sharetrader
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast
    Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Airw0lf View Post
    Yes this is exactly the kind of thing I meant. And no bank ever sets your balances to zero during maintenance!

No, the banks don't, but I have had that happen to me with other financial services companies' portfolio management and custody platforms and systems.

In some cases, the balances are zero and all the holdings vanished. They come back at the end of the maintenance window, but it's bl**dy disconcerting the first (and second) times it happens.

Simply several strands of inadequate management coming together to p*ss the customer off. Sadly, the norm. . .
    Last edited by GTM 3442; 16-09-2023 at 08:04 AM.

Sharesies report the top ten buys for the week like Jarden do.

Bit disappointing the list... was hoping to see the cannabis companies and MFB.

1) Smartshares US500 ETF
    2) Smartshares NZ Top 50 ETF
    3) Smartshares Australian Top 20 ETF
    4) Smartshares Europe ETF
    5) Smartshares Asia Pacifc ETF
    6) Pathfinder Global Responsibility Fund
    7) Smartshares Emerging Markets ETF
    8) Pathfinder Global Water Fund
    9) Mercer Ethical Leaders NZ Shares Fund
    10) Pathfinder Global Property Fund

Sharesies investors believe in dollar cost averaging and time in the market. I see it posted a lot on the facebook investing groups.
    Last edited by Rawz; 18-12-2023 at 08:31 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Sharesies report the top ten buys for the week like Jarden do.

Bit disappointing the list... was hoping to see the cannabis companies and MFB.

1) Smartshares US500 ETF
    2) Smartshares NZ Top 50 ETF
    3) Smartshares Australian Top 20 ETF
    4) Smartshares Europe ETF
    5) Smartshares Asia Pacifc ETF
    6) Pathfinder Global Responsibility Fund
    7) Smartshares Emerging Markets ETF
    8) Pathfinder Global Water Fund
    9) Mercer Ethical Leaders NZ Shares Fund
    10) Pathfinder Global Property Fund

Sharesies investors believe in dollar cost averaging and time in the market. I see it posted a lot on the facebook investing groups.
    ETFs, DCA, and time in market.

Good stuff.

Things are looking up from the meme stock era of the covid yonder years.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    ETFs, DCA, and time in market.

Good stuff.

Things are looking up from the meme stock era of the covid yonder years.

All that's needed is a new Fund to invest in all these funds & weird & wonderful ETF's then no-one will need to bother with bits of the smaller pies

Come to think of it - NZX probably has a few spaces where the departed & to depart listings once stood.

Would want them to increase their fees too much again to compensate for the increasing gaps
    Last edited by nztx; 18-12-2023 at 10:59 PM.

https://www.interest.co.nz/investing...million-traded

Retail investment platform Sharesies says it recorded its biggest trading month ever in March 2024, with almost half a billion dollars traded over the platform, according to its latest quarterly index.
    The investment platform credits the surge to a rally in tech stocks in the United States alongside a significant influx of new investors into the share market, and a notable increase in activity from previously cautious investors.
    Sharesies reached a total trade volume of $488 million over the month of March as well as its biggest individual trading day on record on March 5th, with $35.7 million traded.

Across the whole month of March, trading volumes in the US constituted 75% of the total, while NZX and ASX trading accounted for 17% and 9% respectively.

Sharesies boasts the largest retail investor base in New Zealand and manages over $3 billion in funds.
    It has over 620,000 users across New Zealand and Australia and invests in over 8,000 companies and funds which span five exchanges in the US, Australia, and New Zealand, without any minimum investment requirement.

How does $488m 1 month trade volume stack up compared to Jarden Director or ASB does anyone know?

no wonder I got a recent survey from ASB lol. must be losing customers eh Rawz. ASB pretty good on most things, but continues fleecing punters with high brokerage fees, no app/phone display, & they make buying 'overseas' stocks cumbersome. Plus no real system improvements for..... geez..... as long as I can remember....

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    no wonder I got a recent survey from ASB lol. must be losing customers eh Rawz. ASB pretty good on most things, but continues fleecing punters with high brokerage fees, no app/phone display, & they make buying 'overseas' stocks cumbersome. Plus no real system improvements for..... geez..... as long as I can remember....
    The best thing about sharesies is no paperwork. Rights offers and cap raises all handled by clicking a button on the app. Buying ASX shares costs $15 a trade. No need to remember ASX codes/pins/SRN numbers etc. No need for an aussie bank account or banking cheques.

Jarden is good for NZX. I use both and rate both highly

One Australian brokerage lets you buy orders under $1000 for no fee.

Guru

Sharesies going to take over trading of Fonterra shares....

https://www.farmersweekly.co.nz/mark...3pqJF0q4FBwLPE