sharetrader
Page 9 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319591095091009 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    You have to acknowledge Chris Trotter, who can only be described as a "True Leftie", isn't shy on calling BS when he sees it. He is to be congratulated for his consistency.
    Coming up a stage in NZ where free speech and a person’s ability to comment is now determined by whether you abide by the decisions of the government - you are not allowed to criticise irrespective of how bad and awful the outcomes - potential & actual.

This is the NZ we want? A nation of sheep to be led to the slaughter house?

One thing for sure - future generations are going to be paying big time for the incompetence and cynicism of Cindy’s government of incompetents.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-11-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Maori don’t think government has delivered to them whether it is National or Labour. The stats show that Maori are disadvantaged in health, education, employment. Institutionalised racism is common, by government departments as well as by government itself.
    Kiwi's (not just maori) think they are over represented in all the statistics you mention.That includes unemployment. Why do they have such high unemployment numbers, given the huge economic clout they have achieved through Waitangi settlements in the last 3 decades ? I recall, when they were handed 50% of Sealords, maori saying this would be a great opportunity for them to increase the numbers of maori working in the fishing industry. Yet Sealord bought a brand new vessel last year and can not crew it. I had lunch on it some months ago and saw only 1 or 2 maoris in the crew. Most were philippinos
    Last edited by iceman; 04-11-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Careful, iceman - you are not allowed to criticise the Maoris as they are untouchables these days.

If they choose to stay on the benefit instead of working on their fishing trawlers, it’s their culture and therefore, their right.

If they decide to hoard the billions of dollars now under their management and control for their own benefit, but allow their maraes to fall into disrepair to be fixed by $100m of hand out - it’s their culture and their right.

You must not criticise because you, by definition if you are not Maori, is a racist when you dare to criticise.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-11-2020 at 08:18 AM.

More from Chris Trotter, calling a spade a spade:

If Ardern is serious about wanting to govern for “all New Zealanders”, then this Cabinet doesn’t offer much in the way of help.

Portfolios like Foreign Affairs and Justice are critical to explaining important changes in the level of security New Zealanders can expect to enjoy both at home and abroad.

The people she has made responsible for these crucial communications are simply not up to it.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Careful, iceman - you are not allowed to criticise the Maoris as they are untouchables these days.
    Careful. You are not supposed to speak of Maoris in English. It offends some PC types. You are supposed to use the Maori plural, which does not have the S. It is offensive to speak English. I am a constant offender, but I have special permission - self granted.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Careful. You are not supposed to speak of Maoris in English. It offends some PC types. You are supposed to use the Maori plural, which does not have the S. It is offensive to speak English. I am a constant offender, but I have special permission - self granted.
    Thanks, fp - I better follow suit and grant meself (or myself) special permission then too!

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    She is obviously not lazy. No cabinet minister is lazy, they have a huge workload and if she had been lazy in the last term she would not have been reappointed as a minister again.
    Seriously??????

You forget David Clark & Phil Twyford, and of course Lees Galloway.

Cindy clearly appoints based upon their usefulness to her cynical agenda - not based upon merit or hardwork.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Thanks, fp - I better follow suit and grant meself (or myself) special permission then too!
    Good. I will second that for you, and any other NZ'er who possesses a little bit of common sense.

Dilettante

No doubt we will see more of this sort of **** now, under a Government that has on its agenda to stifle free speech. I do not agree with the author's comments as reported in the article but she should be totally free to voice her views. This is scary. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/author...ADJW43Z3FPMEE/

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No doubt we will see more of this sort of **** now, under a Government that has on its agenda to stifle free speech. I do not agree with the author's comments as reported in the article but she should be totally free to voice her views. This is scary. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/author...ADJW43Z3FPMEE/
    Well, I agree with you and also with the author's comments. I find facial tatts ugly, and should be allowed to say so. In fact I find all tatts ugly, particularly on face and around neck. There you go - I've said it.