sharetrader
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    I have not signed up with sharsies, but hate all the snobbery that some on this group show towards it. So what if people are only investing small amounts, or are very enthusiastic chasing tesla etc. Live and let live.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Most of us that have ignored sharsies are probably missing out on plenty of opportunities as it seems the easiest way to gain access to individual overseas companies.

Perhaps Vince should open up a new sub forum for Sharsies, might be very popular
    That snobbery is rampant here, even towards non sharesies members. I aloso struggle to understand why someone would get personally offended with the how and why other people choose to invest their hard earned.
    Last edited by porkandpuha; 01-02-2021 at 08:36 AM.

Legend

Has anyone considered directly shorting the Hedgies assuming some are listed?

All we need is a list of these turkeys sitting on the fence

that might be overly rewarding ..
    Last edited by nztx; 01-02-2021 at 10:52 AM. Reason: add more

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]

That snobbery is rampant here, even towards non sharesies members. I aloso struggle to understand why someone would get personally offended with the how and why other people choose to invest their hard earned.

fractional shares & having to pay excessively through nose to mainstreet broker must still be causing irritations in places ..

Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]

lol when sharesies first started a lot of posters on here mocked them as dumb money but i would suggest some a probably way smarter than most on here when it comes to making money
    one step ahead of the herd

sharesies IS being subsidized by traditional investors though right?

I have no problem with it other than that Sharesies managed to get NZX to give it preferential treatment (avoiding trade fees) and then couldnt cope with the transactional volume the minnows created.
    So standard broker clients were penalised by slow trading on the markets as the shoe boys flooded the market with orders totalling 50c
    Thats why I have a slight beef with it.

As an example see the buy depth on OCA at one point today.

OCASharesies.JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post

I have no problem with it other than that Sharesies managed to get NZX to give it preferential treatment (avoiding trade fees) and then couldnt cope with the transactional volume the minnows created.
    So standard broker clients were penalised by slow trading on the markets as the shoe boys flooded the market with orders totalling 50c

OCASharesies.JPG

Dunno about that -- the large Funds probably have tailored discount rates, large sophisticated a different set of discount rates
    leaving a certain other bundle of patrons to be fleeced on standard public broker rates - would you not say ?

Sharesies trading costs are probably more realistic without all the fat cat provided advisory enhancements & add-on costs built in with fancy newsletter & 10 minute phone a broker chats direct into the broker Million dollar dealing pads..

Look no further than other foreign markets (say USA) and start doing the sums ..

If NZX had their act together then 50c orders would have a cost factor of a dime a dozen like elsewhere
    but as everyone is at times painfully aware, the sleeping market operator seems a bit behind in keeping up ..
    eg when the hackers recently disturbed the peacefully dreaming in their flash Wellington offices ..
    Last edited by nztx; 01-02-2021 at 01:19 PM. Reason: add more

None of which is Sharesies fault or responsibility. If you have a beef with it talk to NZX. Sharesies had the balls to address the investing “inequality of opportunity” in this country, and is providing a bloody good service. Yes, there are some ignorant douchebags in their Facebook group, but the vast majority of Sharesies members/investors are people like me. I have grown my minuscule portfolio from around $2300 since July 2020 - to just over $16,000 today. Sharesies is the only way I could ever have achieved that.

Your post smacks of entitlement and arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post

OCASharesies.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post

Your post smacks of entitlement and arrogance.
    No it doesnt !!! Nothing I said is arrogant or entitled. You just perceive me that way because we have had this discussion before.

It just rests on the principle that system costs should be born fairly and equally otherwise there are perverse outcomes
    Last edited by peat; 01-02-2021 at 01:32 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Default Grave New World

Aaaaaaahhhh!

Somewhere out there is a disruptive app which will turn the sharebroking industry inside out.
    It hasn't arrived yet, but it's on its way, sure as eggs is eggs.

Some say that they deserve it, but I couldn't possibly comment.

Are you referring to PHUN on the Nasdaq?