sharetrader
Page 932 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 4328328829229289299309319329339349359369429821032 ... LastLast
Results 9,311 to 9,320 of 14320

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    If Labour thinks it can coast on the "Covid Election" result, well good luck with that.

What has changed? Ardern has gone. What else. The rest of the cabinet were on board with every incompetent and dishonest thing they did.

5 Waters

Co-governance (Hipkins is now saying it's not clear what that even means)

Immigration ballsup

Housing failure

Health Sector disaster

TVNZ/RNZ merger

Light Rail

Polytech cockup

It's a long list, and Hipkins was along for the ride on all of it.
    Untill now every one of those so called failures mentioned has been the fault of the previous PM. No one else had any input. Why the change?

westerly

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Untill now every one of those so called failures mentioned has been the fault of the previous PM. No one else had any input. Why the change?

westerly
    Ardern presided over them. Her failure to curtail them proves others had input....most prominent among them....the Maori caucus. Did Chippie just sit in the corner and nod? Perhaps he should be called Noddy Hipkins instead.

Hipkins was in the inner circle. He has his fingerprints all over the misinformation/disinformation producing utterances from Ardern. He has been at the centre of the "most transparent government" lie. The cynical nature of Ardern banging on about misinformation while she was at the forefront of spreading it, is part of what caught up with her. People saw through the BS. Alongside her all this time, nodding away....Noddy Hipkins.

Why the hell should we trust him? He is as tainted as Ardern.

Advanced Member

Ardern presided over them. Her failure to curtail them proves others had input....most prominent among them....the Maori caucus. Did Chippie just sit in the corner and nod? Perhaps he should be called Noddy Hipkins instead.

Hipkins was in the inner circle. He has his fingerprints all over the misinformation/disinformation producing utterances from Ardern. He has been at the centre of the "most transparent government" lie. The cynical nature of Ardern banging on about misinformation while she was at the forefront of spreading it, is part of what caught up with her. People saw through the BS. Alongside her all this time, nodding away....Noddy Hipkins.

It sound like you're not aware (& apologies if you did already know) but it was the National govt which brought in Co-governance arrangements of several resources during their last term in govt.
    For example the Waikato River Authority created in 2010 under National & there are others.
    Curious why you & others weren't so vocal about these at the time if you object so strongly to the arrangement ?

https://www.equaljusticeproject.co.n...ooperation2022

Guru

It depends on the circumstances. If it is part of a previous Treaty settlement I guess we are stuck with it. I personally thought giving the Whanganui river personhood status was a serious blot on Chris Finlayson's generally fine record.

Ardern and Hipkins et al hid He Puapua from Winston and have tried to implement it by stealth, as is their clear and transparent way. He is as untrustworthy as Ardern, as is the rest of the Labour cabinet. They have forgotten that they are there to serve the NZ public, not dictate to it.

I'm looking forward to the internal stoush coming between Hipkins and the Maori caucus. Another Seabed and Foreshore implosion coming? Or will Mahuta back off and wait for re-election to continue her Tainui takeover?

Dilettante

No he did not just sit back. They called him Mr Fix-it remember. What exactly did he ever fix ? He most certainly has been part of the influential inner circle of this Government for 5 years and his achievements are few and far between. In fact I can not think of any.

Legend

WTF - Did I hear right on TV tonight ?

A 36% Increase in Road User Charges from 31 January 2023

Flowing through into everything, including Groceries ?

Let's see how well that goes down up & down the country flowing into almost
    every other price structure, with People already struggling to get by out there

Chances of Pay Rise to fill the gap in near future ?

If things get sticky - it might be think again
    Last edited by nztx; 23-01-2023 at 10:53 PM.

Advanced Member

I hope I can retrain the predictive text on my phone.

Everytime I type capital C, it gives me Cinders, instead of Chippie...
    Last edited by Getty; 24-01-2023 at 03:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Guru

Sean Plunkett on the creation of the martyrdom of Ardern myth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8YSpg_2hDU

Says it all really.

Legend

It's starting to show signs of getting Bumpy:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...B4MGDUNMG7ER4/

Auckland most gloomy as regional confidence dives on cost of living, interest rates

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...IGX5N5GDNIQAQ/

Up to 90 jobs to go at MediaWorks, staff told in email today

Legend

More Reports of extent of Wastage:

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/c...ssed-1-billion

Hotel bill for MIQ surpassed $1 billion