sharetrader
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Permanent Newbie

I am guessing you have sold Peat. The demerger was cancelled.

Mike Cannon-Brookes might be a tech guy with too much money but he has the support of Brookfields who I would think would want a return on investment and they tend to invest long term. Maybe they are world changers using other peoples money to save themselves from climate change, who knows.

CEO and Board chair have gone along with two directors. Big changes ahead for better or for worse. Slow shareholders like me only waking up to this today, share price movement today will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I am guessing you have sold Peat. The demerger was cancelled.
    I only found out it was cancelled by reading your post today Aaron. But I had halved my holding already on the basis that I considered Albanese a risk to this non eco business.
    I tell my self I sold the ones I bought at 5,15 so on a last in first out basis I made a profit but in reality I just broke even but have reduced my average cost to about current price, maybe slightly lower.
    I'll just sit on this half now....
    I sold half my BPT as well. definitely made a profit on those.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I only found out it was cancelled by reading your post today Aaron. But I had halved my holding already on the basis that I considered Albanese a risk to this non eco business.
    I tell my self I sold the ones I bought at 5,15 so on a last in first out basis I made a profit but in reality I just broke even but have reduced my average cost to about current price, maybe slightly lower.
    I'll just sit on this half now....
    I sold half my BPT as well. definitely made a profit on those.
    peat , your mailbox is full, can you please empty some out.

Permanent Newbie

Sold out but wonder how the Australian electricity crisis might affect profitability and the idea of a rapid move away from coal. A big article in the herald this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    peat , your mailbox is full, can you please empty some out.
    have done so now

still have 5% of my equity portfolio in this dog.
    I hope the directors can just get on with things and not lament they didnt demerge....
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Brookfield have accumulated a small stake (under 5%) so they must still be interested, they recently raised USD $15B in a green transition fund which is focusing on opportunities like AGL. AGL say they are not wanted to see any offer around $8.25 as they see the SP as depressed..

I have a small stake in AGL, interesting to see how this one plays out. Company update on strategy in August.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/canad...001126386.html

Permanent Newbie

Australia looking at higher energy prices. AGL greeny takes charge.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-...ergy/101580884

I can't understand govts (voters) they want to fight climate change and reduce CO2 emissions but if you suggest they should pay more for energy you get Labour dropping the tax on petrol, Liz Truss printing billions to cap everyones power bill and Australia now looking at handouts.

If you want people to use less fossil fuels raise the price, it will work every time.

I have been reading about a lack of investment in fossil fuels, (think Labour banning further exploration in NZ) and how we might hit a point where the depletion of cheap fossil fuel energy has not been replaced by renewable energy and because it takes so long to get the coal or oil out of the ground we have the potential for energy shortages. Too big of an issue to know the truth but interesting none the less.

I don't imagine the climate activists will be offering to cover some of the additional energy costs to save the planet. They will be whining along with the rest of the voting public so you will end up with these stupid govt (voter) responses.

The price cap in the UK had the potential to increase energy consumption as once you reached the cap there was no incentive to conserve energy.
    Last edited by Aaron; 27-10-2022 at 03:21 PM.

The price cap in the uk is on the kwh price not the amount you used, The more you use the more you pay.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post
    The price cap in the uk is on the kwh price not the amount you used, The more you use the more you pay.
    Thanks for that, I have no idea, just thought it went along with my rant, sorry if it was fake news. Capping the price of the kwh might encourage more usage, unless the cap was set pretty high, though not as bad as a price cap.

The whole thing has been pretty badly worded and confusing, But hey its the government.