sharetrader
Page 798 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 2986987487887947957967977987998008018028088488981298 ... LastLast
Results 7,971 to 7,980 of 14320

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Evidence?

Go through the last 5 years of Ardern in power and you have all the evidence you will ever need.

None so blind as those with eyes but do not see.
    No shred of evidence provided. Just more hot air ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    No shred of evidence provided. Just more hot air ...
    One of the executives of a finance company once challenged me in a public forum in Orewa 2006 to provide proof that the finance companies were disasters waiting to happen.

I rest my case.

One of the executives of a finance company once challenged me in a public forum in Orewa 2006 to provide proof that the finance companies were disasters waiting to happen.

I rest my case.
    One swallow does not make a summer.

I assume you don't understand the meaning of "evidence" or "statistical relevant", do you?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Evidence?

Go through the last 5 years of Ardern in power and you have all the evidence you will ever need.

None so blind as those with eyes but do not see.

How quickly we forget!
    For the last almost 3 years, we & the rest of the whole world has been in the grips of a global pandemic which has already killed over 6 million people.
    No govt in living memory has had to navigate such a frightening & disruptive period.

If you watch the current TV1 program on Sunday nights, 'This England' its a chilling reminder of what a terrifying period this has been, a new deadly airborne virus with no vaccine & no antiviral medication.
    To think this would not cause massive disruption & dislocation of society & everything would continue as normal or you could compare it with previous times is insane.
    Its the sort of once in a 100 year event which could have caused a collapse, & anarchy.

But we've come through it amazingly well, comparatively, with one of the lowest death rates in the world, among the lowest govt dept in the OECD, low food price inflation compared to the rest of the world, low inflation compared to the OECD average, low unemployment, business & employment supported through the pandemic, a series of new free trade agreements & so on.

We have a PM who has been outstanding in terms of a creating a positive profile for New Zealand around the world, go anywhere overseas now & just see the affection for & how incredibly highly rated NZ is, esp for our tiny size & geographical insignificance.
    It's been a huge boost to our exporters & just being a Kiwi travelling overseas.

Of course there's lots of things wrong & many mistakes from this govt, but at least they are trying to solve some of these problems like child poverty & housing.
    National don't have any answers & don't even care, they just want tax cuts for the rich like Liz Truss's govt & now even suggesting switching from a public funding model of welfare, to one depending on private philanthropy a model which has proven to be a complete disaster.

In the middle of a cost of living crisis, how is giving people on say the PM's salary an extra $18,000 a year when someone on the average salary gets just $800 good policy for the country?
    Now Trickle down theory has been thoroughly discredited & over a certain income any increases have negligible motivation effect, how does that help the country one bit?
    With the benefit of hindsight, we can see a National govt would have had disastrous consequences for the country through the pandemic, flip flopping vaccine roll out & mandates, opening the border up at the wrong time, wanting a purpose built Quarantine facility which would have been a white elephant.
    We can look back at Luxon's trip to England & talking to Right Wing Think Tank dumping on NZ, & effusively congratulating Liz Truss on her becoming PM & saying we (the National Party ) share the same values! Share the same values as Liz Truss! Everyone knew back then Liz Truss was a disastrous choice except Luxon.

Enough for now.
    Just have a think about these things instead of the usual knee-jerk reaction.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    We have a PM who has been outstanding in terms of a creating a positive profile for New Zealand around the world, go anywhere overseas now & just see the affection for & how incredibly highly rated NZ is, esp for our tiny size & geographical insignificance.
    It's been a huge boost to our exporters & just being a Kiwi travelling overseas.
    I've spent the last 10 months outside of NZ, in several countries. I have not witnessed people overseas gushing over your Dear Leader as you claim. Most have never heard of her and can not name NZ's PM and quite a few that I spoke to actually laughed at her after her recent UN speech.
    But you enjoy your glorious Utopia for the few months it has left to run.

Guru

The 39c tax rate has only been here since April 2021. It was an envy tax. Nothing else. It raises bugger all and what it does raise is simply wasted by the current clowns in consulting fees and the like.

The normal knee jerk reaction by National haters and Jacinda fawners is to say "tax cuts for the rich".

Just have a think about that BS.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    The 39c tax rate has only been here since April 2021. It was an envy tax. Nothing else. It raises bugger all and what it does raise is simply wasted by the current clowns in consulting fees and the like.

The normal knee jerk reaction by National haters and Jacinda fawners is to say "tax cuts for the rich".

Just have a think about that BS.

The 180k threshold is huge (over and above the inflation rate from 70k).

The rate before 33% was 38%, which it is just returning to.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 21-10-2022 at 01:26 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    How quickly we forget!
    For the last almost 3 yhas been in the grips of a global pandemic which has already killed over 6 million people.
    No govt in living memory has had to navigate such a frightening & disruptive period.

You mean only 6 million have died from covid? That is actually quite a small number of people that have passed. Did you know in the last 3 years, globally about 185,000,000 people have died? That only 6 million have died from covid says how frightening it really is. Give or take covid has killed 3% of people that have died. The other 97% died from something else...

Legend

Oops! sorry. Posted on wrong thread - removed and now posted on 'Is NZ becoming more racially didvided'.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 22-10-2022 at 09:03 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I've spent the last 10 months outside of NZ, in several countries. I have not witnessed people overseas gushing over your Dear Leader as you claim. Most have never heard of her and can not name NZ's PM and quite a few that I spoke to actually laughed at her after her recent UN speech.
    But you enjoy your glorious Utopia for the few months it has left to run.
    NZ obviously appears low down on the radar for many people overseas, especially non-English speaking nations for whom Rugby or Cricket are very minor sports. Ardern had a very positive and relatively high profile (for a NZ PM) in the UK and Ireland (where I have many relations and friends) during the first year of the pandemic, when Bojo, especially, and the EU were seen as disorganised with mixed messages. Ardern's response to the Christhurch mosque terror received wide mostly positive attention too.

However my echo chambers may be different from yours
    Last edited by Bjauck; 22-10-2022 at 09:02 AM.