sharetrader
Page 861 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 3617618118518578588598608618628638648658719119611361 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,610 of 14320
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Looks like a fair assessment to me. I guess the only thing I don't understand is ...

A number of posters on this thread kept telling us how unfair and biased the NZ media are towards the government.

Is this how a favorable critique looks like, or does this mean that maybe the media have got it right all the way?

To be honest, the Media starting to dig the scalpel deep into Labour is well overdue
    with what has happened over the past 12 months (akin to Clark's final months)

Why it took so long for the Media to wake up to what has been sitting infront
    of them in full view for so long defies comprehension.

They now appear to recognise the transparency for exactly what it is - that is a large
    bundle of Nothing with much spin, no leadership, no direction all poorly organised
    and hijacked by certain minorities which do not represent most Kiwi's, all in need
    of reining in hard, rather being allowed to run riot

And as for the party on receiving end of the long knife - the Media attacks will only deepen and
    become more frequent, invariably leading to the end of that Party's time in power

The media will be reading and assessing the state of the confidence levels around NZ.

Labour will not be so lucky in having as accurate readings up to their rapid demise
    and have now apparently crossed the crest of the hill, so all downwards now

It would be surprising if the downwards spiralling out of control would be survivable
    for a stretched Government of such poor talent quality.

The NZ Public have likely also had a guts full of the current shambles charading
    as a Government who are supposed to represent all and exhibit quality leadership
    rather than something approaching the exact opposite
    Last edited by nztx; 08-12-2022 at 03:59 PM.

Guru

Sigh - I guess they can't win, can they? They get beaten up when they do and when they don't.

Just interesting that the people who tend to be so keen on the freedom of speech (no matter how big the lie is they are supporting) have always a tendency to beat up the free press. No freedom of speech for the media? Food for thought.
    The media which ignores international context.

Ie hows the UK and US doing with crime, cost of living. This tiny island apparently operates its own bubble.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    The media which ignores international context.

Ie hows the UK and US doing with crime, cost of living. This tiny island apparently operates its own bubble.
    First inflation, now ram raids. All just global issues you say. I think not. The ram raids have nothing to do with cost of living increases either. It is all about a complete lack of respect for the law and for other people's property and livelihoods. Just scumbags that are no longer scared of the Police or any authority.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    First inflation, now ram raids. All just global issues you say. I think not. The ram raids have nothing to do with cost of living increases either. It is all about a complete lack of respect for the law and for other people's property and livelihoods. Just scumbags that are no longer scared of the Police or any authority.

Our little friend must be referring to a small bubble somewhere in a secluded Nelson location with no view outside
    and where little sunlight lands
    Last edited by nztx; 08-12-2022 at 04:17 PM.

I agree that the ram raides are a local issue, and clearly within the responsibility of the current government.

They didn't bother to put a fence at the top of the cliff (by preventing kids to get into this situation in the first place) and they don't bother about the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff (adjust youth justice system and give police appropriate rights) either. Little care as well for the life and property of our shop owners, maybe the problem is Labour giving such a bad example for our youth?

The causes of this drama have a lot to do with the long ongoing running down our education system as well as with neglecting family values, and while Labour contributed happily to this downturn, they are in my view not the only culprit in the room ;

Just saying - I don't think we fix this issue just by changing the government. We need to change society and reintroduce some old-fashioned values like
    Respect (for other people and their property) and
    Discipline (e.g. to get up in the morning and go to school).

If they then manage to teach the children as well to learn how to learn, than we are ready for the golden 60'ies (Remember - in the 60'ies was NZ the OECD country with the highest literacy- and a very low crime rate).

Unfortunately - neither throwing money at teachers (as Labour did) nor tomorrows schools (introduced as well by Labour) did anything to improve learning outcomes. Pity is just that National used their time to govern over the last handful of decades mainly to cut taxes and starve the school system instead of improving it and reintroducing values.

Lets hope they do it better next time ... but - is hope a good election strategy?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 08-12-2022 at 04:37 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

The breakdown in respect for our institutions like the police, courts, parliament, & science was directly correlated with the global pandemic. Not just here, but around the world.

The Parliamentary occupiers suddenly made the police look impotent, while they illegally put up tents & structures & trashed the grounds, the police had to stand off for days & when they did finally move in there was no respect for the police, they threw bricks at them.
    Next thing we have Destiny Church thumbing their noses at the law & police, blocking traffic on the Harbour Bridge, marching down motorways, taking over city streets with reving motor bikes. Again the police facing a bad choice or an even worse one (containment versus violent confrontation).
    And then there's the conspiracy wackos undermining trust in medicine & science.

So how do we expect the impressionable young & those on the edges of society to react after seeing what these people got away with.
    It was all predictable.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    The breakdown in respect for our institutions like the police, courts, parliament, & science was directly correlated with the global pandemic. Not just here, but around the world.

The Parliamentary occupiers suddenly made the police look impotent, while they illegally put up tents & structures & trashed the grounds, the police had to stand off for days & when they did finally move in there was no respect for the police, they threw bricks at them.
    Next thing we have Destiny Church thumbing their noses at the law & police, blocking traffic on the Harbour Bridge, marching down motorways, taking over city streets with reving motor bikes. Again the police facing a bad choice or an even worse one (containment versus violent confrontation).
    And then there's the conspiracy wackos undermining trust in medicine & science.

So how do we expect the impressionable young & those on the edges of society to react after seeing what these people got away with.
    It was all predictable.
    There is so much wrong with this post it is hard to know where to start.

1. Since when was science an institution?
    2. Idiot speaker and Ardern protector-in-chief Trevor Mallard trashed parliament grounds by turning on the sprinklers.
    3. I don't recall violent confrontation being associated with destiny church.
    4. Ardern's podium of truth did more to undermine trust in medicine and science than "conspiracy wackos".

I'm really thinking Blue Skies is part of Ardern's media PR team. The continual subtle unfounded associations and bending of the truth sound a lot like what comes out of the mouth of our liar-in-chief. At least you haven't spun privatisation of "water resources" into it, although sprinkler systems under Mallard's control weren't a good idea!

And so it begins - the writing is on the wall and we will see more choosing to jump, rather than be voted out and pushed by electors.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ff-understands

Dilettante

I agree that the ram raides are a local issue, and clearly within the responsibility of the current government.

They didn't bother to put a fence at the top of the cliff (by preventing kids to get into this situation in the first place) and they don't bother about the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff (adjust youth justice system and give police appropriate rights) either. Little care as well for the life and property of our shop owners, maybe the problem is Labour giving such a bad example for our youth?

The causes of this drama have a lot to do with the long ongoing running down our education system as well as with neglecting family values, and while Labour contributed happily to this downturn, they are in my view not the only culprit in the room ;

Just saying - I don't think we fix this issue just by changing the government. We need to change society and reintroduce some old-fashioned values like
    Respect (for other people and their property) and
    Discipline (e.g. to get up in the morning and go to school).

If they then manage to teach the children as well to learn how to learn, than we are ready for the golden 60'ies (Remember - in the 60'ies was NZ the OECD country with the highest literacy- and a very low crime rate).

Unfortunately - neither throwing money at teachers (as Labour did) nor tomorrows schools (introduced as well by Labour) did anything to improve learning outcomes. Pity is just that National used their time to govern over the last handful of decades mainly to cut taxes and starve the school system instead of improving it and reintroducing values.

Lets hope they do it better next time ... but - is hope a good election strategy?
    We are on the same page here. My wife and I came to this conclusion quite some time ago with her witnessing first hand as a teacher, the complete breakdown in family structures and society in general and the effect this is having in the schools. The primary school teachers have basically become social workers feeding the kids (many completely out of control) and worrying more about cultural issues than reading, writing and maths. A very sad state of affairs.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And so it begins - the writing is on the wall and we will see more choosing to jump, rather than be voted out and pushed by electors.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ff-understands
    What a stupid headline. He "intends to resign from Parliament at the next election". No he doesn't. His term will be over and he does not intend to stand again.