreak and the influenza vaccine shortage the same year."
    Just to put this into context... countries with a higher vaccine rate and a similar population to New Zealand.

Palestine
    Serbia
    Uruguay
    Estonia
    Slovenia
    Azerbaijan
    Lebanon
    El Salvador
    etc etc.

No amount of Labour's PR spin machine in top gear, cliches around "team of 5 million", hugs and smiles can hide the facts and figures of a totally incompetent rollout thus far by the MoH and the government.

I would say NZ is in a unique situation where we can afford to hold out on the vaccine roll out. You can list other countries with comparable population all you want, but not many countries like NZ can remain in Level 1 for most of the year. Anotherwords, they're in far greater need to be vaccinated than we are.

Now let's hope those incoming flights to NZ are properly controlled and quarantined. We can't afford more screw ups.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post

Will semantics cost the country dearly?
    Not as much as selling assets in a recession.

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    I would say NZ is in a unique situation where we can afford to hold out on the vaccine roll out. You can list other countries with comparable population all you want, but not many countries like NZ can remain in Level 1 for most of the year. Anotherwords, they're in far greater need to be vaccinated than we are.

Now let's hope those incoming flights to NZ are properly controlled and quarantined. We can't afford more screw ups.
    Sure, I would be happy to help you out... here's a few more countries that are doing way better than us in vaccine rates.

Ghana
    Rwanda
    Senegal
    Sao Tome and Principe

The above countries are constantly listed near the top of the worlds most deprived and poverty stricken countries, however their governments can still complete their vaccinations at a faster rate than the current Labour government can.

Can you please enlighten the rest of us by answering two questions in regards to the statement you made.

1. What benefit does it provide to NZ if we "hold out on the vaccine roll out" ?

2. What benefit does it provide to NZ if other countries are in "far greater need to be vaccinated than we are" ?

I for one, would love to hear your answers.
    Last edited by Norwest; 03-04-2021 at 03:28 PM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Norwest View Post
    Sure, I would be happy to help you out... here's a few more countries that are doing way better than us in vaccine rates.

Ghana
    Rwanda
    Senegal
    Sao Tome and Principe

The above countries are constantly listed near the top of the worlds most deprived and poverty stricken countries, however their governments can still complete their vaccinations at a faster rate than the current Labour government can.

Can you please enlighten the rest of us by answering two questions in regards to the statement you made.

1. What benefit does it provide to NZ if we "hold out on the vaccine roll out" ?

2. What benefit does it provide to NZ if other countries are in "far greater need to be vaccinated than we are" ?

I for one, would love to hear your answers.
    To answer your question in point :

1) There's a lot of skepticism in general vaccines (just search online); causes autism, changes your DNA, i'm not an expert in medicine but there's no shortage of this kind of information online. (how you say the Anti-Vaxxers?) They would say all the COVID vaccines had been rushed out in record time which any reliable long term study for which every vaccine in the past had done. If you subscribe to this view, then you would prefer other countries that are rampant in COVID should have their vaccines - at the minimum, it should prove the effectiveness of the drug. (Should NZ be part of the guinea pig testing too?)

2) The NZ economy is reliant on international trade if we want to maintain our current standard of living. Being a primary producing nation, we don't have the option to say "we can depend on local consumption". Who are the buyers of our products? If those countries can not recover from COVID (because of a lack of the vaccine roll out?) then our economy too will continue to lag behind. Another words, the quicker those greater nations recover, the quicker NZ can return to the economy we once had (or at least in that direction).

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I'm fine without your help thanks tim23.

I don't have a "lot".
    Just talk a lot.

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    To answer your question in point :

1) There's a lot of skepticism in general vaccines (just search online); causes autism, changes your DNA, i'm not an expert in medicine but there's no shortage of this kind of information online. (how you say the Anti-Vaxxers?) They would say all the COVID vaccines had been rushed out in record time which any reliable long term study for which every vaccine in the past had done. If you subscribe to this view, then you would prefer other countries that are rampant in COVID should have their vaccines - at the minimum, it should prove the effectiveness of the drug. (Should NZ be part of the guinea pig testing too?)

2) The NZ economy is reliant on international trade if we want to maintain our current standard of living. Being a primary producing nation, we don't have the option to say "we can depend on local consumption". Who are the buyers of our products? If those countries can not recover from COVID (because of a lack of the vaccine roll out?) then our economy too will continue to lag behind. Another words, the quicker those greater nations recover, the quicker NZ can return to the economy we once had (or at least in that direction).
    Your first point doesn't stand against the weight pf qualified evidence.
    Your second point: the suggestion our customers will beat us to the pearly gates, thereby leaving us short if customers, is too silly for comment.
    Third point - once again you have coughed up 'another words'. First time I thought it was a typo. What does it mean, or is it a mondegreen??
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 03-04-2021 at 09:30 PM.