sharetrader
Page 844 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 3447447948348408418428438448458468478488548949441344 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,440 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    WHAT NZ needs is a doer, not a spin mistress and BS artist like Ardern.
    Lux deluxe intends to do nothing much though, except maybe outlaw abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    DOOOOOOH !, As you well know ALL of the left leaning govts around the world are liers, this one leads the rest in that , name one promise that they have made that we the population of N Z are proud of ?
    Well, we probably first need to define what you mean with "left leaning".

Donald Trump was (and is) a liar. But do you see him as left leaning?

Boris Johnson - probably the worst liar after Trump. Do you count him as left leaning? And what about Nigel Farage - he must be really left leaning, is he?

Vladimir Putin - a terrible liar "we will not attack Ukraine". He is left leaning as well, is he?

Hitler - well, lets not go to his lies about the Jews ... but are you sure to count him as left leaning as well?

But before you tell me about the "I did not had sex with this woman" coming from a politician I would call liberal ... lets clarify something else:

If you have a statistical relevant number of humans together, no matter where they stand in the political spectrum and whether they are religious (no matter which religion) or not, they will have some honest people as well as some liars in their midst.

As many liars on the right as on the left, though the examples above seem to demonstrate that right leaning people might be easier to blindside by really dishonest people and happy to follow them (just look at the Trump crowds) - no matter what. Is there less critical thinking on the right?

Anyway -

Lying is human (though apparently some animals are doing it as well) - and not confined to any particular group of humans.

If I look at the current Labour government - I give you that they didn't do a lot of the things they said they plan to do. Whether this was lying (which requires that they knew beforehand that they won't be able to do what they promised), or just plain incompetence ... I don't know. Most governments (left or right) don't do everything they promise, but I agree that this Labour government is special in this regard.

I agree as well that they did some things they didn't talk about which you could interpret as not being totally honest, but - is it lying? Nobody asked them whether they want to implement racist policies, whether they want to implement xenophobe policies and whether they want to steal infrastructure from local bodies - and so they didn't had to lie, didn't they?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

For all of Ardern’s grasps of details, she has not only failed to deliver for NZers, she has squandered tens of billions of dollars in wasteful spending while creating disasters in housing, education, heath-care and law & order.

WHAT NZ needs is a doer, not a spin mistress and BS artist like Ardern.
    NZ has 72 MP's Lets do away with 68 of them and think of the money we would save.

Luxon, Ardern, and Seymour, could then (depending on who is elected ) could then run the country on their own. Which is what you are continually stating with your repetitive posts.

westerly

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, we probably first need to define what you mean with "left leaning".

Donald Trump was (and is) a liar. But do you see him as left leaning?

Boris Johnson - probably the worst liar after Trump. Do you count him as left leaning? And what about Nigel Farage - he must be really left leaning, is he?

Vladimir Putin - a terrible liar "we will not attack Ukraine". He is left leaning as well, is he?

Hitler - well, lets not go to his lies about the Jews ... but are you sure to count him as left leaning as well?

But before you tell me about the "I did not had sex with this woman" coming from a politician I would call liberal ... lets clarify something else:

If you have a statistical relevant number of humans together, no matter where they stand in the political spectrum and whether they are religious (no matter which religion) or not, they will have some honest people as well as some liars in their midst.

As many liars on the right as on the left, though the examples above seem to demonstrate that right leaning people might be easier to blindside by really dishonest people and happy to follow them (just look at the Trump crowds) - no matter what. Is there less critical thinking on the right?

Anyway -

Lying is human (though apparently some animals are doing it as well) - and not confined to any particular group of humans.

If I look at the current Labour government - I give you that they didn't do a lot of the things they said they plan to do. Whether this was lying (which requires that they knew beforehand that they won't be able to do what they promised), or just plain incompetence ... I don't know. Most governments (left or right) don't do everything they promise, but I agree that this Labour government is special in this regard.

I agree as well that they did some things they didn't talk about which you could interpret as not being totally honest, but - is it lying? Nobody asked them whether they want to implement racist policies, whether they want to implement xenophobe policies and whether they want to steal infrastructure from local bodies - and so they didn't had to lie, didn't they?
    Holy heckaroos. A post from BP I agree with. Well said. Although I do tend to think Ardern and her cohort have lied plenty....."most clear and transparent government", while from day one being the exact opposite.

Advanced Member

The 2 Finns have got together.

The Finnish PM, and the shark and tattie NZ PM, who has almost met her finish.

Guru

The budget will be in surplus next year despite all the hand wringing about wasteful spending (with limited to no examples provided either).

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    The 2 Finns have got together.

The Finnish PM, and the shark and tattie NZ PM, who has almost met her finish.
    One is a party girl and the other is a lying girl.

Guess which one NZ has got?

Advanced Member

One is a party girl and the other is a lying girl.

Guess which one NZ has got?
    Yep, JaSpinner the Sinner has put a new meaning to the lie of the land!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    The budget will be in surplus next year despite all the hand wringing about wasteful spending (with limited to no examples provided either).
    Yeh, because they class student debt as an asset !!

Dilettante

What an absolute joke this country has become under this useless & unkind Government ;

“We are a family in CRISIS!
    We arrived from Hungary 6 years ago, under the Entrepreneur’s Visa, keen to set up a business
    and re-establish our Family in New Zealand.
    We have been successful in business:
    ⦁ The largest catering business on the Kapiti Coast, PartyPerfect.
    ⦁ A popular destination ANZIL Hungarian Restaurant.
    ⦁ Distribution of quality cheese and dried meats on local markets.
    All of these enterprises have been successful, achieved through hard work.
    These businesses all have a great reputations as well as being profitable.
    In addition, we have often used our various enterprises in support of local charities within the
    community.
    AND NOW THE BAD NEWS
    During the six years, we have attempted to negotiate towards ‘the light at the end of the tunnel’,
    NZ Residency.
    Unfortunately our dealings with the Immigration Department we have had a procession of 7 different case officers, each time taking us back to the start, answering the same set of questions. We have been lost in the labyrinth of Immigration.
    On November 28th (after 6 years) finally our Application for Residency was rejected and we were
    informed, that unless some new path was found we will have to exit New Zealand in 42 days.
    Our family are heart broken, we have worked hard, paid tax and we love this country, and this
    action is simply NOT FAIR.
    https://chng.it/bGbnWqGdFK
    Please sign this petition in of support of the battle for our Residency and prove that what we do is viable and needed,
    Ivett, Andras and their sons Andor, Szilard and Gergo”