Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    Interesting portfolio at the top of the table:

Attachment 12485

Refer post #70

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    Interesting portfolio at the top of the table:

Attachment 12485
    Mark Malpass, CEO of Steel and Tube, will be pretty happy with that. Suspect that diversification might still be the better option in the long run...

... have power to make you great

The nz herald headline reads "What makes women better investors than men"

Paywalled:
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/personal-...ectid=12441165

My immediate instinct was 'yeah sure!... sexist'. I have not read the article yet so dont know whats their reasoning.

Sorry this is off-topic, but I thought as you all are competing for the best return you will have insight on this. Girls will beat the boys?
    Last edited by Habits; 12-05-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    Interesting that NZX50 has dropped by 5.1% so far this year but 250 odd out of 360 are better than the market. I found when I was a fund manager that it actually came down to people. You can out-perform passive in NZ(and elsewhere IMO). The bulk of the studies do not serve NZ market well. However the gatekeepers like to believe the consultants because the gatekeepers generally have no clue and want to be able to defend either themselves or their distribution channels.
    Now 225/360 still outperforming market, this is going to be interesting, you could almost make a study out of this. There have always been suspicions that in the NZ market you can outperform index funds which isn't(or at least from my out of date study) the international research conclusion. HINT HINT to any money and finance undergrads or postgrads might be a decent ready made study right here.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    Now 225/360 still outperforming market, this is going to be interesting, you could almost make a study out of this. There have always been suspicions that in the NZ market you can outperform index funds which isn't(or at least from my out of date study) the international research conclusion. HINT HINT to any money and finance undergrads or postgrads might be a decent ready made study right here.
    wouldn’t surprise me, there is little decent media coverage of many stocks (outside the large caps) listed on NZX, and large amount of investors take a long time (if ever) to become aware of relevant developments. As such it often takes days/weeks for significant fundamental changes in listed businesses to be fully priced in to share prices (sometimes even it’s months until the earnings release).

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

bit of an update up there now - 6 month review!
    will be more regular for the second half of the year...

percy

I can not remember where to find the competition.?

Hey Percy,
    I got a personalized link to the sharesight competition sent to me on 5 January 2021 so check your inbox on that date and hit the link and it should take you to the competition and highlight your current position. You're currently 67th out of 360...top quartile position, you're doing well and I would has at a guess much better in your real portfolio
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hey Percy,
    I got a personalized link to the sharesight competition sent to me on 5 January 2021 so check your inbox on that date and hit the link and it should take you to the competition and highlight your current position. You're currently 67th out of 360...top quartile position, you're doing well and I would has at a guess much better in your real portfolio
    Ha ha.
    Thanks.
    How do you check your inbox going back months.
    Yes I think I filed it somewhere.
    But where.?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hey Percy,
    Ha ha.
    Thanks.
    How do you check your inbox going back months.
    Yes I think I filed it somewhere.
    But where.?
    Easy as ..Found it under my own name...
    Thanks knowing the date made it easy.