sharetrader
Page 31 of 103 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Banned

I've been pondering getting into this one. One thing I am questioning is why there is such a large price difference between the asx and the nzx listing? Its around 1.76 NZD on the asx and 1.84 NZD on the nzx... Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
    I've been pondering getting into this one. One thing I am questioning is why there is such a large price difference between the asx and the nzx listing? Its around 1.76 NZD on the asx and 1.84 NZD on the nzx... Am I missing something?
    I noticed that too. I'd buy where it's cheapest.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
    Aye there will be times when the prices diverge when the stock is illiquid. The spread on the FX is always a bit sharp and never near as cheap as it looks using the spot rates.

For some stocks liquidity often transfers to one exchange so depending on parcel size and aspirations for future liquidity is a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Aye there will be times when the prices diverge when the stock is illiquid. The spread on the FX is always a bit sharp and never near as cheap as it looks using the spot rates.

For some stocks liquidity often transfers to one exchange so depending on parcel size and aspirations for future liquidity is a consideration.
    Yes but it's easy to transfer your holdings to the nzx or vica versa

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    Yes but it's easy to transfer your holdings to the nzx or vica versa
    you know i've never actually done that before - how do you actually do it? go to the registry or write to the company secretary?

Harmoney floated at 4.4 times income (based on pro-forma FY20 revenues of $86.8m)

After a down year in FY21 they are on track for FY22 revenues >$92m (not much growth since FY20 is it)

If still valued at IPO multiples share price would be over $4 today

Gives one some hope for big wins eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

So Harmoney currently trading at about 2 times income

Heartland call themselves a fintech - they trading at 4.4 times income

even more hope in big gains from holding HMY --- 5 bucks next year
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

What will it take to see SP increasing? I thought yesterdays announcement was pretty damn good but it barely made a dent. I wonder if the Harmoney name/brand hurts them a little bit as most people probably associate that name with P2P lending and it's failure to catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    What will it take to see SP increasing? I thought yesterdays announcement was pretty damn good but it barely made a dent. I wonder if the Harmoney name/brand hurts them a little bit as most people probably associate that name with P2P lending and it's failure to catch on.
    I also find the name confusing. Harmoney makes me think about Harmoney homes.
    Why not name the company in a way that explains what the business relates to.
    Maybe as simple as Loans on Line. LoL

DFABPCLMB

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    I wonder if the Harmoney name/brand hurts them a little bit as most people probably associate that name with P2P lending and it's failure to catch on.
    Despite having seen the ads on TV, I never knew about the P2P lending until I read about it here. I know I'm only 1 person but maybe it's not a big factor? Instead when I see the ads on TV I immediately think budget/cheap.