sharetrader
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Ditto. I've pointed this out and they have responded by saying it's a beta release and wip. The more feedback they get then the more inclined they will be to ask their customers what they really need.
    I don't need anything other than what I have now that works fine on a smart phone.
    So, if it is a beta release then is should be run as a beta programme by getting some volunteer users to test the GUI and functionality for the purpose of providing usability feedback. They should get a selection of 'friendly' clients who are cross-platform users so that all types of operating systems and applications can be tested for compatibility. Most of this can be done in the lab but there's nothing like a bit of live environment testing as well. This is quite basic stuff to be honest. It shouldn't be rolled out to clients until it is a final production release.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Seems to me that when we get the invite to join we just reply "No Thank You".
    ....and look for an alternative. They won’t want to support two platforms forever.

I haven’t seen it yet....but am hoping they have not tried to reinvent the wheel. There are several platforms out there already which provide what I need from an info perspective, Yahoo Finance is pretty good and very configurable, although lacking transactional ability. Google Finance was pretty decent until discontinued. They just needed to mimic one of those, effectively tapping into years of development of what users want/need.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I've been a victim of major software upgrades in previous lives and I ain't going there again in a rush.

I hope DB don't have me in their sights as an early adopter 'cos I wont be accepting the invitation to update (nearly wrote "upgrade") until there are heaps of happy users on ST praising the new system for its clarity, fabulous functionality and ease of use. I suspect that is some distance away - most likely sometime in 2022!

I'm not a cynic - just a realist.
    Do you get paid to be their tester? From some of the faults people are reporting seems to be a bit early for consumer testing and should have had more testing in-house.

.....ive just changed over and what a frikn appalling site! After the simplicity that was Direct Broking which worked so well in every respect now we have to somehow navigate around this clumsy rubbish. Im p"#5sed of that we are yet again being put through another unnecesary change over. Thinking hard about cancelling my account entirely. NOT a gr8day.
    Have a Gr8day.

Yep that's exactly what I told them.
    The more people who email feedback to them the better. I won't use it. It's hideous on a mobile device.
    Did anyone asked for this ?.

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    It's hideous on a mobile device.
    Yes I was away from home for a few days and they shoved it in my face on the Iphone jeez I couldnt work with it - anyway I wasnt planning on doing anything other than monitoring but was annoying.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I havent heard anything yet, still using the old Direct Broking site. Maybe they are going to get rid of the kinks before they switch me over.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Thanks for that. I will wait for the gamma release or maybe the zeta release. There is nothing that pisses me off more than spotty faced computer programmers strait out of high school that have absolutely no idea how to write simple user friendly software that meets the needs of users. (I will never forget the windows 8 debacle )
    I'd be very surprised if many organisations are still doing this. These days, you will have someone else who acts as a conduit between the customers/users and the developers. They will use a range of tools to elicit requirements and to finalize the design of the UI (user interface) including drawing up functioning mock-ups.

The issue I tend to encounter these days is more around people's appetite to throw in unnecessary widgets and 'cool' aesthetic designs; resulting in screens with too much information and users just get overwhelmed.

UI design should be usage-centred. Supporting users with the specific tasks they want to accomplish in the quickest and easiest way.

My 2c anyways...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by metalstorm View Post
    I'd be very surprised if many organisations are still doing this. These days, you will have someone else who acts as a conduit between the customers/users and the developers. They will use a range of tools to elicit requirements and to finalize the design of the UI (user interface) including drawing up functioning mock-ups.

The issue I tend to encounter these days is more around people's appetite to throw in unnecessary widgets and 'cool' aesthetic designs; resulting in screens with too much information and users just get overwhelmed.

UI design should be usage-centred. Supporting users with the specific tasks they want to accomplish in the quickest and easiest way.

My 2c anyways...
    Funny how companies like betfair can design an app that can take thousands off you in seconds .... but these guys ........

Yep way to busy... I just want to see all my holdings with current value and same with watch list. The table direct broker had was simple and had all I needed... 3/10