sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Default Which portfolio tracking software do you use?

For almost 20 years have been using fund manager https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/. Which is a fantastic program, that downloads prices daily from yahoo.

However am thinking of moving to 100% apple computers, and they do not have a version for mac.
    Does anyone know of any similar products that work on apples operating system?. Alternatively will have to subscribe to parallels.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    For almost 20 years have been using fund manager https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/. Which is a fantastic program, that downloads prices daily from yahoo.

However am thinking of moving to 100% apple computers, and they do not have a version for mac.
    Does anyone know of any similar products that work on apples operating system?. Alternatively will have to subscribe to parallels.
    Have you ruled out the online Sharesight?

BTW I made the move to Apple computers just over a year ago as our phones and tablets were apple too. I do not regret it.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 21-11-2020 at 06:57 AM.

A possible option for you should you want to keep using your fundmanager is to run windows on your mac - you just decide whether you want to boot up onto the apple platform or the windows platform at startup.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Have you ruled out the online Sharesight?

BTW I made the move to Apple computers just over a year ago as our phones and tablets were apple too. I do not regret it.
    Will have a look at the sharesight trial. Is it bootcamp I would use to startup windows?

Advanced Member

Because of the limitations of Direct Broking, I started using Yahoo Finance after the demise of Google Finance.
    It i s good to reflect ones actual portfolio, and good to maintain multiple portfolios in......but has no real notion of transactions.
    Google finance was pretty good.

Guru

Will have a look at the sharesight trial. Is it bootcamp I would use to startup windows?
    I think so. I have never used it though. https://support.apple.com/en-nz/boot-camp

Yes - bootcamp

Just ensure that when you configure the system initially that you allocate a generous portion of the available diskspace to the operating system that will require the most storage space. I didn't and now have spare capacity on the hard drive that will never really be used. Hasn't really been a problem as I now store/backup most of my files on the cloud (eg Movie clips, photos etc etc) and only have my excel spreadsheets etc for share trading on the local drive.