sharetrader
    Guru

Question Cass Offshore Minerals

COF -- sign of the above has misterially appeared in my Computershare holdings account, I do not know anything about this out fit, didn't buy them, can any one shed any light on them ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    COF -- sign of the above has misterially appeared in my Computershare holdings account, I do not know anything about this out fit, didn't buy them, can any one shed any light on them ?
    I got an email from computershare explaining they were from an old holding . Will try and post it tomorrow .

Share Collector

Yes, I got the statement and the letter that went with it saying it came from a reverse takeover of an old 2013 company I was a shareholder of... suspect it has something to do with Tasman Capital - I see they are on the shareholder list at the Companies office (still shows as not having extensive shareholders, but perhaps that's about to be updated).

The letter with the listing doesn't exactly give me a lot of hope - nor does the shareholder list that starts with a substantial holder based in St Kitts and Nevis.

Legend

Like others here - also received Computershare holding update with this

Has anyone got to the bottom of what the company taken over in 2013 was ?

Share Collector

The company taken over was Elizabeth Corporation, which appears to have been a newly set-up shell corporation at the time, related to Tasman Capital. Seems they have just used TASU to raise some shareholders - most likely looking for a base to raise additional capital from. Tasman Capital likely provided a small amount of capital or services and received shares in exchange which they have partially distributed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    The company taken over was Elizabeth Corporation, which appears to have been a newly set-up shell corporation at the time, related to Tasman Capital. Seems they have just used TASU to raise some shareholders - most likely looking for a base to raise additional capital from. Tasman Capital likely provided a small amount of capital or services and received shares in exchange which they have partially distributed.

Yes - this is one more pesty shareholding from Tasman Capital.

Their focus is seabed mining (iron sand & ilmenite) - and if one was to hazard a guess - shareholders.
    This is another "BEWARE" company.

When Tasman Capital was floated I also subscribed for our kids.
    With Cass I will follow the same process that I used last year to remove their other holdings - and more importantly, to halt the unwelcome flow of emails & letters.

Here is the process I will use :
    1. Encourage them to gift their (almost worthless) holdings to me - which they will happily do.
    2. Download & complete Offmarket Transfer Forms for each holding.
    3. Gift my enlarged holding to someone on the Tasman Capital thread who is already a shareholder.

Good luck with this one everyone, or should I offer my condolensces ?