Looking for any advice when it comes to investing and timing the market.

We are a youngish couple 29,28 and have a reasonable amount of cash on hand as well as kiwisaver (200k). We also have around 20k worth of shares that I purchased a number of years ago (CNU,TLT, NPH).

We have been looking at buying our first home but this market is putting me off. I have recently read a short history of financial euphoria and this market (shares + property) is displaying all the same symptoms as historical bubbles. Some of these include euphoria, short memory of history (2008 for example), association of intelligence with making money and a new financial instrument which in this case is RBNZ LSAP.

We are in relatively recession proof jobs with combined incomes of just under 200k annually. No kids yet.

We are renting a house for super low rent in our area.

My question is what would you do if you were in our position? Just dive in a purchase a 3 bdrm house for 650k+? or wait and see if you could catch the market at a better point.

Also interested in commercial property in the future so if anybody has any books they can point me towards that would be great.

Thanks