sharetrader
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Works perfectly for me; chrome on win10 and Android. Going to take some getting used to, but I like the single screen views and the autologin. Would like
    - the charting tools back and
    - an ability to change the default security chart timeframe from a year to something else and
    - an easier way to view market announcements
    Last edited by haewai; 25-11-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Biggest bugbear for me with the new platform is how much space each stock now occupies my Watchlist. On the previous platform, I could see them listed all in one page, with their respective changes, high, low etc. Now I have to scroll down the page because each stock takes up around a quarter of the screen.

Haven't tried zooming my page out, but I doubt I'll get all 25 stocks to show up on one page that is easy to read and see how they're all tracking.

Some of the market insight tools are handy, but from my perspective, the bright, shiny, sexy user interface isn't my cup of tea. Has a whole bunch of bells of whistles, but doesn't meet my usability requirements. Sometimes you just want the basics. Maybe I'm just old-school.

Will be staying on the old platform for as long as I can.

Ditto. I've pointed this out and they have responded by saying it's a beta release and wip. The more feedback they get then the more inclined they will be to ask their customers what they really need.
    I don't need anything other than what I have now that works fine on a smart phone.

Unable to log in. Anyone else getting this error message? Windows 10, tried Opera, Chrome, Edge. All the same.

{"exception":{"id":400,"type":"Bad input","message":"Your profile does not exist (auth0|5fbca5bb7907f8006f141cec) and cannot be automatically created because auto profile creation does not support your profile's identity prefix when using an oauth identity. Please contact an administrator to create your profile or use an oauth identity with one of the following prefixes: 'waad|'","title":"Validation Exception","language":{"name":"English","alternate Name":"en-GB"}}}
    Last edited by Drew95; 25-11-2020 at 11:13 AM. Reason: URL too long
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Under the watch list name if you select 'today' instead of the default 'history' it condenses the list however not as compact as the old version.

If some of the layout options would persist/save as a preference that would be good as you can fiddle around enlarging charts on the quote page for example. Editing the order of the watch list does not seem to work at this stage for me.

Any one know if you can access the platform on their apps or are they only for their KS clients?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew95 View Post
    Unable to log in. Anyone else getting this error message? Windows 10, tried Opera, Chrome, Edge. All the same.

{"exception":{"id":400,"type":"Bad input","message":"Your profile does not exist (auth0|5fbca5bb7907f8006f141cec) and cannot be automatically created because auto profile creation does not support your profile's identity prefix when using an oauth identity. Please contact an administrator to create your profile or use an oauth identity with one of the following prefixes: 'waad|'","title":"Validation Exception","language":{"name":"English","alternate Name":"en-GB"}}}
    i got the same error last night. this is the reply i got from their helpdesk, which solved my issue.

"This will happen when the migration is not complete as the terms and conditions haven’t been applied for Jarden Direct.
    Go back to directbroking.co.nz, click the tile again, confirm your identity again, login using the login they just created, then you should see the t&c's page.
    Then once this step is complete it will take you through to Jarden Direct."

I got this Errors.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null

My concern is that seems you can't setup alerts as in the old one. Anyways just the first day, surely there is a lot to learn of it.

I suppose my $2.50 worth of shares is not in their high priority list of clients to switch over- I use them only to invest on behalf of my children, so infrequent and not too much funds at present

Click the 'Edit' button in your Watchlists page, the alerts are in there.
    What I can't seem to find though, is any way to change my login password should I wish to do so.