sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANZ dividends

Default ANZ dividends

Does anyone get any update for ANZ’s dividends from computer share or ASB? I bought ANZ share via ASB and Shareies. Got an email from Shareies, shows me how much dividends I will get on 16 Dec, but nothing from ASB or computer share. I bought the ANZ share in September. Feel a little bit confused.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Fear not c4.
    Assuming you have registered with ANZ's NZ share registry and they have an email address for you and the send me stuff electronically box is ticked then come the glorious 16th you will get an email telling you the dividend statement is available online.
    Even if you do not get said email you can still log in to the share registry and find the statement.

ASB will not be involved in this process.

om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Fear not c4.
    Assuming you have registered with ANZ's NZ share registry and they have an email address for you and the send me stuff electronically box is ticked then come the glorious 16th you will get an email telling you the dividend statement is available online.
    Even if you do not get said email you can still log in to the share registry and find the statement.

I did not get any email from them, also I cannot find the dividends on computershare website. I only get an email from them, regarding the upcoming meeting in Dec. I bought ANZ share in September. Did you purchase ANZ share via ASB bank as well? Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CCcc View Post
    I did not get any email from them, also I cannot find the dividends on computershare website. I only get an email from them, regarding the upcoming meeting in Dec. I bought ANZ share in September. Did you purchase ANZ share via ASB bank as well? Thanks a lot.
    Its not normal for companies to explicitly advise you of the dividend dollars you will receive. What they do is announce the dividend to the exchange (or exchanges for stocks listed on more than one exchange like ANZ is). ANZ's most recent announcement to NZX is below on the 29th Oct.
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/ANZ/announcements
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...193/333833.pdf

If you have supplied the share registry (computershare) details, they will email with a link to the dividend statement when it is paid. If they don't have your correct email details, you may get postal notification of the dividend. Its best to log into computershare and ensure they have both your email and bank account before the dividend is paid.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Fear not c4.

Note the future tense and reference to the 16th (of December).

On the 16th December your dividend statement will be available on the share registry website, but not before.
    It will tell you how many NZD you get and how tax as been deducted.
    om mani peme hum

Last year I bought ANZ shares through Direct Broking/NZX.
    My expected dividend didn't turn up, so I looked into it a bit further.
    Although my holding, bank details and payment instructions are all correct in Computershare, it seems I needed to also advise ANZ through their investor page. So I did that and my payment arrived shortly afterwards. And I now get confirmation emails from ANZ as well as CS.
    It could all be different for you as you purchased through Sharesies. Have you asked them?

Sharesies email you to say there is an upcoming dividend, and once past the ex date it shows the dollar amount in the investment activity of the stock . Sounds like you need to do as Grimly mentioned.

My sharesies has allocated the dividend to me, tells me how much to expect and that it will pay on the 16th of December etc.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    Last year I bought ANZ shares through Direct Broking/NZX.
    My expected dividend didn't turn up, so I looked into it a bit further.
    Although my holding, bank details and payment instructions are all correct in Computershare, it seems I needed to also advise ANZ through their investor page. So I did that and my payment arrived shortly afterwards. And I now get confirmation emails from ANZ as well as CS.
    It could all be different for you as you purchased through Sharesies. Have you asked them?
    Thanks a lot. I will do this shortly.

Guru

hit 25 dollars this week. big increases early in the reflation cycle and really we did not expect our positions from last year to be recovered this quickly.