sharetrader
Page 851 of 1433 FirstFirst ... 3517518018418478488498508518528538548558619019511351 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,510 of 14322
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    So, you agree she has lied about it and should resign?

My point about the Nats is that for 4 years or so they were an ineffectual opposition which let Labour's incompetency run riot. Luxon is still finding his feet. Doesn't mean he would be a poor PM. I certainly think he is more honest than the incumbent.
    I comment on part of your post and you draw a conclusion on the rest?
    Is that how you usually think?

Luxon like to be topical and makes stuff up as he goes, then changes his mind, then changes it again. You never know where you are with Luxon.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Luxon like to be topical and makes stuff up as he goes, then changes his mind, then changes it again. You never know where you are with Luxon.
    Then gets Nicolla Willis in to clarify a few things.

"What he meant was actually this..."

Advanced Member

Cinders can not lie low from her low lies!

https://youtu.be/rUdA54Xk8cg

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Then gets Nicolla Willis in to clarify a few things.

"What he meant was actually this..."
    They should just go for Willis - she seems far more with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Maximum Sentences are virtually never applied.
    Half of the max at best, then the crim only serves one third of that.

I never expected a Police spokesperson to publicly warn small shop workers there would be consequences if they arm themselves, then go on to make excuses for offenders such as dropping out of school, and not be able to afford shoes.

Serve and protect?

Swerve and deflect more like it!

Which PM has lead that change in attitude?

Can't afford shoes eh?
    In the Sandringham example will the defence lawyer say his client was high on expensive meth?

While this 501 was amassing his criminal record, how many times has a judge admonished him that it was time to reform his behaviour?

Future punishment regime for all crims.
    Two public floggings, then if third offence, bullet between the eyes, and off to the dog tucker factory.
    Obviously if first or second offences are serious, then straight to the bullet.
    No more parasite crims preying on the community.

No prisons.

Too Draconian?

Where has all our humanity towards crims got us?

Just a growth industry in crime.

And a lot of pain and suffering for victims.
    Care to tell us about just one real existing country which implemented the "justice system" as proposed by you where crime rates are lower than here and where any of us would want to live?

I see at least three problems with your argumentation:

1) Crooks are not distracted by harsh sentences, but by a high likelyhood to be caught.

2) States which are fast with killing so called crooks typically have the worst of them controlling government and police (like e.g. Iran, China).

3) Even in a Western style system like the US roughly 10% of people on death row are innocent of the crime they are convicted off (and at some stage, often after decades or post mortem explained innocent). No justice system is perfect. Do you want to volunteer for the dog tucker position if you are innocent? If not - why do you propose other people do so?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 05-12-2022 at 05:53 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Singapore shows the way when it comes to combating crime - you do the crime, you do the time as well as strikes of the rattan. You commit crimes where victims are severely harmed (like drugs offences), you hang.

No need to argue and debate too much about what’s right or wrong as long as the government provides properly for its citizens.

Victims first, criminals last.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I comment on part of your post and you draw a conclusion on the rest?
    Is that how you usually think?

You're about as evasive as Ardern. Did she lie? If not, how do you explain the conflicting information from herself and Mahuta? Should she and Mahuta resign?

First Kelvin Davis, then Mahuta and now, Willie Jackson.

Ardern’s Maori cabal showing her who are really in charge :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...rger-interview

Ardern is a puppet and nothing as far as the Maori cabal is concerned.
    Last edited by Balance; 06-12-2022 at 07:59 AM.

Tell me if I am wrong, I did not believe what I was hearing. Did Willie Jackson suggest live that Jack Tame could lose his job for his inappropriate line of questioning ?

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Tell me if I am wrong, I did not believe what I was hearing. Did Willie Jackson suggest live

that Jack Tame could lose his job for his inappropriate line of questioning ?
    Paywalled but the gist of the article is that Willie was way out of his depth and resorted to using threats to try & bully Jack Tame not to ask the difficult questions.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...NELKN5IBSYR6A/

Speaking about public support for the reforms, Jackson said that, “people like you” meaning Tame, were “of course … a bit disappointing” for not backing the bill - as if it were Tame’s job to support the Government’s current broadcasting policy.

He doubled down, when speaking to fears the legislation would not pass before the election.

“If you keep doing negative interviews like this, you won’t help Jack,” Jackson said.