sharetrader
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I got the same error

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I suppose my $2.50 worth of shares is not in their high priority list of clients to switch over- I use them only to invest on behalf of my children, so infrequent and not too much funds at present
    You might be the ideal guinea pig.....not to much to lose.
    I am waiting with interest/intrepidation for my invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Ditto. I've pointed this out and they have responded by saying it's a beta release and wip. The more feedback they get then the more inclined they will be to ask their customers what they really need.
    I don't need anything other than what I have now that works fine on a smart phone.
    Thanks for that. I will wait for the gamma release or maybe the zeta release. There is nothing that pisses me off more than spotty faced computer programmers strait out of high school that have absolutely no idea how to write simple user friendly software that meets the needs of users. (I will never forget the windows 8 debacle )
    Last edited by Brain; 25-11-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    ….There is nothing that pisses me off more than spotty faced computer programmers strait out of high school that have absolutely no idea how to write simple user friendly software that meets the needs of users. ….
    I have found that the best software isn't written by software developers, but by the actual users. In most companies there are people who have learnt basic coding in all sorts of jobs unrelated to IT or software. Get those people to write the algorithms and draw up what the front end should look like, then pass it to the software developers to add the java script and sql queries etc. to end up with a winning product.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Thanks for that. I will wait for the gamma release or maybe the zeta release. There is nothing that pisses me off more than spotty faced computer programmers strait out of high school that have absolutely no idea how to write simple user friendly software that meets the needs of users. (I will never forget the windows 8 debacle )
    I've been a victim of major software upgrades in previous lives and I ain't going there again in a rush.

I hope DB don't have me in their sights as an early adopter 'cos I wont be accepting the invitation to update (nearly wrote "upgrade") until there are heaps of happy users on ST praising the new system for its clarity, fabulous functionality and ease of use. I suspect that is some distance away - most likely sometime in 2022!

I'm not a cynic - just a realist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    I have found that the best software isn't written by software developers, but by the actual users. In most companies there are people who have learnt basic coding in all sorts of jobs unrelated to IT or software. Get those people to write the algorithms and draw up what the front end should look like, then pass it to the software developers to add the java script and sql queries etc. to end up with a winning product.
    I totally agree with that Jantar

Well they were polite and quick to reply to my complaints so if they are offered constructive criticism and examples of shortcomings then the quicker it will be knocked in to shape. They did request feedback. After all they'll want to keep people trading through them.
    For the time being I'm sticking with the DB website because the new platform degrades my experience.

Can't get mine to work, error message or opps !

Not impressed so far obviously

"Something Went Wrong We've hit an error we didn’t expect. Sorry about that."

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Well they were polite and quick to reply to my complaints so if they are offered constructive criticism and examples of shortcomings then the quicker it will be knocked in to shape. They did request feedback. After all they'll want to keep people trading through them.
    For the time being I'm sticking with the DB website because the new platform degrades my experience.
    But this is 2020 not 1990. I expect the software guys to do their job and produce software that will amaze and astound us not half baked solutions that need to be knocked into shape.

Guru

Seems to me that when we get the invite to join we just reply "No Thank You".