sharetrader
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/sharesiesshareclub

But, please don’t go there/sign up, just to stir **** as many seem to have done. There are some good people there, who are keen to learn, but there are also a fair number of people who still don’t understand investing, and seem unwilling to learn. And then there are those who clearly joined simply to have a laugh at other’s expense.

Sharesies provides an excellent service to people like me. They do their best to educate beginners and guide them in their investment journey, but the old adage applies - you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink.

jakiwi, thank u 4 that never too late to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Raw, Being an old f@rt, I don't do F B, is there another venue or could one of them start a chat page on S Ter ?
    Create a facebook account with a false name if you like. My dad has done that to see photos of grandkids, travel etc of the family. This way he doesn't have an 'online profile'. There are actually some other really good NZ based groups on FB that tend to discuss macro economic themes. I think FB is great and is like an internet within an internet. I've invested in them and will never sell, FB has unlimited growth in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Create a facebook account with a false name if you like. My dad has done that to see photos of grandkids, travel etc of the family. This way he doesn't have an 'online profile'. There are actually some other really good NZ based groups on FB that tend to discuss macro economic themes. I think FB is great and is like an internet within an internet. I've invested in them and will never sell, FB has unlimited growth in my eyes.
    FB and other Social Media are evil. If you must, do not follow their 'curated' content. Stick to reading 'group' posts and *not* read the news feed. Twitter is even worse. Do not ever. We, as in Human Beings, are the product of these companies and are simply human futures to be exploited some later date. One minute you are a Flat Earther the next you will be coerced by AI curated content and breaking in Pizza shops with a shot gun looking for child traffickers. Yes that actually happened. Why do you think the cognoscenti of Silicon Valley pro-actively have moratoriums on social media and devices in their homes?

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    FB and other Social Media are evil. If you must, do not follow their 'curated' content. Stick to reading 'group' posts and *not* read the news feed. Twitter is even worse. Do not ever. We, as in Human Beings, are the product of these companies and are simply human futures to be exploited some later date. One minute you are a Flat Earther the next you will be coerced by AI curated content and breaking in Pizza shops with a shot gun looking for child traffickers. Yes that actually happened. Why do you think the cognoscenti of Silicon Valley pro-actively have moratoriums on social media and devices in their homes?
    Personally I don't have an issue with it. I watched that netflix doco 'Social Dilemma', had to turn it off after 20 mins because it wasn't telling me anything I thought everyone didn't already know.

Quite a few Karens on FB I'm told
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

For anyone who has forgotten, or doesnt know, there is a Newbies corner available here under Forums header.

Plenty of expertise to tap into here, for those that want it.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    FB and other Social Media are evil.
    Crikey...... sssooo what do you think the share trader site is??

The Sharesies facebook group is not as bad as it used to be. The posters focus seems to have shifted to US shares. Plenty of Tesla and ARK funds fans and heaven forbid you try to temper their enthusiasm!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DazRaz View Post
    The Sharesies facebook group is not as bad as it used to be. The posters focus seems to have shifted to US shares. Plenty of Tesla and ARK funds fans and heaven forbid you try to temper their enthusiasm!

Not surprising .. if one looks at Tesla's SP performance in just 12 months

Anyone seen any other 10 baggers in recent times ?

Anyone caught on to the Lithiums yet ?
    Last edited by nztx; 06-01-2021 at 06:44 PM. Reason: add more

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Not surprising .. if one looks at Tesla's SP performance in just 12 months

Anyone seen any other 10 baggers in recent times ?

Anyone caught on to the Lithiums yet ?
    My USA lithium.
    Cheap, cashed up, honest frugal management, big opportunity, may list on nasdag.
    Want to know who it is?