sharetrader
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 51 to 56 of 56
  1. #51
    Permanent Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    I am guessing you have sold Peat. The demerger was cancelled.

    Mike Cannon-Brookes might be a tech guy with too much money but he has the support of Brookfields who I would think would want a return on investment and they tend to invest long term. Maybe they are world changers using other peoples money to save themselves from climate change, who knows.

    CEO and Board chair have gone along with two directors. Big changes ahead for better or for worse. Slow shareholders like me only waking up to this today, share price movement today will be interesting.

  2. #52
    Legend peat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Whanganui, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I am guessing you have sold Peat. The demerger was cancelled.
    I only found out it was cancelled by reading your post today Aaron. But I had halved my holding already on the basis that I considered Albanese a risk to this non eco business.
    I tell my self I sold the ones I bought at 5,15 so on a last in first out basis I made a profit but in reality I just broke even but have reduced my average cost to about current price, maybe slightly lower.
    I'll just sit on this half now....
    I sold half my BPT as well. definitely made a profit on those.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

  3. #53
    IMO
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    9,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I only found out it was cancelled by reading your post today Aaron. But I had halved my holding already on the basis that I considered Albanese a risk to this non eco business.
    I tell my self I sold the ones I bought at 5,15 so on a last in first out basis I made a profit but in reality I just broke even but have reduced my average cost to about current price, maybe slightly lower.
    I'll just sit on this half now....
    I sold half my BPT as well. definitely made a profit on those.
    peat , your mailbox is full, can you please empty some out.

  4. #54
    Permanent Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    Sold out but wonder how the Australian electricity crisis might affect profitability and the idea of a rapid move away from coal. A big article in the herald this morning.

  5. #55
    Legend peat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Whanganui, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    peat , your mailbox is full, can you please empty some out.
    have done so now

    still have 5% of my equity portfolio in this dog.
    I hope the directors can just get on with things and not lament they didnt demerge....
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Brookfield have accumulated a small stake (under 5%) so they must still be interested, they recently raised USD $15B in a green transition fund which is focusing on opportunities like AGL. AGL say they are not wanted to see any offer around $8.25 as they see the SP as depressed..

    I have a small stake in AGL, interesting to see how this one plays out. Company update on strategy in August.

    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/canad...001126386.html

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •