sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default 2021 - The year in review

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...LSPG3IZ6RXNKA/

Feel like you've had a tough year in more ways than one ? You're not alone. The NZX50 is down a few percent year to date and for Aucklanders the lockdown has been absolutely brutal. Worst year on the market for the index in more than a decade.

Is anyone thinking of putting their hand up to run the 2022 share picking competition ? I would if I had the IT skills.

Prospects for 2022 ? I'm not especially positive to be honest. Probably more of the same with inflation staying stubbornly high. interest rates higher, supply chain challenges enduring and more Covid variants raising their ugly head. If we're lucky we might see the NZX50 eek out a high single digit return next year.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-12-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Hi all...Much as I hate not to do this, I probably won't put my hand up for the 2022 picks organisation :-(. I love doing it, but have not been able to put the time into it that I expected. Quite happy to support others though. Sorry to let everyone down like this...

Totally understandable Oliver with all your new responsibilities. A huge thank you on behalf of all of us for the enormous amount of time and effort you have put in to run the competition for so many years which has been a lot of fun for everyone. I would run it myself but old dogs with little to no IT skills are better to spend their time of sniffing out bargains and trouble and barking about them on here. I might try and conjure up a special bark for my 20,000th post soon.

NZX50 inclusive of all dividends down 4.4% year to date. Wow ! https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...dnesdays-gains
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-12-2021 at 07:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...LSPG3IZ6RXNKA/

Feel like you've had a tough year in more ways than one ? You're not alone. The NZX50 is down a few percent year to date and for Aucklanders the lockdown has been absolutely brutal. Worst year on the market for the index in more than a decade.

Is anyone thinking of putting their hand up to run the 2022 share picking competition ? I would if I had the IT skills.

Prospects for 2022 ? I'm not especially positive to be honest. Probably more of the same with inflation staying stubbornly high. interest rates higher, supply chain challenges enduring and more Covid variants raising their ugly head. If we're lucky we might see the NZX50 eek out a high single digit return next year.
    It's always darkest before the dawn. 2022 is going to be a smashing year. By the end of next year no one will be talking about covid, tourism will be ramping up, NZX50 will be up 20%, we will all be much richer and the Labour government will be hitting their stride mid-term pushing through social reform.

What are you smoking and where can I get some?

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    It's always darkest before the dawn. 2022 is going to be a smashing year. By the end of next year no one will be talking about covid, tourism will be ramping up, NZX50 will be up 20%, we will all be much richer and the Labour government will be hitting their stride mid-term pushing through social reform.
    Has somebody has been quaffing the brandy before it gets into the Christmas plum pudding

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post

I'll third that too

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    The excitement builds..
    Bring it on..